• 24(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
(2016-01-30, 02:57)Warner306 Wrote: Remapping to these drives to SMB would be the ticket, if you wanted to go down that route.
I will give it a try later today thanks! Big Grin
(2015-11-22, 22:57)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-11-22, 22:53)greatmanu80 Wrote: I need some help with setting rules in Dvdplayer merits. The itv player add on seems to be using dsplayer for streaming, which crashes. BBC iplayer streams using Dvdplayer so I don't know why itv is not. If I menu click on an itv stream and change the player to Dvdplayer it works great. But when just pressing play it uses dsplayer. I'm using the latest Isengard version of dsplayer. Can I set up a specific video add on to use Dvdplayer? What should I change in the the merits option.

Video Add-ons – Streaming Content

Playback of most http/https streams from video add-ons is possible with DSPlayer using LAV Splitter Source. The odd incompatibility may be encountered where add-on links are loaded instead by DVDPlayer. The use of DSPlayer for streaming sources does come with limitations. Currently, buffering issues, failure to load streams and slow navigation may be experienced with some add-ons. If you find playback or navigation is suffering, it is possible to substitute DVDPlayer as the video player.

The link below contains a copy of playercorefactory.xml, which contains instructions pre-configured to reroute Internet protocols (e.g. streaming content) to be played with DVDPlayer.

If your preference is to use DVDPlayer for video add-ons, move the included playercorefactory.xml from DVDPlayer merits to:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata

DVDPlayer merits: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2LAr9I...sp=sharing

Somehow Live-TV via simple iptv is still played with dsplayer. I think it uses http-protocol though. No idea what's wrong. Other add-ons like YouTube use Dvdplayer with this preconfigured merits-rule.
(2016-02-02, 14:21)dymas Wrote:
(2015-11-22, 22:57)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-11-22, 22:53)greatmanu80 Wrote: I need some help with setting rules in Dvdplayer merits. The itv player add on seems to be using dsplayer for streaming, which crashes. BBC iplayer streams using Dvdplayer so I don't know why itv is not. If I menu click on an itv stream and change the player to Dvdplayer it works great. But when just pressing play it uses dsplayer. I'm using the latest Isengard version of dsplayer. Can I set up a specific video add on to use Dvdplayer? What should I change in the the merits option.

Video Add-ons – Streaming Content

Playback of most http/https streams from video add-ons is possible with DSPlayer using LAV Splitter Source. The odd incompatibility may be encountered where add-on links are loaded instead by DVDPlayer. The use of DSPlayer for streaming sources does come with limitations. Currently, buffering issues, failure to load streams and slow navigation may be experienced with some add-ons. If you find playback or navigation is suffering, it is possible to substitute DVDPlayer as the video player.

The link below contains a copy of playercorefactory.xml, which contains instructions pre-configured to reroute Internet protocols (e.g. streaming content) to be played with DVDPlayer.

If your preference is to use DVDPlayer for video add-ons, move the included playercorefactory.xml from DVDPlayer merits to:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata

DVDPlayer merits: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2LAr9I...sp=sharing

Somehow Live-TV via simple iptv is still played with dsplayer. I think it uses http-protocol though. No idea what's wrong. Other add-ons like YouTube use Dvdplayer with this preconfigured merits-rule.

Live TV protocols are not included in this file. Try adding rtsp to the protocols field.
Adding "m3u8" did the trick. Thanks!
Is there a list of DSPlayer supported file types? Seem to have a decent amount of content not triggering the DSP.
My particular issue is AVC1 files not triggering the DSPlayer. I'm sure there's a simple fix....which I simply have failed to stumble upon. Any assistance would be much appreciated.
(2016-02-04, 05:42)maddiesdad15 Wrote: My particular issue is AVC1 files not triggering the DSPlayer. I'm sure there's a simple fix....which I simply have failed to stumble upon. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

I didn't address this in your PM.

You could try setting your filters to Media rules and Filters configuration and adding that file type to this list already provided.

These are my starter files.

You have to place them in the userdata -> dsplayer folder.

This will require you install external copies of LAV Filters and XySubFilter. Links are found at the end of section 3.

It could be aracnoz simply forgot to include this file type.
(2016-01-22, 21:39)huhn Wrote: "disable calibration" controls for this display doesn't have extra option. "this display is already calibrated" does have option so again i don't know what your calibration settings are i have no clue what setting you are using in the "this display is already calibrated".

so of cause they behaved different depend on what setting you are using in "this display is already calibrated" by default it looks or should looks the same as "disable calibration settings" because the default setting is bt 709.

Huhn, excuse me, I lost the continuation of our discussion, I am sorry, too many threads to be controlled.
my current setting (Calibration) is "this display is Already calibrated" with default settings:
BT.709
Pure Power Curve 2:20

HDR for running and setting "disable calibration" NOT there would be no difference, with "this display is calibrated Already"? at least, that is what I understand
(2016-02-04, 18:30)gotham_x Wrote:
(2016-01-22, 21:39)huhn Wrote: "disable calibration" controls for this display doesn't have extra option. "this display is already calibrated" does have option so again i don't know what your calibration settings are i have no clue what setting you are using in the "this display is already calibrated".

so of cause they behaved different depend on what setting you are using in "this display is already calibrated" by default it looks or should looks the same as "disable calibration settings" because the default setting is bt 709.

