Folder content not scanning "does not exist"
I've got a new Kodi setup on a PI2/OpenELEC. All scanning is working correctly with the exception of specific subdirectories.
The log error is
Code:
"Process directory '/storage/tv/Star Trek/Next Generation/' does not exist - skipping scan.

All files are exactly the same as all other content in the share which are correctly scanned. I flicked on debug logging and observed the following in the logs. Note that this is localinfo scanning only. Directories are mounted via NFS at the OS level. Logs are only a couple lines so no need to pastebin it.

Code:
WARNING: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for '/storage/tv/Star Trek/'
DEBUG: FindMovie: Searching for 'Star Trek' using Local information only scraper (path: '/usr/share/kodi/addons/metadata.loc
al', content: 'tvshows', version: '1.0.0')
WARNING: No information found for item '/storage/tv/Star Trek/', it won't be added to the library.
DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir /storage/tv/Star Trek/
WARNING: Process directory '/storage/tv/Star Trek/Next Generation/' does not exist - skipping scan.
My guess based on the log output is that because the "Star Trek" directory does not contain an NFO file, no subdirectories are scanned as a result.

Wondering if I've got this right and how to get the scanner to correctly descend into those subdirectories.
You have to create a NFO file for the TV show and for the episodes. If the NFO file for the TV show is missing, Kodi will guess that the show does not exist and it won't search any further. Think of..."Hey...if the show does not exist, why should there be any episode?"

Create a tvshow.nfo and all will work, I guess.

http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/tvshows
I vaguely recall having a similar problem with tv shows years ago - and IIRC (might not!) tv-shows don't scan recursively in the same way as movies.
So content should be set in the level immediately above your show folders IYSWIM.
The scanner is looking for an .nfo in your star trek directory, it won't descend to the next level to look for one.

Reading the above, it might not be very clear.
What should work is:
Content set to 'tv shows' on 'tv' folder.
Then have your show folders directly underneath.
eg tv > star trek next gen > season 1 > s1e1
tv> star trek
tv> star trek voyager
etc.

The alternative is to move your star trek folder out of 'tv' and set content on that separately. Kodi will then scan inside that folder.
Leaving the 'star trek' folder inside 'tv' but setting content separately also might work, but I've never tried it that way.
Yes...correct. Didn't see the additional subfolder.

Even if I use a structure like this: /storage/tv/star trek/the next generation/season 1/S01E01.ext

and set "tv" as the source, "star trek - the original series" is being scraped. if I change the path to:

/storage/tv/star trek - the next generation/season 1/S01E01.ext

the expected show is being scraped.

So my first answer is wrong, sorry
If I had a pound for everything I missed reading a kodi log...
(2016-02-13, 12:49)David1977 Wrote: Yes...correct. Didn't see the additional subfolder.

Even if I use a structure like this: /storage/tv/star trek/the next generation/season 1/S01E01.ext

and set "tv" as the source, "star trek - the original series" is being scraped. if I change the path to:

/storage/tv/star trek - the next generation/season 1/S01E01.ext

the expected show is being scraped.

So my first answer is wrong, sorry

Thanks everyone for the answers. It definitely seems to be subdirectories of subdirectories. I've moved everything out in to top level directories for now which will resolve it for now.

Movies I think seems to do the same thing:
Movies
- Movies A-Z
- James Bond
- Octopussy
- Octopussy.mkv

The scanner won't pick up any James Bond movies either. I only realised after seeing this TV issue as I only have a couple sub-folders like this. Off to explore the bug database!
Movies will happily scan recursively.
I have a folder called Films set to movies.
Inside that I have HD Films > Our Films > James Bond Collection > individual film folders.
Scans no problem.
If they're all in folders and have a valid .nfo - or if they're named correctly (with date) - they should scan.
There's a few dusty corners in my collection where the file names and nfo files might not be right and this could well be one of them.
I've gone to local-only scanning recently, and I have a list of things to correct. I suspect I always will have.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Folder content not scanning "does not exist"0