• 36(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
(2016-02-02, 09:50)metal450 Wrote:
(2016-01-28, 20:29)Helly1206 Wrote: Unfortunately that's not possible. The library stores some metadata that kodi uses, like recently played or in progress. If I would like to I have to make a database for those files and a special addon to play and browse. I think it's a better idea to place those files in a library.

I'm a little confused - you'd have to make your own database? Because...Kodi does remember the play status of all those non-library files. So why would another db be necessary?

You don't by chance know of an addon that does something like this?

There are many reasons why not requiring an item to be in the library before such functionality would work is meaningful. For instance:
*Videos that could never be identified by a scraper (i.e. home videos, commercials, random clips downloaded from the internet, one-time TV specials in foreign languages, very old archival footage, etc). This is the biggest reason.
*Videos that shouldn't be added to the library (i.e. a movie on the local system, vs on the shared location referenced by shared MySQL library)
*Videos the user simply doesn't want added to the library (for privacy reasons)

:/

I know that people would rather not wanting to have some videos added to the library for whatever reason. However, that's not something a skin can handle.

You might try if the missing movie scanner does what you want...

118263 (thread)

Helly.
(2016-02-05, 01:37)war59312 Wrote:
(2016-01-28, 20:26)Helly1206 Wrote:
(2016-01-28, 01:52)war59312 Wrote: Speaking of backgrounds. The setting to enable a different image for each screen more often than not does not work correctly.

That is, the same back image that is used for "Files" shows for "Movies" and "TV Shows". Seems like random or if I let it sit on Movies or TV Shows long enough the background will show up.

But exit of Kodi either the background is back to the "Files" background or changed. Seems random.

Just expected to never see the same background on all 3 since the setting says use a different background for each section.

Can you maybe explain in some more detail. I cannot reproduce this issue (or I don't understand correctly). Did you select the correct type in Skin settings - home menu - background type ?

Helly.
Hey,

OK.. Will try.. Thanks.

1.) Skin Settings > General > Global Skin Option > "Enable single bloabl background" is Unchecked

2.) Skin Settings > General > Global Skin Option > "Enable background playuing media" is Checked

3.) Skin Settings > Background Artwork > Each "Background path" is Set to "Default"

4.) Skin Settings > Background Artwork > "Multi-image background time per image" is Set to "Skin default"

5.) Skin Settings > Home menu Items > "Menu item 6 (Movies) and Menu item 7 (TV Shows" > "Background type:" is Set to "Random fanArt"

So with those settings set, Random fanArt should be displayed as background image for Movies and TV Shows.

But more often then not, just the default background image (red curtain) is shown as the background.

If I exit Kodi and open back up, perhaps a good 50% of the time a new random fanArt is correctly displayed as the background image once again for both Movies and TV Shows.

Sometimes it is one or the other that gets the correct fanArt as a background image.

Also, if I set Skin Settings > Home menu Items > "Menu item 6 (Movies) and Menu item 7 (TV Shows" > "Background type:" is Set to "Live content"...

The "live content" background image seems to always display correctly. As does "User select". So it seems it's just "Random fanArt" that is broken.

Thanks again,

Will

Hi,

Thanks for your explanation. However I tried a lot of thing and still cannot reproduce it. For me "Random Fanart" works correctly. I checked the code and it seems ok to me.

It might have something to do with a timeout obtaining the images. Can you check the logfile? Maybe the logfile gives a clue on this issue.

Helly.
(2016-02-09, 06:58)gjwAudio Wrote: A suspicious clue...
Code:
23:23:33 134.224594 T:139845501925440   ERROR: unable to load:/storage/.kodi/addons/skin.xonfluence-Krypton/720p/DialogNotification.xml, Line 0
                                           Failed to open file

I forgot to add some files. Try it now.
(2016-02-05, 01:45)war59312 Wrote: Hey,

Also...

Would be great to be able to customize:

Skin Settings > General > > Home screen options > "Enable home stats bar"

Would love to be able to hide "Music videos: 0" from "Videos" since I have none.

How about hide it automatically if user has none. No sense on displaying a useless stat.

And hide "Drive: Unavailable" from "Programs" and "System" since there is no drive. Since Kodi is running on my Shield.

Same thing, should be hidden by default since no drive is detected. Again, pointless msg other wise.

Thanks,

Will

Done in the next release.

Helly.
(2016-02-07, 19:14)Hanney72 Wrote: Hi Helly

Great skin with many customisation possibilities!

A quick question please. Ever since I upgraded to Jarvis (now on RC3), the intro video delays, stutters and does not play at all at times.