Huhn, excuse me, I lost the continuation of our discussion, I am sorry, too many threads to be controlled.
my current setting (Calibration) is "this display is Already calibrated" with default settings:
BT.709
Pure Power Curve 2:20

HDR for running and setting "disable calibration" NOT there would be no difference, with "this display is calibrated Already"? at least, that is what I understand

bt 709 gamma 2.2 or disabled calibration should look the same or what is your problem?
Therefore , bt 709 range 2.2 or disabled calibration , for HDR is indifferent ?
no problem, only understand ...
Added the starter files and downloaded the external filters, but DSPLayer will not activate with MediaRules/FilerConfig selected. Plays fine with Internal Filters and DirectShow merits

Debug.log

The assistance is very much appreciated.

(2016-02-04, 05:58)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-02-04, 05:42)maddiesdad15 Wrote: My particular issue is AVC1 files not triggering the DSPlayer. I'm sure there's a simple fix....which I simply have failed to stumble upon. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

You could try setting your filters to Media rules and Filters configuration and adding that file type to this list already provided.

This will require you install external copies of LAV Filters and XySubFilter. Links are found at the end of section 3.

(2016-02-05, 05:34)maddiesdad15 Wrote: Added the starter files and downloaded the external filters, but DSPLayer will not activate with MediaRules/FilerConfig selected. Plays fine with Internal Filters and DirectShow merits

Debug.log

(2016-02-04, 05:58)Warner306 Wrote:

Did you check your Media rules to make certain the dsplayer files are installed? You should see a rule in there somewhere.

I'm not good at reading logs, but it looks like things failed at LAV Filters. You need LAV 32-bit.

Also, the file :The.Lost.Capone.1990.m3u8 has a file extension not included in the list of media rules.

I would suggest setting up a playercorefactory.xml for MPC-HC and playing your VC1 files with MPC-HC. You would still get the use of madVR. There is an entire guide dedicated to getting this working. I suspect you'll never get those files to work.
Interesting thing on the "Lost Capone" piece, that's not the file I'm attempting to play. Just keeps showing up in the log. Will do some more research/tinkering. Thanks again for the assistance.

(2016-02-05, 22:30)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-02-05, 05:34)maddiesdad15 Wrote: Added the starter files and downloaded the external filters, but DSPLayer will not activate with MediaRules/FilerConfig selected. Plays fine with Internal Filters and DirectShow merits

Debug.log

(2016-02-04, 05:58)Warner306 Wrote: I didn't address this in your PM.

Did you check your Media rules to make certain the dsplayer files are installed? You should see a rule in there somewhere.

I'm not good at reading logs, but it looks like things failed at LAV Filters. You need LAV 32-bit.

Also, the file :The.Lost.Capone.1990.m3u8 has a file extension not included in the list of media rules.

I would suggest setting up a playercorefactory.xml for MPC-HC and playing your VC1 files with MPC-HC. You would still get the use of madVR. There is an entire guide dedicated to getting this working. I suspect you'll never get those files to work.
@Warner306 - (or anyone else)

I noticed sanear in your list of "other" links at the end of the how-to. I was wondering if you have any thoughts on sanear vs. Reclock. I can't seem to find much info on sanear or its features - presumably because it's a pretty new project.

I'm asking because even though I've liked the results of using Reclock (I've got an Nvidia card, so don't get an exact 23.976), I've run into a bit of snag with it. I was successful in getting real HDMI 3D playback of 3D-MVC content via madVR (pretty excited about this). Unfortunately there's apparently differences in timings between 2D and 3D modes which then causes Reclock to lose its mind. It corrupts Reclock's cached timings. I found I had to either reset the cache via the Reclock settings advanced tab or delete the timings from the registry. This has to be done each time when going between 2D and 3D playback. This also causes an extended wait for playback start each time as Reclock has to re-do timing calculation.

After figuring this out, I did some searching and found that others have run into the same thing - and that the corrupt timings issue seems to go back quite a ways but hasn't apparently been addressed.

I don't see the issue at all with sanear of course.
Hi,

I have this configuration:
Motherboard: ZOTAC Z68ITX-A-E LGA 1155 Intel Z68
Processor: Intel Core i3-2100 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz LGA 1155 65W
Memory: Kingston ValueRAM 4GB (2 x 2GB)
Graphics card is the one included w/ motherboard (HD 2000 I think)

More details here: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-th...build.html

I configured Kodi w/ madVR and it's playing ok h.264 1080p sources (movies).
I created a 3dlut with a colorimeter and Argyll/Dispcal.
The moment I load this 3dlut in madVR the player begins to drop lots of frames.

Is there any optimization I can make to solve this?
Funny thing is that in Task Manager the CPU load is around 35%.Visually I see that it drops more often when there is lots of movements or many small details. When something is static it drops much less or sometimes can play without droping for a small period of time.

System is Windows 10, installed today, all drivers updated, Kodi and madVR latest versions. Filters are unotuched.
The only thing I modified was to make DSPlayer to load the current active profile in madVR and load a 3DLUT in madVR

Than you very much,
Cristian
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR7