• 162(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
3D will soon be extinct, Samsung latest 2016 TV range has being released without 3D.
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

The movie theaters stop showing movies in 3D that's when 3D will be extinct.
As for now 3D still lives on!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-02-15, 13:03)couto27 Wrote: 3D will soon be extinct, Samsung latest 2016 TV range has being released without 3D.

Except when you go to Samsung website and filter for 3D models there are more than I can count.
I assume the models shown are current.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
See the article pls
http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?sub...1455263207
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

couto, we know manufacturers & studios are killing 3D, but as movie78 mentioned, there are still 3D movies in theaters, and more coming. Plus, 4K for a while will remain more niche than 3D, and it may suffer the same fate w/o mass adoption. As I mentioned already, I'll keep buying 3D as long as there are 3D Blu-ray releases, and should there be no more one day, I'll have a decent library (already at 235 titles) to enjoy for some time to come.

Here's an interesting read on 3D w/inputs by several studio insiders. Discussion in that thread about 3D's death has been going on nearly 2 years now Smile.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
I have about 70 blurays in 3D, but stop buying it due the poor/ disappointment 3D effects in some movies.

The display and the player also plays a big role in 3D quality and ive tried most of it.

Passive Oled, DLP projectors, and the Epson LCDs, Sony sxrd are amount the best, all the other displays IMHO are dissapointment.

Regarding the media Player after a few side-by-side comparisons between phisical disk and ISO file, i never find a media player that perform at same level has the disk..not even the mede8er.

Here a 3D titles list that was made since 2012 or something.

http://cinemahifi.pt/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=91
http://www.forumhifi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29325

Here's a list of 3D movies coming to theaters in 2016 (only a few A-list looking titles unfortunately). Too bad no 'Avatar' sequels until 2017.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-02-15, 20:45)hdmkv Wrote: Here's a list of 3D movies coming to theaters in 2016 (only a few A-list looking titles unfortunately). Too bad no 'Avatar' sequels until 2017.

2 Marvel movies, SvB, Star Wars, numerous animated films and Ghostbusters yet only a few A-list movies unfortunately?

If the only reason you watch movies in 3D is for things to jump out in your face, you are doing it wrong.

Sadly that entire post is written by someone who again doesn't understand 3D. It's not about having crap slammed into your face. I don't look forward to films "for 3D". I look forward to films for being interesting and entertaining. If they are in 3D then even better, just as if they are in Atmos, in D-Box and/or AVX theaters.

3D isn't dead. It's going STRONG in theaters and will continue to do so. On the home front what is dead is trying to get a premium from consumers who complain about having to wear glasses and take no time to properly set-up their TV's in order to enjoy 3D. If 3D was dead Samsung wouldn't have just spent gobs of money giving Samsung phone owners the chance to try their crappy VR goggles at the NBA All-Star Experience over the weekend. VR is being pushed like crazy, even more-so than quad-copters. All VR is right now is wearing giant goggles with a split screen directly in front of your face. It's 3D. Yes, some of it is immersive and allows you to look around the environment, but it's still the exact same gimmick that 3D movies are.

3D in TV's is "dead" because of the perceived negative stigma attached to it by consumers. The buzz word now is 4K. Ann it doesn't take a very long Google search to see just how much wool is being pulled over consumer's eyes with 4K. Right now Rogers media is LYING to consumers with their claim that 4K is 4 times the resolution of HD. Never mind the 4K TV you bought 2 years ago can't actually handle true 4K content but when the content providers are telling you bold faced lies repeatedly people are going to eat it up and tell you just how awesome that shit sandwich tasted.

4K discs aren't going to tell you that Star Wars is upscaled from the 2K DI. And it's only a few years until 6K or even 8K becomes the next "must have" buzz word. It's all about moving units and 3D doesn't move units anymore. 4K does. Just like ABS and airbags don't sell cars anymore. 4G LTE so your kids can play Plants vs Zombies (over a cell plan, monthly fees apply, and on individual tablets, not included) is what sells cars.
The reason for 3D failing at home is a couple of things

1. Sales of 3d titles have been very low. I have seen blu-ray 3d reports and its not the greatest. I think this is due to the higher 3D price on some blu-rays.

2. Technology side. No matter what tv I look at there is crosstalk/ghosting. While some people don't see it there brain does which leads some users to eye fatigue. Only 3d I have seen that is decent is on a dlp projector.
(2016-02-16, 19:05)aaron.fritz Wrote: The reason for 3D failing at home is a couple of things

1. Sales of 3d titles have been very low. I have seen blu-ray 3d reports and its not the greatest. I think this is due to the higher 3D price on some blu-rays.

2. Technology side. No matter what tv I look at there is crosstalk/ghosting. While some people don't see it there brain does which leads some users to eye fatigue. Only 3d I have seen that is decent is on a dlp projector.

Yes I am using a DLP projector and the Image is amazing smooth without any crosstalk and ghosting. Won't watch any 3D on my 55' Sony TV, too small and with a lot of crosstalk.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

(2016-02-16, 19:05)aaron.fritz Wrote: The reason for 3D failing at home is a couple of things

This is completely on the studios. I've seen and held in my own hands Blu-ray 3D titles with Blu-ray only discs, DVD discs and digital copy codes for $10 or even less. I have held in my hands a disc that plays BOTH 2D and 3D. Yet studios continue to put out 3D only discs, multi-disc packs and want to charge a premium. If EVERY movie released was 3D/2D and the price was no different than what a 2D only movie release was then sales wouldn't be "low" because then ALL sales would be low. 100% on the studios for clogging the marketplace with far too many options and purposely trying to earn extra instead of making it easier for consumers to obtain the format. Just like it's 100% on the studios that DVD is still king of physical media. At least they seem to have seen the light and aren't including DVD coasters in 4K discs for now, even with the even higher premium (and no 3D for 3D films).

(2016-02-16, 19:05)aaron.fritz Wrote: 2. Technology side. No matter what tv I look at there is crosstalk/ghosting. While some people don't see it there brain does which leads some users to eye fatigue. Only 3d I have seen that is decent is on a dlp projector.

100% on the manufactures for rushing 3D to market, telling everyone how great it was and then charging over $100 per pair of active glasses instead of building better technology. 3D was the buzz word, like 4K is now that people wanted to brag about owning.

Every 4K TV has the ability to display full 1080p 3D passively with cheap (or even free) glasses. Every 3D Blu-ray disc has the ability to be played in 2D. These reasons for failing are 100% due to the greed of manufactures and studios. Their reasons for saying sales are low is their own fault. And now they want to push the premium of 4K without the tech being there yet and consumers unwilling to pay more for Blu-ray because they still have the option to buy DVD or stream.
can anyone please point me out to how to obtain a wrapper or whatever it takes to be able to play movies from kodi/himedia Q10?
is there any how to guide that shows how to do this for a noob?
I bought this hardware based on the forum and when I mapped out the drive for SMB, I was unable to play movies, it was setting there displaying progress circle with wrapper title.

I was also unable to see dolby true-hd when I enabled audio passthru.

please help
Assuming you have the right Q10 (current-gen 4K3D, English-branded), just do a clean firmware update (pin in reset hole) using latest v.3.0.3 zip here.

Kodi 15 is pre-installed. If that's fine, open/launch Kodi. If not, sideload whichever Kodi ARM version you want, then open/launch it. After a minute, close (exit/quit) Kodi. In the apps section, you'll find the HiMediaWrapper app. Open it and click 'OK' to apply playercorefactory.xml. Exit out. Now, re-start Kodi. You're all set.
My Family Room Theater
Q5 can't play 1080i MPEG-2 4:2:2 video. Shows black screen.

So far the only player than can do MPEG-2 4:2:2 is the WDTV Live player (years old!). I haven't tested if the WDTV can bitstream DTS-HD MA tho.
  • 162(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17