• 28(current)
[RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon
What would it take for this addon to work on Android TV? Instead of launching Chrome, launch the native Netflix app. I would like to add strm files of Netflix shows to my library like I used to do on my Linux HTPC.
(2016-02-01, 02:14)lja2014 Wrote: I have installed this on a test computer and the Netflix movies show with poster. However I then installed on my HTPC and the movies show with thumb image. Is there a way to change to the poster image?

hi you could enable tmdb but it's slow. the best solution would be to add your stuff to kodi-library and use a scraper to get the metadata.
(2016-01-31, 02:23)Milox Wrote: Hello logi85,

I've been using the different generations of this addon, since the first one of AddonScriptorDE, and the one of Corona, JasonPell and now this great version that you, Zero and others wrote. I'm really wanna thank you for your effort that makes our life easier when we wanna watch Netflix within Kodi.

I'm wondering if you may consider to add the possibility of using a custom keysender script. I'm thinking that the addon can check if there is a keysender.sh (or keysender.cmd) in the custom folder and if it is there use it. I tried to do it myself editing the play.py file, but my Python knowledge is less than limited.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Milox, I don't think a custom keysender script would be a good idea cause it is the bridge between browser and kodi and for everyone the same.
So if kodi gets a keypress, it sends actions to the browser.
I guess you want to map keys in kodi so they will trigger an action in browser.

If you miss something, it would be better to ask for or to modify and send back to me, so everyone could effort of the changes.
(2016-02-02, 15:54)horstepipe Wrote:
(2016-01-31, 02:11)logi85 Wrote: It is also now possible to switch language/subtitles (with 1 and 2 on my CEC-Remote (panasonic) ;-) and also with menu and info actions (in kore app the icons top left and right). it only works if you use a resolution of 1920x1080 cause the coordinates have to be hard-coded. If you use another resolution you could modify the keysender file.

hey
can I accomplish switching language/subtitles with a Logitech Harmony, too? I'm using an IR-Receiver on my PC and Harmony sends keyboard strokes. I mapped the commands for switching language/subtitles in Kodi on the Harmony, but unfortunately this doesn't work in browser out of the box.

regards

hi, which browser/OS? the following actions should be mapped in kodi:

ACTION_KEY_1 = 59
ACTION_KEY_2 = 142
ACTION_CONTEXT_MENU = 117
ACTION_SHOW_INFO = 11

1 and context for language-toggle and the other two for switching subs.

Perhaps http://kodi.wiki/view/Keymap could help.
(2016-02-03, 22:14)logi85 Wrote:
(2016-02-01, 02:14)lja2014 Wrote: I have installed this on a test computer and the Netflix movies show with poster. However I then installed on my HTPC and the movies show with thumb image. Is there a way to change to the poster image?

hi you could enable tmdb but it's slow. the best solution would be to add your stuff to kodi-library and use a scraper to get the metadata.

@logi85

Thanks
(2016-02-03, 22:18)logi85 Wrote:
(2016-01-31, 02:23)Milox Wrote: Hello logi85,

I've been using the different generations of this addon, since the first one of AddonScriptorDE, and the one of Corona, JasonPell and now this great version that you, Zero and others wrote. I'm really wanna thank you for your effort that makes our life easier when we wanna watch Netflix within Kodi.

I'm wondering if you may consider to add the possibility of using a custom keysender script. I'm thinking that the addon can check if there is a keysender.sh (or keysender.cmd) in the custom folder and if it is there use it. I tried to do it myself editing the play.py file, but my Python knowledge is less than limited.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Milox, I don't think a custom keysender script would be a good idea cause it is the bridge between browser and kodi and for everyone the same.
So if kodi gets a keypress, it sends actions to the browser.
I guess you want to map keys in kodi so they will trigger an action in browser.

If you miss something, it would be better to ask for or to modify and send back to me, so everyone could effort of the changes.

Hi Logi85,

Thanks for taking the time to reply my question. The reason I asked for this feature is the following:

I use a playback.sh script that is very similar to the chrome.sh script in the launcher/linux folder of the addon, but replacing the calls /usr/bin/google-chrome for /usr/bin/chromium-browser.

Then my idea was to have a keysender.sh script in the custom folder that would be very similar to the one in the keysender/linux folder of the addon but replacing the line.

HANDLE=`/usr/bin/xdotool search "Google Chrome"`

for

HANDLE=`/usr/bin/xdotool search "Chromium"`

Right now, when I have a playback.sh script in the custom folder, doesn't seem to be sending any xdotool command to any window (either chromium or chrome), but probably I'm doing something wrong.

If, one the other hand, I use the chromelauncher option in your addon (and not the playback.sh) that seems to be specific for OpenELEC, not kodibuntu (which is the system I'm running). This options needs some other addons running that are OpenELEC specific and don't install in kodibuntu. By the way, the remote control I'm using is an app in my phone that connect with kodi through port 9090

https://github.com/goldenratio/xbmc-web-remote

Unfortunately options like the one you show in the custom_samples folder don't work either. Modifying the xbindkey_rc to look for "Chromium" window instead of Chrome only work if the remote send direct commands to Linux, if understand this correctly; but my remote app only goes through kodi first.

Of course I can always edit the chrome.sh in keysender and launchers folder after each update (which work great), but it is far from ideal.

Many thanks again for taking the time for replying.
@Milox, I'll think about and 'll give a reply in a few days (weeks?).
Hi guys (and girls?), just uploaded 0.5.5

please have a look on changelogs (1. page) for changes.

@translators: thanks! but please look at https://raw.githubusercontent.com/logi85...strings.po
you all did the same mistake like me before ;-) the msgstr field is for translations and msgid has to be the english version otherwise kodi ignores your translations.
I added some new ids at the end of english version. https://github.com/logi85/plugin.video.f...s/language and add/send the missing translations.
I also used the german version and copy/pasted your translations.
@spanish version: I think I missed translation for general (Allgemein looks too german ;-) )
@italian version: there are some strange chars in the file: "�" I think an encoding problem.

Would be nice if you add the missing translations and report errors.
Thx!
(2016-02-04, 00:37)logi85 Wrote: @italian version: there are some strange chars in the file: "�" I think an encoding problem.
here new italian strings.po .
i think i solved the strange chars and translated new strings.
i always used transifex to translate or .txt never directly the .po files.
Peppe

EDIT

"login refreshed....." string is missed in strings.po

EDITbis

two things about "If your browser does not launch, something went wrong. Push BACK to leave this dialog"
the italian translation is not well centered and if i remain in that screen the "back" button doesn't have effect. i try to use the backspace button on the keyboard and the back button on the remote, but nothing happened. i have to force the kodi shutdown.
@logi85

Here´s a brazilian translate (Portuguese-BR)

http://1drv.ms/1PCqYsh

I think it´s all OK!
@logi85

and here's the new dutch:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mxctblyevurnzg...gs.po?dl=0

Hopefully it's okay this time Smile
i've been having an issue even launching the plugin since the last update. here's a log snip:

16:49:46 T:5456 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: cannot import name database
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\addon.py", line 10, in <module>
from resources import general
File "C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\general.py", line 7, in <module>
import add
File "C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\add.py", line 10, in <module>
from resources import library
File "C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\library.py", line 12, in <module>
from resources.utility import database
ImportError: cannot import name database
-->End of Python script error report<--
16:49:46 T:5140 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.flix2kodi/
16:49:46 T:5140 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.flix2kodi/) failed

any ideas?
never mind. there was an extra import in resources/library.py that doesn't show up in the head revision at github. don't know why.
Lol I uploaded this version, saw the bug, fixed it and uploaded a new version after ~3minutes. I think you was the only lucky guy who just downloaded this version.
Hi all.
I have a little problem. i'm followinf the istruction but I can't figured out how to install the addon

logi85 repo isinstalled but when I go to addon-video I can't see any addon to install

I'm I missing some step?
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon8