• 187(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2016-02-09, 22:10)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-02-09, 13:01)tingtong5 Wrote:
(2016-02-09, 12:55)Bjur Wrote: Can anyone please tell why I can't use the current madVR settings I have when upgrading from 15.2 to 16? I get lots of framedrops. What is changed and will it be normal again in final release. I don't want to upgrade graphic card just for updating Kodi and wants to keep my current settings.
I guess we are experiencing the same issue here: GPU load going up after upgrading to kodi 16. I have disabled hardware video decoding in kodi as a workaround, thus increasing cpu load of course.

You might want to try using external filters and install a copy of LAV Filters and XySubFilter. The GPU load would be a problem with LAV Filters, not DSPlayer. LAV Video, in particular, is responsible for this.

Although basically the same, it is possible for software decoding to be a better choice if you have a newer CPU because it is less likely to make any errors. But that doesn't fix your problem. It is just a statement that you don't have to give up on DSPlayer over H.264 hardware decoding issues.

Hi Warner. Thanks for the response. Why would I try to run external filters, when the internal LAV filters should provide the same results?
And when I decide again to upgrade to newest RC 3 now, I should also upgrade madVR to newest of course, and why should that not work the same as 15.2? You say it's LAV filter that causing issue but the settings are the same if I just upgrade, so my guess is that madVR has introduces some default settings to raise GPU requirements or?

Sorry I'm guessing and don't know where to look.
I have I3-2100 cpu, but that shouldn't do anything better if I choose software instead?
(2016-02-10, 11:15)Bjur Wrote:
(2016-02-09, 22:10)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-02-09, 13:01)tingtong5 Wrote: I guess we are experiencing the same issue here: GPU load going up after upgrading to kodi 16. I have disabled hardware video decoding in kodi as a workaround, thus increasing cpu load of course.

You might want to try using external filters and install a copy of LAV Filters and XySubFilter. The GPU load would be a problem with LAV Filters, not DSPlayer. LAV Video, in particular, is responsible for this.

Although basically the same, it is possible for software decoding to be a better choice if you have a newer CPU because it is less likely to make any errors. But that doesn't fix your problem. It is just a statement that you don't have to give up on DSPlayer over H.264 hardware decoding issues.

Hi Warner. Thanks for the response. Why would I try to run external filters, when the internal LAV filters should provide the same results?
And when I decide again to upgrade to newest RC 3 now, I should also upgrade madVR to newest of course, and why should that not work the same as 15.2? You say it's LAV filter that causing issue but the settings are the same if I just upgrade, so my guess is that madVR has introduces some default settings to raise GPU requirements or?

I have I3-2100 cpu, but that shouldn't do anything better if I choose software instead?

If you have enough CPU load to spares , software decoding is best way to go. You'll get rid of some dxva decoding artifact which occurs on some weird encoded files. I encountered most of these artifacts on Intel though while has much lesser problem with NVidia. HW decoding save CPU loads but did not provide better quality picture so on most modern machine which is not atom or similar low powered CPU. Disabled hw decoding is safe choice.

Most of MadVR task run on GPU which is different load. So be sure to check if high load is CPU load or GPU load. But so called Higher CPU load shouldn't affect playback at all unless it closes to 100% which would causes frames drops. Yes it might lead to more noises to due more heat and increased fan speed. But I doubt it would be that much higher cpu load on i3 machine , extra 10-20% increased CPU loads is usually considered little on overall impact. Pushing madvr settings would get much more heat & noise from your GPU card / fans than push up your cpu anyway.

Also if you decide to upgrade madvr be sure to try reset & reconfigure madvr settings. Because between time of Kodi 15 DSPlayer to latest dsplayer madvr is the most changed component. DSPlayer code hasn't changed much or at all since aracnoz left. All Wanilton did was to keep DSPlayer part compiled with latest Kodi base. He did update internal lavfilters a bit and change few codes to let it compiled successfully. But in term of DSPlayer codebase nothing really changes. So I think it's better to check if your old madvr settings is the cause. It's better to did new madvr settings anyway since a lot has changed.
@ oldpoem
How can i reset the previous MadVr settings?
Thanks
(2016-02-10, 12:16)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote: @ oldpoem
How can i reset the previous MadVr settings?
Thanks

Run "restore default-settings.bat" in madvr folder. Maybe with administation right.
@ oldpoem
Thanks
Instead, to make a settings backup, there are three files in the directory madVR.
Which of these for backup Settings?

Settings.bin
mvrSettings32.ddl
mvrSettings64.ddl

I presume Settings.bin , but I'm not entirely sure
(2016-02-10, 13:10)gotham_x Wrote: Instead, to make a settings backup, there are three files in the directory madVR.
Which of these for backup Settings?

Settings.bin
mvrSettings32.ddl
mvrSettings64.ddl

I presume Settings.bin , but I'm not entirely sure

Settings.bin
Thank you for confirming this.
Riding the 3D wave is increasingly difficult as it seems ...

http://english.etnews.com/20160205200002

For madVR and his Madshi developer, 3D, development ,support and time wasted ...?

Yet it seemed the future of TV
(2016-02-10, 12:00)oldpoem Wrote:
(2016-02-10, 11:15)Bjur Wrote:
(2016-02-09, 22:10)Warner306 Wrote: You might want to try using external filters and install a copy of LAV Filters and XySubFilter. The GPU load would be a problem with LAV Filters, not DSPlayer. LAV Video, in particular, is responsible for this.