I even tried to replace the default one with other mp4 videos and have the proper scripts enabled in the skin settings!

Any words of wisdom please?

Thanks
Hanney

It may have something to do with framerate issues (see post #522). I cannot help as it is not skin related.

Helly.
(2016-02-09, 06:58)gjwAudio Wrote:
(2016-02-08, 23:08)Uukrul Wrote: I updated Xonfluence for Krypton and it should work (I've been using it for a couple of weeks with the latest Krypton master without problems). Get it here.

@Uukrul

I'll refrain from writing AWESOME in 60 pt. BOLD... but that's how I feel aout your Good News !

Thank you so much for doing this (ie: Krypton-friendly build), and for saving me from choosing between which child to save, and which to throw under the bus Tongue

I'm so pumped that Xonfluence will continue to be The Face of Kodi around here. Damn fine work, indeed Nod

...er, BUT...

I cannot coax the thing to install and show up for me on my NUC Sad

I've:
  • deleted existing Jarvis-Xonfluence (and returned to stock Confluence)
  • updated OpenELEC to Milhouse 0207b
  • installed Krypton-Xonfluence from your github link
  • attempted switching to "Xonfluence" skin, as identified in the usual Settings dialogue (...repeatedly)
...and the only consistent thing about it is, it DOES NOT display the popup asking if I want to keep the skin change Confused

For what it's worth, here is a LOG of me trying to make the skin switch.

A suspicious clue...
Code:
23:23:33 134.224594 T:139845501925440   ERROR: unable to load:/storage/.kodi/addons/skin.xonfluence-Krypton/720p/DialogNotification.xml, Line 0
                                           Failed to open file

So then, what's the difference - if any - between the Kryptons you and I are running ? OS maybe ?

I look forward to pointers and (hopefully) a solution.
Thanks.

Hi,

It seems that DialogNotication.xml doesn't exist in the repo from Uukrul.

Krypton has quite some api changes which require more changes to the skin. I haven't started developing for Krypton yet. I want to concentrate on Jarvis for the next time, before updating to Krypton. Anyhow Uukrul, thanks for your work. I hope people can be helped with your version until I will start working on Krypton.

Helly.
(2016-02-08, 09:41)gjwAudio Wrote: Regarding the video OSD buttons... next time around, you may want to slide the Subtitles popup balloon to the left, so it aligns directly over the Subtitles button Wink

Fixed in the next release
(2016-02-09, 07:37)gjwAudio Wrote: Hi Helly

Before I blew up my system with the skin shenanigans noted above, I noticed some irregularities with how Xonfluence was/ or was not displaying the "E" icon related to VideoExtras.

In my library I have two versions of The Hobbit (one being a 3D version). The 3D version has no EXTRAS within the main folder. The other NON-3D version does have an EXTRAS folder inside the main folder.

Copy #1 - 3D icon, next to Aspect Ratio:

Copy #2 - EXTRAS icon, next to Aspect Ratio (and in the same slot as "3D" occupied):

Notice there is no disc-type associated with either Hobbit copy, and the place for that icon is blank. This is correct, since the source files have no disc-type indicator in their filenames.

As a test, I added a temporary EXTRAS folder to Copy #1 - to see what happens when both icons should be displayed. Here is the EXTRAS list, showing the random video file used to populate the test folder:

Unfortunately when both icons should appear, there's a conflict between "3D" and "E" being displayed, and "3D" wins.

This is not a show-stopper, but I thought you'd like to know about the funky behaviour. Maybe there's a way to keep all the icons happy Huh Is there room to drop the "E" into a dedicated slot ?

Thanks again Helly, for your dedication to the project !

Uh, I'm a little confused. Which view are you using? It looks like a modded version of Media Info 3 (but probably only the textures are modded).

However I saw that the width of the flagging bar was too small for episodes in Media Info 3. I made it wider, so your issue is probably solved in the next release.

Helly.
Version 3.2.3 is released

Enjoy ...

Helly

- Fixed MusicOSD recording bug (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258799)
- Updated with latest confluence jarvis changes (Added RDS info)
- Added user button texture for OSD
- Fixed alignment of subtitles submenu on video OSD #521
- Added transparency to home floor #519
- Fixed content panel bug on PVR windows
- Fixed too short flagging panel in Media Info 3 view #525
- Removed 0 stats in videos and drive if unavailable #513
@Helly1206 I am on Kodi 15.2 and saw that xonfluence was trying to update but then i got a message "Addon incompatible, Dependanciesnot met" any idea why i would get this. Thanks in advanced.
(2016-01-11, 08:23)Helly1206 Wrote:
(2016-01-11, 05:04)wongnog Wrote:
(2016-01-10, 09:35)Helly1206 Wrote: You first issue is fixed from version 3.2.0 on.

