• 38(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
Thanks for your quick response Helly.
I am sorry but I couldn't get it on how to use the skin setting converter mate. I'm using a Mac and not to sure on how to run/install the python SkinSettingsConverter first.

I have copied the guisettings.xml to a safe location and upgrade to kodi Jarvis but what exactly do I do now?
Any chance to get screen shots with the next steps to follow, please?
I would really appreciate it mate.

Thanks for your time and consideration Helly.
(2016-02-09, 22:37)Helly1206 Wrote: Sorry, made a small mistake in the repo for isengard. Referred to the wrong version.

Should be fixed now.

Sorry again.

Helly.

Thank you for letting us know, and thank you for your work on this. CCM was my favourite and I was not looking forward to letting it go as Kodi moved forward, with your work on Xonfluence, I don't need to. Smile
(2016-02-11, 02:51)CellarDoorTV Wrote: Thanks for your quick response Helly.
I am sorry but I couldn't get it on how to use the skin setting converter mate. I'm using a Mac and not to sure on how to run/install the python SkinSettingsConverter first.

I have copied the guisettings.xml to a safe location and upgrade to kodi Jarvis but what exactly do I do now?
Any chance to get screen shots with the next steps to follow, please?
I would really appreciate it mate.

Thanks for your time and consideration Helly.

Hi,

I've made a few screenshots, but it shouldn't be that hard. I'm running linux instead of a Mac, but the behavior should be the same.

I copied guisettings.xml and SkinSettingsConverter to a safe location.

Then I opened a terminal and went to that location.
Afterwards I ran the following command (In linux you may omit python in front of the command. I don't know for Mac):

Options:
-s skin.xonfluence (the name of the skin, should also work for other skins, defaults to skin.xonfluence if omitted)
-g ./guisettings.xml (location of guisettings.xml (./ is this folder), defaults to the guisettings location in the kodi folder)
-d ./settings.xml (location to store settings.xml (./ is this folder), defaults to the addon folder, but will delete the current settings.xml without warning. That happened to me while testing the script)

After pressing enter, you see dots for all settings that are converted.

When you browse your folder contents, you see the settings.xml file appeared.

I would make a backup of the default settings.xml file that is located in
[kodifolder]/userdata/addon_Data/skin.xonfluence/settings.xml
[kodifolder] is your default kodifolder (e.g. /home/[username]/.kodi for linux and /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Kodi/ for Mac)

Copy your settings.xml to this location and start kodi. Your settings should now be copied to the Jarvis Xonfluence skin. Of course you need to setup new functionality (after 3.1.6) yourself if you like to, but the skin should behave similar to the skin you were using in Isengard.

Hope this helps. If not, please let me know.

Helly.
I finally finished updating the skin to the latest Krypton master branch. I think I got all the updates and my testing tells me there are no obvious errors but I could be wrong. Feel free to use my changes and thanks again for such an awesome skin.
Hi Helly,

Great skin. One thing: when playing an .ifo file (dvd) the right part of the OSD (group of buttons for subtitles - video - audio etc.) is missing.

Gerard
(2016-02-10, 18:54)Helly1206 Wrote: You can try to use this tool for upgrading your skinsettings:
https://github.com/Helly1206/SkinSettingsConverter

Helly.

Oh Maaaaan ! - where was this when I needed it ? OE is a nightmare when trying to tinker with system files Confused

Nice tool Helly, and I'm sure many people will benefit from it. How generous of you to make it available.

Q: can it be adapted for use with other skins ? (...not that I'll be jumping the Xonfluence Ship or anything, just curious to know and recommend to others if it's possible)

Thanks for continued development.
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
(2016-02-11, 20:54)Only4me Wrote: Great skin. One thing: when playing an .ifo file (dvd) the right part of the OSD (group of buttons for subtitles - video - audio etc.) is missing.
-- 8< ---------
Gerard

+1.

Yes, noticed that last night too (don't often play from VIDEO_TS.IFO).

EDIT:
Er, I take that back - sorrta...

Just tried a more thorough test (mit MCE GP-IR02BK remote und gefingergepoken) - and Lo and Behold - this is what I get:

...and then a few ">" presses to the right - lokk what's been hiding Rofl

...continuing (">" presses) and the whole right-side-group appears !

Is there anything hidden - in the middle zone - that requires the right-group to be forced off in this manner ? It would be nice to have them all show up at once if possible.

BTW, is there a special meaning to the "X" in the user-assigned button ? Does it change according to the function chosen ?

Thanks.
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
(2016-02-11, 20:38)Uukrul Wrote: I finally finished updating the skin to the latest Krypton master branch. I think I got all the updates and my testing tells me there are no obvious errors but I could be wrong. Feel free to use my changes and thanks again for such an awesome skin.

Hi Uukrul

Q1: are you adding any type of versioning ID to your Krypton builds ? Something that can be easily checked to verify what is actually running on the system.

Q2: where does one look (preferably within the GIU) to see the version info/change log for a skin, when the skin IS NOT installed from a repo ?

In our case (v17 Kodi), X-4-K must be manually updated from a zip file, and I cannot find any screen in the GUI to show me the result of that operation.