If you have enough CPU load to spares , software decoding is best way to go. You'll get rid of some dxva decoding artifact which occurs on some weird encoded files. I encountered most of these artifacts on Intel though while has much lesser problem with NVidia. HW decoding save CPU loads but did not provide better quality picture so on most modern machine which is not atom or similar low powered CPU. Disabled hw decoding is safe choice.

Most of MadVR task run on GPU which is different load. So be sure to check if high load is CPU load or GPU load. But so called Higher CPU load shouldn't affect playback at all unless it closes to 100% which would causes frames drops. Yes it might lead to more noises to due more heat and increased fan speed. But I doubt it would be that much higher cpu load on i3 machine , extra 10-20% increased CPU loads is usually considered little on overall impact. Pushing madvr settings would get much more heat & noise from your GPU card / fans than push up your cpu anyway.

Also if you decide to upgrade madvr be sure to try reset & reconfigure madvr settings. Because between time of Kodi 15 DSPlayer to latest dsplayer madvr is the most changed component. DSPlayer code hasn't changed much or at all since aracnoz left. All Wanilton did was to keep DSPlayer part compiled with latest Kodi base. He did update internal lavfilters a bit and change few codes to let it compiled successfully. But in term of DSPlayer codebase nothing really changes. So I think it's better to check if your old madvr settings is the cause. It's better to did new madvr settings anyway since a lot has changed.

Thanks for the very elaborating answer OldpoemSmile
Regarding the software decoding, it that something you choose in Video settings in Kodi or is it in LAVFilter?
I think I read somewhere DSPlayer doesn't use Kodi menu settings.

Oh and 1 more question!
I have my settings.bin from when it was working fine. If I reset to default and overwrite settings.bin would that be okay or should I manually input the settings?
I'm guessing the reg key is newer than the settings.bin, so I'm afraid if I just put settings.bin in folder it would be overwritten be default regkey.
(2016-02-10, 15:50)Bjur Wrote:
(2016-02-10, 12:00)oldpoem Wrote:
(2016-02-10, 11:15)Bjur Wrote: Hi Warner. Thanks for the response. Why would I try to run external filters, when the internal LAV filters should provide the same results?

Thanks for the very elaborating answer OldpoemSmile
Regarding the software decoding, it that something you choose in Video settings in Kodi or is it in LAVFilter?
I think I read somewhere DSPlayer doesn't use Kodi menu settings.

Oh and 1 more question!
I have my settings.bin from when it was working fine. If I reset to default and overwrite settings.bin would that be okay or should I manually input the settings?
I'm guessing the reg key is newer than the settings.bin, so I'm afraid if I just put settings.bin in folder it would be overwritten be default regkey.

Video settings in Kodi refer to dvdplayer only. While DSPlayer (if) using LAVFilter which you can manually settings outside DSPlayer or can use gui setting in DSFilter list to set as well.

I personally don't use settings.bin now so not sure about that. It's recommend to manually config madvr again if your settings is too old. Just few minutes.
(2016-02-10, 01:01)rggomez Wrote:
(2015-04-28, 02:13)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-04-28, 00:46)weirdinin Wrote: I'm not sure what you are trying to point out. That I do when I import media but how is that relevant to my issue Huh

Thank you for the hint. I'm quite sure I tried that without luck. I already uninstalled dsplayer version of kodi and installed official package again. Maybe I try that again when I have more time.

I got cinema experience work quite nice by defining rules so that dvdplayer plays all but main movie. Only problem is that refresh rate is not changed back after main movie ends.
I like so much the quality of madvr that there's no returning back to dvdplayer... so disabling dsplayer is not a way for me to go. I would rather go back to external player than using dvdplayer.
I'll try different settings later when I have more time to tinker. Perhaps by trial and error I'll get this work. I'll report here if that happens. Suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your help.

Edit: I made a mistake earlier. Cinema Experience is working fine with the correct version. No special rules are needed. I provided a copy of 4.0.13 in Other Resources.

Hello Warner306, weirdinin,

Can you please explain how you manage to get Cinema experience to work with DsPlayer? I only can play one intro video and when the movie should starts, it crashes and say there is nothing on the playlist!! if I put DVDplayer as default player, everything works as a charm...

thanks

I was able to get CinemaVision to work, which is the successor to Cinema Experience. You can't play any trailers from iTunes, however. That is the one limitation I am aware of.
Warner306 is this the addon that plays trailers and such like before a movie? What is the function of this in the real world; just curious?

PS. your MadVR posts elsewhere are VERY informative and helped 2 friends convert to it tonight so thanks for your time putting those together.
You can read about it here: 231881 (thread). I don't really use it anymore, but it is pretty cool.
(2016-02-10, 14:45)gotham_x Wrote: Riding the 3D wave is increasingly difficult as it seems ...

http://english.etnews.com/20160205200002

For madVR and his Madshi developer, 3D, development ,support and time wasted ...?

Yet it seemed the future of TV

It is not surprising. The technology is confusing and the only good content is on Blu-ray.

I think madVR wanted to be feature-complete, so 3D was added. It may return on UHD Blu-ray, who knows. Several new movies still have 3D versions, so there is a fairly large catalogue.
  • 187(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47