The second one is also fixed version v 3.2.0. The focused color is white as the unfocused color is still grey.
Hey Helly, bit confused how to update this skin. I installed from the zip file in the first post which adds HellyRepo, but only 3.1.6 is available. I then downloaded the master zip file from your GitHub link, but get the error message "Dependencies not met". Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

And as for my second point, if unfocused is still grey then there would be no change to how my screenshot looks (everything is unfocused when you are just on the Programs menu). Perhaps you could add shadows to the font like you have for Unfinished Movies and Suggested Episode (for TV Shows)?

3.1.6 is for Isengard, 3.2.0 and higher is for Jarvis. So if you are using Isengard I can imagine you get the 'dependencies not met'message when using 3.2.0. If you use the repo, always the correct version is installed. I know your first question is not fixed on 3.1.6 because I do not update this version anymore.

About your second question, I like to distinct between focues and unfocused, so I don't want to change the unfocused color. However your remark about shadow may be a good idea. I'm going to have a look at this.

Thanks,
Helly.

I've read this post and i am using your repo version 0.2.1 in which you state that the correct version should be installed if using the repo. is this correct or am i doing something wrong. Thanks.
(2016-02-09, 17:53)madeira83 Wrote: @Helly1206 I am on Kodi 15.2 and saw that xonfluence was trying to update but then i got a message "Addon incompatible, Dependanciesnot met" any idea why i would get this. Thanks in advanced.

Indeed, there seems to be a problem with the repo deciding the proper version. I just checked for updates and got the same message. It is trying to give me 3.2.2 and I'm using Kodi 15.2.

watch gallery
(2016-02-09, 19:04)flhthemi Wrote: Indeed, there seems to be a problem with the repo deciding the proper version. I just checked for updates and got the same message. It is trying to give me 3.2.2 and I'm using Kodi 15.2.

Came here for this exact reason. I'm on 15.2 and it's attempting to update me to 3.2.2 and saying "dependencies not met."
(2016-02-09, 15:38)Helly1206 Wrote:
(2016-02-09, 07:37)gjwAudio Wrote: --- 8< --------------
Before I blew up my system with the skin shenanigans noted above, I noticed some irregularities with how Xonfluence was/ or was not displaying the "E" icon related to VideoExtras.
----------- 8< ------
Is there room to drop the "E" into a dedicated slot ?

Uh, I'm a little confused. Which view are you using? It looks like a modded version of Media Info 3 (but probably only the textures are modded).

Hi Helly (thanks for the quick response !)

The view in the screenshots is Media Info 3... no modding as far as I know - except by your hands (ie: Confluence > CCM > Xonfluence).

Somewhere in the back of my brain I recall you - or was it Mudislander ? - integrated the Confluence Revamp'ed themes (extended and improved) from un1versal into Xonfluence. Have I been dreaming ?

This would be the only difference I could account for, if you see unfamiliar textures. But to be honest, I don't think I've enabled any specific theme in Xonfluence. Curious Huh.

(2016-02-09, 15:38)Helly1206 Wrote: However I saw that the width of the flagging bar was too small for episodes in Media Info 3. I made it wider, so your issue is probably solved in the next release.

Do you mean in TV episodes ? Those screenshots were from the Movies node of the library.

Another VideoExtras "E" icon question: Is the "E" supposed to display in the Movie Information panel ?

(FYI: still running v3.2.2 Xonfluence here) This film has an EXTRAS folder, and is properly indicated in the Media Info 3 view:

But looking at the Movie Info display, "E" icon is missing.

Can the VideoExtras icon be easily added ? And... will this be another example of the "3D" and "E" icons fighting for the same slot ?

Thanks again Helly for your attention to all the details !
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
(2016-02-09, 20:53)bigpoppapaul Wrote:
(2016-02-09, 19:04)flhthemi Wrote: Indeed, there seems to be a problem with the repo deciding the proper version. I just checked for updates and got the same message. It is trying to give me 3.2.2 and I'm using Kodi 15.2.

Came here for this exact reason. I'm on 15.2 and it's attempting to update me to 3.2.2 and saying "dependencies not met."

Sorry, made a small mistake in the repo for isengard. Referred to the wrong version.

Should be fixed now.

Sorry again.

Helly.
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13