BTW, thank you again for the Krypton update(s) Nod
Helly (or anyone else): I have a bit of a noob question, I'm generally good at figuring things out on my own but this time I have to ask. Can you let me know where the RSS Control file is? I want to change the colour of the title and the headlines of the feed. I see HOW i might do it in the Kodi Wiki, I just don't know where the file is located.

Edit: I thought I had it but nope, so any help would be appreciated.
Hi all, please can you point me in right direction? I want to change home menu items to display in uppercase letters, what xml file in 720p folder I need to edit to accomplish this?
Thanks.
(2016-02-11, 23:45)nhsman Wrote: Hi all, please can you point me in right direction? I want to change home menu items to display in uppercase letters, what xml file in 720p folder I need to edit to accomplish this?
Thanks.

Uh-huh... yeah me too. [opinion] Those labels are just so wrong in mixed case ! [/opinion]

It took me quite an effort, since with OpenELEC the guisettings.xml can't be directly edited & saved. You could get to them by renaming each item in the settings GUI, but it was cumbersome to say the least Stare And I think new updates wiped the changes out. Those were in the days though, before Kodi v16.

Now with Jarvis (and above), the skin settings are moved out of guisettings.xml and into the associated skin folder (ie: settings.xml). Much easier to get at and deal with.

If you edit your Xonfluence settings (offline, and make a backup for "safety") you can achieve this quickly and easily.

Here are the relevant lines from my Xonfluence (for Krypton) settings.xml file:

Code:
<setting id="HomeItem.1.Label" type="string">WEATHER</setting>
<setting id="HomeItem.2.Label" type="string">PICTURES</setting>
<setting id="HomeItem.3.Label" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="HomeItem.4.Label" type="string">TV</setting>
<setting id="HomeItem.5.Label" type="string">VIDEOS</setting>
<setting id="HomeItem.6.Label" type="string">MOVIES</setting>
<setting id="HomeItem.7.Label" type="string">TV SHOWS</setting>
<setting id="HomeItem.8.Label" type="string">MUSIC</setting>
<setting id="HomeItem.9.Label" type="string">PROGRAMS</setting>
<setting id="HomeItem.10.Label" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="HomeItem.11.Label" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="HomeItem.12.Label" type="string">SYSTEM</setting>
<setting id="HomeItem.13.Label" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="HomeItem.14.Label" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="HomeItem.15.Label" type="string"></setting>

Obviously, I need to fill up my unused slots with something !

OK, have fun editing. Good Luck !

HTH
Thanks Helly, I will try it and see how I get on mate.
Thanks again for taking the time for making the screen shots. Xonfluence skin is amazing!
Wonderful skin!! Of all the skins I've used, this (& Zeitgeist) are the shizz.

Your work MUCH appreciated!
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
(2016-02-11, 22:09)gjwAudio Wrote: Q1: are you adding any type of versioning ID to your Krypton builds ? Something that can be easily checked to verify what is actually running on the system.

No. You can check the skin you are using on Settings / Appearance:

Quote:Q2: where does one look (preferably within the GIU) to see the version info/change log for a skin, when the skin IS NOT installed from a repo ?

Add-ons / My add-ons

(2016-02-12, 02:15)gjwAudio Wrote:
(2016-02-11, 23:45)nhsman Wrote: Hi all, please can you point me in right direction? I want to change home menu items to display in uppercase letters, what xml file in 720p folder I need to edit to accomplish this?
Thanks.

Uh-huh... yeah me too. [opinion] Those labels are just so wrong in mixed case ! [/opinion]

It took me quite an effort, since with OpenELEC the guisettings.xml can't be directly edited & saved. You could get to them by renaming each item in the settings GUI, but it was cumbersome to say the least Stare And I think new updates wiped the changes out. Those were in the days though, before Kodi v16.

Now with Jarvis (and above), the skin settings are moved out of guisettings.xml and into the associated skin folder (ie: settings.xml). Much easier to get at and deal with.

If you edit your Xonfluence settings (offline, and make a backup for "safety") you can achieve this quickly and easily.

Here are the relevant lines from my Xonfluence (for Krypton) settings.xml file:

Code:
<setting id="HomeItem.1.Label" type="string">WEATHER</setting>
<setting id="HomeItem.2.Label" type="string">PICTURES</setting>
<setting id="HomeItem.3.Label" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="HomeItem.4.Label" type="string">TV</setting>
<setting id="HomeItem.5.Label" type="string">VIDEOS</setting>
<setting id="HomeItem.6.Label" type="string">MOVIES</setting>
<setting id="HomeItem.7.Label" type="string">TV SHOWS</setting>
<setting id="HomeItem.8.Label" type="string">MUSIC</setting>
<setting id="HomeItem.9.Label" type="string">PROGRAMS</setting>
<setting id="HomeItem.10.Label" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="HomeItem.11.Label" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="HomeItem.12.Label" type="string">SYSTEM</setting>
<setting id="HomeItem.13.Label" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="HomeItem.14.Label" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="HomeItem.15.Label" type="string"></setting>

Obviously, I need to fill up my unused slots with something !

OK, have fun editing. Good Luck !

HTH

Thanks gjwAudio. It works.
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13