[split] New WETEK Box
Split from Aura thread, please keep "advertising" as opposed to "information" to a minimum. nickr.

(2016-01-07, 21:30)Latinbull Wrote: Basically same as wetekplay except no Dolby and dts and unknown support... one more chinese box.
So still no replace my play Sad and wetek is taking long to bring a new solution with dvr.

Maybe not right thread, but we (WeTek) are working on 4K (10-bit H265) DVB solution with HDR and hw support for VP9 decoding, HDCP 2.2, Playready and Widevine DRM included, HD audio passthrough etc. Device will support both Android and OpenELEC as well.
(2016-01-07, 21:38)droidelec Wrote:
(2016-01-07, 21:30)Latinbull Wrote: Basically same as wetekplay except no Dolby and dts and unknown support... one more chinese box.
So still no replace my play Sad and wetek is taking long to bring a new solution with dvr.

Maybe not right thread, but we (WeTek) are working on 4K (10-bit H265) DVB solution with HDR and hw support for VP9 decoding, HDCP 2.2, Playready and Widevine DRM included, HD audio passthrough etc. Device will support both Android and OpenELEC as well.

Nice!

What SOC will that be built on?

Thats exactly what I am looking for Smile I have the wetek play now but its rather slow.

regards
Jacob
(2016-01-07, 22:06)mylle Wrote:
(2016-01-07, 21:38)droidelec Wrote:

Nice!

Thats exactly what I am looking for Smile I have the wetek play now but its rather slow.

regards
Jacob

@droidelec, now this sounds really exciting! More details please (SOC, MVC capability, and other differences w/Core) Smile. Not that Core is not a capable box on its own; and appears good work being done to further improve it (on OpenELEC side, as well as Android). I need to spend more time on WeTek's forum.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-01-07, 23:13)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-01-07, 22:06)mylle Wrote:
(2016-01-07, 21:38)droidelec Wrote: Maybe not right thread, but we (WeTek) are working on 4K (10-bit H265) DVB solution with HDR and hw support for VP9 decoding, HDCP 2.2, Playready and Widevine DRM included, HD audio passthrough etc. Device will support both Android and OpenELEC as well.

Nice!

regards
Jacob

@droidelec, now this sounds really exciting! More details please (SOC, MVC capability, and other differences w/Core) Smile. Not that Core is not a capable box on its own; and appears good work being done to further improve it (on OpenELEC side, as well as Android). I need to spend more time on WeTek's forum.

Yeah, it will be nice device. Regarding HW, we are testing several SoC's from different vendors, but as soon as AMLogic fix S905 with some issues on 4K DVB HEVC 10-bit streams which will be done with new SoC revision (mid January), we will proceed with that HW. But as you probably know S905 is 64bit SoC and current SDK is 32-bit Android running on 64-bit kernel, so full potential of this SoC is not yet used.

Current issue is SecureOS and DRM support is not yet done, except those at SW level (HDCP 2.2 we tested this week and seems to be working now with latest patch sets for Kernel/u-boot).

S908/S912 will be soon on testing as well, but probably this year will come some surprise from our kitchen with SoC from big US company Smile
Great news droidelec....
hope atsc cames also from beginning!
(2016-01-08, 02:19)droidelec Wrote: ...Regarding HW, we are testing several SoC's from different vendors, but as soon as AMLogic fix S905 with some issues on 4K DVB HEVC 10-bit streams which will be done with new SoC revision (mid January), we will proceed with that HW. But as you probably know S905 is 64bit SoC and current SDK is 32-bit ....

This is a very interesting statement, 4K issues with 10-bit HEVC on current S905 SoC's. This would imply all current S905 SoC's on the market have this hardware problem, until as stated a new SoC is released from AMLogic ?

According to CNX, K1 and MINI MX have the problem, while Minix U1 (which I know for sure has Rev.B, which already fixed h265 issues) doesn't.
So not sure what is the issue @droidelec speaks about.

@droidelec, would you have a sample of the problem?
@Koying,

Yes, we discovered issue when tune with DVB-S2 tuner to Astra 19.2E and Hispasat 30W, and watch some of 10-bit HEVC 4K channels, some scenes could not be properly decoded, so on TV screen you would see only mosaic, and here is official answer from AML:

We received on friday S905 Revision C samples and making tests, so far everything is OK.
Nice to hear .......
BTW... would like to see an STmicro based enhanced DVB-S2 demodulator+tuner combination like STV091x/STV61xx,to receive or get Low Sr Codesrates,multistream (MIS) and/or VCM transponders.....Availink is not really a "star" in this case Wink
So it look like AMLogic might have finally settled on a name for the upgraded S905, and simply called it the S905X:

Full Tech Specs at CNX:
http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/01/12/a...fications/

- VP9-10 Profile-2 up to 4Kx2K@60fps
- HDR10 processing, REC709 / BT2020 processing
- HDMI 2.0a, 3D, CEC, HDR and HDCP 2.2 (which means 4K Netflix in an approved device)
- Built-in dual-channel audio DAC with amplifier
- Integrated 10/100M PHY interface
- Integrated CI+ port and ISO 7816 smart card controller

Still Mali 450, smh...
Great!

I can not wait.
The specs look promising!

Looks like the S912 will have a better gpu though...
LG 77G1 • Onkyo TX-RZ70 • Q Acoustics F:2050i C:2000Ci R:2020i A:QI65C • 2x BK Elec XXLS400-DF
Vero V (OSMC) • Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019) • Sony UBP-X800M2 • Sony PlayStation 5
S912... High perf gaming GPU? Hope in a Mali T760 at least...
(2016-02-04, 08:30)ChristianTroy Wrote: S912... High perf gaming GPU? Hope in a Mali T760 at least...
Rumors are a Mali T830 from my searches...
LG 77G1 • Onkyo TX-RZ70 • Q Acoustics F:2050i C:2000Ci R:2020i A:QI65C • 2x BK Elec XXLS400-DF
Vero V (OSMC) • Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019) • Sony UBP-X800M2 • Sony PlayStation 5

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] New WETEK Box1