• 34(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
Speaking of backgrounds. The setting to enable a different image for each screen more often than not does not work correctly.

That is, the same back image that is used for "Files" shows for "Movies" and "TV Shows". Seems like random or if I let it sit on Movies or TV Shows long enough the background will show up.

But exit of Kodi either the background is back to the "Files" background or changed. Seems random.

Just expected to never see the same background on all 3 since the setting says use a different background for each section.
(2015-12-26, 13:06)Helly1206 Wrote: Hi,

I'm afraid what you want is not possible (or you have to make a scripts that has this behavior). Selecting the folder makes use of the built-in function Skin.SetPath and it's behavior cannot be changed. You can try SetImage or SetFile, but that function only allows you to select one single file. However going back further than the start folder is not allowed.

Helly.

That's too bad - but thanks for your reply! Smile
Is it possible to use Xonfluence to get a "Recently Played" (and/or similarly, "In Progress") list that works for files not in the library? While Kodi definitely does have info on the play progress of non-library files in its database (it allows them to be resumed), no Smart Playlist I've tried will list items unless those items are also in the library. For instance, home videos, temporary/local video clips, etc. I'm looking for a way to launch Kodi and see the last *files* I've played (including files that weren't scraped as a movie/tv show).

Hoping that Xonfluence has something amongst its vast featureset that would make this possible Smile
(2016-01-24, 15:55)flhthemi Wrote: I think it would save much confusion if you had a new thread for Jarvis, if it can be done. Maybe even lock the old one with a final message indicating there is no more support for it.....

Maybe that's a good idea. I will start e new thread for isengard. No futher updates by me, but anyone is free to help or adapt this version. I'll keep this thread for jarvis bugs, updates and feature requests.

Helly.
(2016-01-24, 16:25)trogggy Wrote: Linked to the above - a feature request of my own (first for me, I think...)

In CCM and xonfluence Isengard I mapped some new buttons in the osd to change audio inputs.
I use Audio Profiles Switcher, and I put a button in to toggle / go to next audio profile (basically to switch from tv to amp).
It's discussed on this page.
Obviously those settings are lost when a skin updates, so I haven't bothered adding them to xonfluence jarvis - and to be honest it's not a major issue - I've also mapped buttons on home-screen menus and a toggle on the remote. Plus I doubt many people use that particular add-on, so asking for a mod for it seems a bit lame.
But...

Would it be possible to add one or more configurable buttons to the available space in the osd?
eg if you want a particular button go to skin settings, enable it, enter the path manually (or select from a list, eg dreamcatcher), enter the path to .png's.
Maybe if people use a particular add-on they could post examples / images here (eg the zip for the audio profiles png's.
That way if anyone wants to customize the osd they can keep those on updates.

Feel free to respond with can't / shan't / won't / too much of a PITA / won't work - it's just an idea.

Hi,

Of course everything is possible, but it is a lot of work to make everything configurable and it makes the skin larger and slower. I'm going to park it for the moment, but I'll think about it for a future release to maybe add 1 or 2 configurable buttons.

Thanks.
Helly.
(2016-01-25, 22:55)quan3t Wrote: Helly,
Just got around to updating to Jarvis and updated the skin. I saw in change note that this option was implemented in version 3.20 but I couldn't find the option anywhere. Do you mind point me to where it is?
- Added option to hide addon names on home screen #262

Hi,

You can find the setting at skinsettings - general - home screen options - Show addon names

Helly.
(2016-01-27, 05:52)godric Wrote: Hi there, Thanks for all your work!

I have a bunch of Movie backgrounds that would change slideshow style on CCM... They are located on a NAS along with the rest of the media i have. I havent been able to get Xonfluence to see that directory and use it for background slideshow. Is this possible or am i missing something?

Thanks again.

Hi,

Which version are you using?

On Isengard (v3.1.6) I know there is a bug. The only thing you can do is change the folder manually in guisettings.xml.
On Jarvis you can select 'Use alternative background folder) in skin settings - backgrounds. When trying to select a background it goes to the home folder now.

Helly.
(2016-01-28, 01:52)war59312 Wrote: Speaking of backgrounds. The setting to enable a different image for each screen more often than not does not work correctly.

That is, the same back image that is used for "Files" shows for "Movies" and "TV Shows". Seems like random or if I let it sit on Movies or TV Shows long enough the background will show up.

But exit of Kodi either the background is back to the "Files" background or changed. Seems random.

Just expected to never see the same background on all 3 since the setting says use a different background for each section.

Can you maybe explain in some more detail. I cannot reproduce this issue (or I don't understand correctly). Did you select the correct type in Skin settings - home menu - background type ?

Helly.
(2016-01-28, 11:28)metal450 Wrote: Is it possible to use Xonfluence to get a "Recently Played" (and/or similarly, "In Progress") list that works for files not in the library? While Kodi definitely does have info on the play progress of non-library files in its database (it allows them to be resumed), no Smart Playlist I've tried will list items unless those items are also in the library. For instance, home videos, temporary/local video clips, etc. I'm looking for a way to launch Kodi and see the last *files* I've played (including files that weren't scraped as a movie/tv show).

Hoping that Xonfluence has something amongst its vast featureset that would make this possible Smile

Unfortunately that's not possible. The library stores some metadata that kodi uses, like recently played or in progress. If I would like to I have to make a database for those files and a special addon to play and browse. I think it's a better idea to place those files in a library.

Thanks,
Helly.
I am trying to change to my custom backgrounds but when you click on "multi images" all i get is the up arrow. I do not have the "single image enabled" i have my custom background saved in special://profile/art but i can't access it nor can i access special://skins/background where the stock backgrounds are kept..
Any Help would be appreciated
(2016-01-28, 20:20)Helly1206 Wrote:

I have a bunch of Movie backgrounds that would change slideshow style on CCM... They are located on a NAS along with the rest of the media i have. I havent been able to get Xonfluence to see that directory and use it for background slideshow. Is this possible or am i missing something?

Thanks again.

Hi,

On Isengard (v3.1.6) I know there is a bug. The only thing you can do is change the folder manually in guisettings.xml.
On Jarvis you can select 'Use alternative background folder) in skin settings - backgrounds. When trying to select a background it goes to the home folder now.

Helly.

Its showing Kodi 15.2. Git:2015-10-27-17fa8da

not sure if thats helpful. If moving to Jarvis will fix it ill just update it when the final version gets released. Or do you think the RC1 thats out is good enough to just throw on and run with?

Thanks again!
Hi,

I released version 3.2.2 in the repo. Lots of bug fixes and extra features. Have Fun.

Helly.

- Remove the dash before the displayed picture date if no date can be found #417
- Wide view: restore number-of-items-per-page to 10 instead of 8 when no label selected #416
- Fixed negated hide label for wide ange view #416
- Updated wide view layout with label (now 8 complete items are displayed,and selected text is displayed correctly)
- Fixed position of chapter count on full screen video when mouse input enabled
- Synced with latest changes on confluence jarvis
- Moved extended progressbar a little bit to the left to prevent possible overlap
- Added 3 extra mainmenu item options and 3 extra submenu item options for better configurability
- Solved bug for displaying logo for R-rated movies #471
- Solved bug in "User videoOSD button" that never displayed on the video OSD #463
- Added record button for stream if dreamcather addon installed for video and audio #464
- Added possibility to display user video osd button in music OSD and adding a user command to this button #488
- Added possibility to hide skin settings by setting 'HideSkinSettings'. This setting can only be set in the XML-file.
- Added an option to move Global Search to the bottom (next to Favorites and Shutdown) #432
- Fixed bug in extrathumbs slideshow in Media Info and Media Info 3 view #441
(2016-01-30, 04:34)TheGimp Wrote: I am trying to change to my custom backgrounds but when you click on "multi images" all i get is the up arrow. I do not have the "single image enabled" i have my custom background saved in special://profile/art but i can't access it nor can i access special://skins/background where the stock backgrounds are kept..
Any Help would be appreciated

I think this is related to your access rights. I don't have these issues on my system...

Helly.
(2016-01-30, 07:45)godric Wrote:
(2016-01-28, 20:20)Helly1206 Wrote:

Thanks again.

Hi,

Helly.

Its showing Kodi 15.2. Git:2015-10-27-17fa8da

not sure if thats helpful. If moving to Jarvis will fix it ill just update it when the final version gets released. Or do you think the RC1 thats out is good enough to just throw on and run with?

Thanks again!

I'm using Jarvis RC2 at the moment, just for testing my skin. My HTPC still runs Isengard and Xonfluence 3.1.6. I think RC2 is stable enough, but it is up to you if you want to wait until the final release or want to use a development built.

Helly.
(2016-01-28, 20:29)Helly1206 Wrote: Unfortunately that's not possible. The library stores some metadata that kodi uses, like recently played or in progress. If I would like to I have to make a database for those files and a special addon to play and browse. I think it's a better idea to place those files in a library.

I'm a little confused - you'd have to make your own database? Because...Kodi does remember the play status of all those non-library files. So why would another db be necessary?

You don't by chance know of an addon that does something like this?

There are many reasons why not requiring an item to be in the library before such functionality would work is meaningful. For instance:
*Videos that could never be identified by a scraper (i.e. home videos, commercials, random clips downloaded from the internet, one-time TV specials in foreign languages, very old archival footage, etc). This is the biggest reason.
*Videos that shouldn't be added to the library (i.e. a movie on the local system, vs on the shared location referenced by shared MySQL library)
*Videos the user simply doesn't want added to the library (for privacy reasons)

:/
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13