• 85(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
(2016-02-06, 22:43)fritsch Wrote: @ The guy with the oodroid - could you please check with a "normal" nightly? To see if it stills works?

Thanks much.

Yes. No problems Smile

As soon as the next nightly will be out I will report back.
@hdmkv
yes, use that one Smile

@fritsch
soon (it's Sunday 7.30am, I cannot run tests now lol or someone will stab me in the back) I will try the one you sent me by email Wink
I'm an early-bird, I cannot remember once in my life when I woke up later than 7am...
(2016-02-07, 02:17)runnerway Wrote:
(2016-02-06, 22:43)fritsch Wrote: @ The guy with the oodroid - could you please check with a "normal" nightly? To see if it stills works?

Thanks much.

Yes. No problems Smile

As soon as the next nightly will be out I will report back.

The nightly does not have any issues, cause here Passthrough is sent via PCM. The problem arrises when we try to use the AMLogic formats directly. Here is a build for you: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk <- this plays DTS / AC3 via PCM and DTS-HD / TrueHD via the AMLogic encoding.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-02-07, 08:34)ChristianTroy Wrote: @hdmkv
yes, use that one Smile

@fritsch
soon (it's Sunday 7.30am, I cannot run tests now lol or someone will stab me in the back) I will try the one you sent me by email Wink
I'm an early-bird, I cannot remember once in my life when I woke up later than 7am...

Also early bird here :-) You can test the very same build I just linked above. DTS/AC3 will be PCMed ... as I did not find a away to distinguish the machines from each other.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I have just run a test using the build you sent me by email, TrueHD was listed but playing any TrueHD track (6 or 8 channels) did not do anything, not event the light on the AVR, DTS-HD MA like yesterday, turns on the light but no output. AC3 plays fine.

https://mega.nz/#!UpwSjQ4D!P5JWGSUaXPmYS...bq-UZX5BZY
(2016-02-07, 09:02)fritsch Wrote: The nightly does not have any issues, cause here Passthrough is sent via PCM. The problem arrises when we try to use the AMLogic formats directly. Here is a build for you: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk <- this plays DTS / AC3 via PCM and DTS-HD / TrueHD via the AMLogic encoding.

Tested and i can say now passthrough of simple DD works as before. Thank you Smile

Here is a log if you need:
- http://tempsend.com/C1C19A32AD

By the way this build still have the same problem with the little noise (bzzzz) for 1 sec as soon as the video start as with the nightly. (Only with passthrough ON)
The interesting thing is: this is the same problem (and exactly the same noise) i have on another board with an Allwinner CPU. (ya, i see that as soon as i said "Allwinner" a lot of people closed their browser..)

All this to say i'm not sure this is an Amlogic only problem. Maybe it's a more general problem of Kodi on Android. But the last interesting thing of this chain is:
I have exactly the same problem with the same noise when i enable passthrough on the Allwinner board using OpenELEC. So, maybe it's a more general problem of Kodi with passthrough on more platforms.

The last detail i can add is that this noise was present even in the build with Amlogic encoding. (I heard the noise and then only silence)
@fritsch Do you have any idea for this? Smile

(Sorry. I've gone a bit off topic but i needed to report all this situation about passtrough for completeness. Maybe i will start another thread later)
On startup we send IEC pause frames - nice in spec - so it makes me wonder. On older versions we just sent zero, which is out of spec. Do you have the "Keep Audio alive" option enabled? Does changing it change something?
(2016-02-07, 10:34)ChristianTroy Wrote: I have just run a test using the build you sent me by email, TrueHD was listed but playing any TrueHD track (6 or 8 channels) did not do anything, not event the light on the AVR, DTS-HD MA like yesterday, turns on the light but no output. AC3 plays fine.

https://mega.nz/#!UpwSjQ4D!P5JWGSUaXPmYS...bq-UZX5BZY

It's something to look onto it with Koying. Btw. DTS / AC3 still works for you. From the code it is an evil ugly hack that is done there anyways, I really wonder that this works "so well" - from the code it is pushing DTS-HD / TrueHD via 2 channels and 192 khz, while telling the Audio Engine to push in 8 channels / 192 khz. A standard that is not - I am quite sure.

I also don't know the details about it - I just adapted the code. What is the reason to open the AML device with 2 channels only?
The next build will remove that hack and send the data via 16NE / 8 channels / 192 khz ... but I doubt that the sink will be able to open, but we will see.
I don't know why but as for instructions about amlogic they need to open the device as stereo... but don't you worry it can be done in AudioTrack code
(2016-02-07, 17:10)ChristianTroy Wrote: I don't know why but as for instructions about amlogic they need to open the device as stereo... but don't you worry it can be done in AudioTrack code

Well that sounds like a hack to me.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-02-07, 17:10)ChristianTroy Wrote: I don't know why but as for instructions about amlogic they need to open the device as stereo... but don't you worry it can be done in AudioTrack code

Opening 8 channels 16NE format in 192 khz failed. I keep the branch as is now - until someone likes to pick it up. I am no friend of hackery I must admit - cause one day it pushes you in the back.
Here is another testbuild that worked fine for koying: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...mirrorlist

On my AVR I don't have luck though.
TrueHD and DTS-HD - and also AC3, DTS are working fine. EAC3 seems to need a bit more work. Most likely forcing the sink to 192 khz, too.
Just tested it, I confirm it working with all formats I have tried, here I have no EAC3 to try though. BTW I have tried it on S905, if droidelec wants to try it on S812 today at the office, otherwise I'll do it this afternoon.

Great work guys Smile
Yeah, for clarification, I tested on S905 (NEO U1).
I haven tried on the core.
  • 85(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4