• 79(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
Do I have to make a bookmark manually if I stop the movie in the middle of playback. Is there no auto resume so it will remember where I stopped the film? Huh
(2016-02-01, 21:13)ECEC Wrote:
(2016-02-01, 19:41)_Spook_ Wrote: Btw...what is the easiest/best way to push apk file to the SATV? Using USB stick is kind of a pain and ES File Explorer is crap (can't mount SMB/NFS).

I use an app called X-Plore to moves files back and forth from my (windows) server. It's 1000% better than ES if only because it's functional with just a remote.

Yep, X-Plore is 10,000,000 better than ES. I only use it to load APKs, for all else I use ftp as that is even quicker.
I have both Shields connected to my Synology via FTP (for file moving, NFS for regular use) so I don't even have to have a computer in the middle.
(2016-02-01, 22:04)_Spook_ Wrote: I used this:
http://nvidiashieldzone.com/index.php/sh...ndroid-tv/

Worked like a charm Smile

BTW: Has anyone been able to map Kodi keys to their Harmony remote and get it working on SATV?

great ftp guide.

As for Harmony, there are several guides on here have a search, all require something more than standard IR as the possibilities are limited by Logitech.
Personally I use Flircs with my Shields and Harmony 650s and it's great. Those with hub models have other options.
Easiest way to install new apk's is through ADB. You can turn on wireless adb but you have to connect via USB at least once to authorize it.

then:

adb connect <shield ip address>
adb install -r <apk file>

I do so through my linux server so my shield stays connected via adb almost all the time, meaning only the second line is necessary after that.
Hi, i hope anyone can help me. I have problems to mount my nfs share on my nas. With my windows pc and kodi or my satellite receiver it is no problem but i can't select the nfs directory.
In kodi I go to NFS and see my NAS. I click on it and see the IP Adress. I can open it and see all the directorys. But then i can't open the directorys.
Sorry for my bad english.

I found a solution, i had to edit the /etc/exports on my nas and insert "insecure" in the lines. I have a zyxel 450 NAS.
(2016-02-02, 07:27)Hiphopopotamus Wrote:

BTW: Has anyone been able to map Kodi keys to their Harmony remote and get it working on SATV?

great ftp guide.

As for Harmony, there are several guides on here have a search, all require something more than standard IR as the possibilities are limited by Logitech.
Personally I use Flircs with my Shields and Harmony 650s and it's great. Those with hub models have other options.
Hmm...I have hub but haven't been able to get the bluetooth keyboard that it can emulate to work in Kodi with the remote. Unable to map keyboard keys to remote.

I have a IrDa dongle I will try. Probably not going to work.

Pretty annoying. But I can play files and so. Just not all the keys there...
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
(2015-11-25, 10:21)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2015-11-25, 10:13)dan3o3 Wrote:
(2015-11-25, 10:08)Martijn Wrote: No it's not included! Nowhere it's mention it will be until said several time "Kodi version 17"

Mhhh, ok but do you have any idea why it worked with the older AVR?

Dan

Because as I stated, pass-through works just not on all AVRs, at least not correctly, there are work a rounds. Some people may not have an issue, others like myself and you will.

Just do like I do for now and set Kodi up to do the decoding and output LPCM.

How do I go about setting Kodi to decode and output LPCM?
(2016-02-02, 20:26)_Spook_ Wrote:
(2016-02-02, 07:27)Hiphopopotamus Wrote:

great ftp guide.

Hmm...I have hub but haven't been able to get the bluetooth keyboard that it can emulate to work in Kodi with the remote. Unable to map keyboard keys to remote.

I have a IrDa dongle I will try. Probably not going to work.

Pretty annoying. But I can play files and so. Just not all the keys there...

If you searched for Harmony in this thread, then you will see Tinwarble's post about setting up the hub models to work best with Kodi.
(2016-02-03, 02:08)Hiphopopotamus Wrote: If you searched for Harmony in this thread, then you will see Tinwarble's post about setting up the hub models to work best with Kodi.

You actually don't have to search since there's a link to Logitech forum thread which has my setup on the first post. Wink
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi Tinwarble
Have you been able to take a quick look at the keymap.xml made by kronzo for harmony with shield/kodi and the problem with the next subtitle button in this last post http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=255033
It would be a great help and I would really appreciate it
Many many many thanks
(2016-02-03, 02:23)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2016-02-03, 02:08)Hiphopopotamus Wrote: If you searched for Harmony in this thread, then you will see Tinwarble's post about setting up the hub models to work best with Kodi.

You actually don't have to search since there's a link to Logitech forum thread which has my setup on the first post. Wink

If it's this http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-Hu...145/page/2 you are refering to I can't see that helps much. And also keymap editor i Kodi crashes when I try to make changes.

Oh well. Will just have to be patient and see what nVidia and Logitech will get done in the future. Not many buttons I miss, mostly its the "Guide" button so I can have the options menu.
(2016-02-03, 10:40)_Spook_ Wrote: If it's this http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-Hu...145/page/2 you are refering to I can't see that helps much. And also keymap editor i Kodi crashes when I try to make changes.

Oh well. Will just have to be patient and see what nVidia and Logitech will get done in the future. Not many buttons I miss, mostly its the "Guide" button so I can have the options menu.

It does if you have a Smart HUB, since a good number of people have used that to add more functionality to their remote for Kodi. If you have an IR only remote then about the only thing you can do is add a Flirc. And the Keymap add-on is working perfectly fine for me, so I can't tell you why you're having issues.

As for Logitech (who is the responsible party) fixing things, I wouldn't hold my breath since they have been aware of the issue for months, not only in their forums but also through their beta program, and still have not fix things.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2016-02-03, 10:48)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2016-02-03, 10:40)_Spook_ Wrote: If it's this http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-Hu...145/page/2 you are refering to I can't see that helps much. And also keymap editor i Kodi crashes when I try to make changes.

It does if you have a Smart HUB, since a good number of people have used that to add more functionality to their remote for Kodi. If you have an IR only remote then about the only thing you can do is add a Flirc. And the Keymap add-on is working perfectly fine for me, so I can't tell you why you're having issues.

As for Logitech (who is the responsible party) fixing things, I wouldn't hold my breath since they have been aware of the issue for months, not only in their forums but also through their beta program, and still have not fix things.

I have the smarthub (Elite) and have added the BT keyboard. But haven't been able to use that on the remote, just the app. I will keep trying Smile
I'm considering my options for an android tv box and weighing up all the various pluses and minuses between different boxes.

I have a slightly oddball question, and hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction.

Will non Android TV legal video streaming apps that are intended for use on a tablet and have HDMI output blocked on the tablet, also be blocked from outputting to the TV on the Nvidia Shield? Or is this completely app specific?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2016-02-03, 11:23)jmh2002 Wrote: I'm considering my options for an android tv box and weighing up all the various pluses and minuses between different boxes.

I have a slightly oddball question, and hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction.

Will non Android TV legal video streaming apps that are intended for use on a tablet and have HDMI output blocked on the tablet, also be blocked from outputting to the TV on the Nvidia Shield? Or is this completely app specific?
How will you be able to run "Non-android" legal TV streaming apps on an Android box?

If you did not mean non-android, something else to consider: I think that Legal streaming apps not specifically designed for "Android TV" will be cumbersome to use anyway, as the shield remote does not have a "real" touchscreen. I have a remote bluetooth keyboard/mouse that works fine for those situations, but it's less than ideal to have multiple remotes. If HDMI output will be blocked(and in the case of the Shield there is only HDMI - although this is also the primary screen, this could make a difference), that should be tested on per app basis I think. Maybe other users have tested this before.
  • 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6