• 157(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2016-01-29, 21:36)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-01-28, 21:53)ArieS Wrote: pcm, I should have mentioned that this image was 'created' with Photoshop just to show you what I see on my screen.
The original image is this one (don't know why you have TAB and I have SBS though...)

That was captured with screenshot key in kodi? And the png is 1920x1080? That suggests you are not in framepacking mode, so only have half the resolution.
Can you run "tvservice -s" when playing a 3D video? It should show "FP" rather than SBS.
Are you using a recent Milhouse build? Do you have "adjust display refresh rate to match video" enabled?
A debug log (wiki) when playing a 3D may help.
pcm, you were right, I was only getting SBS because I didn't have "adjust display refresh rate to match video" enabled... Now that I enabled it I get "FP".
Last night, I watched Mysteries of the Unseen World in 3D and the picture was amazing!

However I wish we didn't have to use the "adjust display refresh..." option as when I start a video, I get a black screen for like 3-4 seconds even though the video is already playing and same black screen when I stop the video.
I also found out the hard way (I had already scrapped a bunch of 3D movies) that MVC files will not play in 3D if they don't contain MVC in the title so Mysteries of the Unseen World.MVC.mkv=good but Mysteries of the Unseen World.3D.mkv=no good.
So I now have to modity a bunch of names (mkv, posters, landscape, fanart) Sad

Anyway, thanks a lot for taking the time to help out, pcm Smile
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2016-02-02, 16:37)aaron.fritz Wrote: Will check all that stuff when I get home tonight.

Thanks.
aaron, check my post above, that's maybe your issue, too
(2016-02-02, 22:41)ArieS Wrote: However I wish we didn't have to use the "adjust display refresh..." option as when I start a video, I get a black screen for like 3-4 seconds even though the video is already playing and same black screen when I stop the video.
This happens because your display is in process of matching refresh rate... some displays are quicker than others (my Epson 5025 takes almost 5-6 secs). Under the 'adjust display refresh...' setting, you can add a pause (I have mine set for 5 seconds) to allow your display some time to catch-up.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
@hdmkv Thanks for such a great round up 3D players, I decided after yet another 2 hour remote support call with my wife trying to resolve Powerdvd on Windows issues to go with a Raspberry Pi 2 and play my 3D ISO using that instead.

Someday I'll just get to play the damn things rather than fixing things.
(2016-02-02, 22:41)ArieS Wrote: However I wish we didn't have to use the "adjust display refresh..." option as when I start a video, I get a black screen for like 3-4 seconds even though the video is already playing and same black screen when I stop the video.

I find this a bit annoying as well on my benq W1070. I tried the cinema experience add-on a bit ago and everytime the screen changes it does the blank screen thing and just seems to ruin the experience.
(2016-02-02, 22:51)hdmkv Wrote:
This happens because your display is in process of matching refresh rate... some displays are quicker than others (my Epson 5025 takes almost 5-6 secs). Under the 'adjust display refresh...' setting, you can add a pause (I have mine set for 5 seconds) to allow your display some time to catch-up.
Ahh good to know, I will give that a try.

Btw, I have no excuse for not enabling the "adjust display" option as you clearly state to do it in your first post on the first page... And it's not that I didn't read this post 50 times when I was trying to decide between the Pi2 and the Q5 Tongue
Thank you for all that you do here, hdmkv. It is greatly appreciated! Smile
Appreciate that you appreciate it. No worries about missing the RPi2 settings in post #1... I know it's pretty dense reading Smile.
My Family Room Theater
Raspberry Pi 2 Complete Starter Kit with Edimax WiFi

Promotional code AY2SHMY9 = $58.49
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Hi Movie78..saw you ask about bd-java menu on the testbuilds thread.Prompted me to try a bluray to see what if anything happens..choosing the index.bdmv file from an unencrypted bdmv folder surprisingly displayed the full menu allowing full navigation
http://www.demo-world.eu/2013/07/14/refe...demo-disc/
Has anyone else noticed this and have tried with other blurays??
Im on 0128 Millhouse build
(2016-02-02, 15:26)hdmkv Wrote: Just checking some things...

- Are you using the latest Milhouse build of OpenELEC?
- Is your MKV a full MVC 3D rip (vs. an actual SBS video)?
- Under Videos/Acceleration, do you have "Use Full HD HDMI modes for 3D" enabled?
- Under Video/Playback, for playback mode of stereoscopic 3D videos, do you have "Preferred Mode" selected?
- Under System/Video Output, do you have preferred mode set to "Same as Movie"?

Thanks these worked
Glad to hear.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-02-04, 02:46)macca777 Wrote: Hi Movie78..saw you ask about bd-java menu on the testbuilds thread.Prompted me to try a bluray to see what if anything happens..choosing the index.bdmv file from an unencrypted bdmv folder surprisingly displayed the full menu allowing full navigation
http://www.demo-world.eu/2013/07/14/refe...demo-disc/
Has anyone else noticed this and have tried with other blurays??
Im on 0128 Millhouse build

I did request that feature (BD J Menu) in the Dev Thread,but i don't think that the Raspberry Dev have no interest on implementing that feature(BD J menu).
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Unencrypted Bdj menus also work along with frame packing on that modified kodi I posted yesterday, only part not working is if you select play in 3D it still plays in 2D. Possible hd audio working too but I can't test that.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-02-04, 18:52)dukester Wrote: Unencrypted Bdj menus also work along with frame packing on that modified kodi I posted yesterday, only part not working is if you select play in 3D it still plays in 2D. Possible hd audio working too but I can't test that.

What kodi version? for which platform? Only added bdjmenus?
Believe unencrypted BD profile 1.0 or 1.1 menus work in many media players? At one time, I was also using this tool to create my own BD menus (useful for home videos). But, I haven't cared for menus in a while... straight to the content Smile.
My Family Room Theater
  • 157(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17