• 96(current)
Release skin helper service
(2016-02-15, 18:46)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-02-15, 18:42)lrddread Wrote: Addon updated today and its now updating the next episodes.

Haha, I just replied to you but nevermind, you figured it out yourself ;-)

hehe yeah i normally try to Smile and thanks for help info etc. great skin and plugin.
(2016-02-15, 20:42)Jayz2K Wrote: Me again.

I'm coming back to an old issue still experienced under android devices. It's been reported again the default widgets folder in skin shortcuts is not showing (empty).

Can you do a test with only including a simple node like static or skinplaylists or something, it may be related to the code that is probing the addons for their content.

So something like

shortcut label="$ADDON[script.skin.helper.service 32063]" type="32010" condition="System.HasAddon(script.skin.helper.service)">||BROWSE||script.skin.helper.service/?action=widgets&amp;path=static</shortcut>
@Marcel : I will prepare a dedicated file to send to the user since I only have win devices ATM. I'll come back ASAP when I get a feedback. Thx
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
Hi Marcel,

So we made a try with :

Code:
shortcut label="$ADDON[script.skin.helper.service 32063]" type="32010" condition="System.HasAddon(script.skin.helper.service)">||BROWSE||script.skin.helper.service/?action=widgets&amp;path=static</shortcut>

And it works, showing content (Weather, Systeminfo and Default Dark).

Hope that helps.

Hi,

First off, a big thank you to Marcel for sharing his amazing skinning tool. A godsend for skinners. Just need a bit of help with something....

I'm currently using the Rotten Tomatoes Critics Consensus property in DialogueVideoInfo.xml using the prescribed code in an infolabel:

PHP Code:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesConsensus)] 

This works perfectly fine. However, when I try to view video information for a movie from a (legal) movie trailer addon, no Rotten Tomatoes Critics Consensus is shown, although every other detail such as cast, plot, MPAA rating, year etc is loaded fine using Kodi's native Listitem calls (e.g. ListItem.CastAndRole, ListItem.Director, ListItem.Tagline, ListItem.Plot etc.)

I was wondering if it's possible for me to tweak the code to enable compatibility with addons and think it may be able to work if I tweaked the bold part of: Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesConsensus) but am not sure what to change it to. Hoping someone with more knowledge may be able to help me with this. It might not even be possible lol, but I'm hoping there is. Confused

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks Wink
(2016-02-16, 09:31)Jayz2K Wrote: Hi Marcel,

So we made a try with :

Code:

And it works, showing content (Weather, Systeminfo and Default Dark).

Hope that helps.

Yes, that helps a bit. Is it possible that the user just has to wait for a very long time untill the initial load is complete ?
This is hard to debug because it only appears to be happening on x86 android which I don't have. I've tested on a ARM based android device and that works fine.
(2016-02-16, 17:35)Hustler1337 Wrote: This works perfectly fine. However, when I try to view video information for a movie from a (legal) movie trailer addon, no Rotten Tomatoes Critics Consensus is shown, although every other detail such as cast, plot, MPAA rating, year etc is loaded fine using Kodi's native Listitem calls (e.g. ListItem.CastAndRole, ListItem.Director, ListItem.Tagline, ListItem.Plot etc.)

I was wondering if it's possible for me to tweak the code to enable compatibility with addons and think it may be able to work if I tweaked the bold part of: Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesConsensus) but am not sure what to change it to. Hoping someone with more knowledge may be able to help me with this. It might not even be possible lol, but I'm hoping there is. Confused

Can you check out latest Git version ? It should now have support to return the properties for addons too.
(2016-02-16, 22:46)marcelveldt Wrote: Yes, that helps a bit. Is it possible that the user just has to wait for a very long time untill the initial load is complete ?
This is hard to debug because it only appears to be happening on x86 android which I don't have. I've tested on a ARM based android device and that works fine.

Well it's been told that it never ends (or at least, let's say he forced close it after a very long time, so never saw it finished).
When I tested it myself, it was about 2-3 mins ending with an empty list. I can make tests again but not that soon (I have to fire up my nexus player, reinstall everything and test, maybe this week-end if the tv is free Wink ...)

(2016-02-16, 23:09)Jayz2K Wrote: Well it's been told that it never ends (or at least, let's say he forced close it after a very long time, so never saw it finished).
When I tested it myself, it was about 2-3 mins ending with an empty list. I can make tests again but not that soon (I have to fire up my nexus player, reinstall everything and test, maybe this week-end if the tv is free Wink ...)
OK, thanks in advance for testing. The first load can take a very long if a lot of addons are installed.
After the initial load the data will be cached. I can take a look if I can speed it up somehow
@Marcel : np, if I can help making it working on all devices Wink What's more ennoying is when it ends empty but I haven't tested it since a bunch of releases now so it's worth testing again.

Talking about slowdowns, I integrated fileexists command coupled to a following SetString select dialog ... the first one is slowing down the second one when <setting> visibility is based on existing file. I check for 6 files and it produced a 2-3s delay before opening. Not really a huge deal but if you can do something.

Cheers

(2016-02-16, 22:53)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-02-16, 17:35)Hustler1337 Wrote: This works perfectly fine. However, when I try to view video information for a movie from a (legal) movie trailer addon, no Rotten Tomatoes Critics Consensus is shown, although every other detail such as cast, plot, MPAA rating, year etc is loaded fine using Kodi's native Listitem calls (e.g. ListItem.CastAndRole, ListItem.Director, ListItem.Tagline, ListItem.Plot etc.)

Can you check out latest Git version ? It should now have support to return the properties for addons too.
Just checked and works perfectly. Big Grin Thank you so much for integrating addon support Marcel, really appreciate your openness to suggestions from users.
(2016-02-16, 23:21)Jayz2K Wrote: @Marcel : np, if I can help making it working on all devices Wink What's more ennoying is when it ends empty but I haven't tested it since a bunch of releases now so it's worth testing again.

Talking about slowdowns, I integrated fileexists command coupled to a following SetString select dialog ... the first one is slowing down the second one when <setting> visibility is based on existing file. I check for 6 files and it produced a 2-3s delay before opening. Not really a huge deal but if you can do something.

Cheers

I'm afraid nothing can be done about that as calling the python interface by script or plugin causes some delay. I guess there's some throttling applied to Kodi core for that.

EDIT: Btw: if you have some spare time, do you mind to test the latest git version? I think I managed to fix the google images lookups
(2016-02-17, 22:07)marcelveldt Wrote: I'm afraid nothing can be done about that as calling the python interface by script or plugin causes some delay. I guess there's some throttling applied to Kodi core for that.

No problem. I switched from automatic check to manual check with an alarmclock while your script is doing the job. Users are fine with this so, no worries.

Quote:EDIT: Btw: if you have some spare time, do you mind to test the latest git version? I think I managed to fix the google images lookups

Sure. Will test and report ASAP Wink

EDIT : Can you check your script settings, I get "not supported by skin or not available" with bool set to true for PVR thumbs (so I can't set back Google lookup).

Hi mate,

I am trying to use the getvarimage to refresh the image. I'm not 100% how to get the refresh working.
If I restart kodi all is good.
Code:
<texture>http://localhost:52307/getvarimage&amp;title=$INFO[Skin.String(focus_texture)]&amp;refresh=$INFO[System.Time(mm)]</texture>

Is there something wrong.

I looked through your skin and couldn't find refresh
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi

Don't forget the Thank User button if i have helped!
|
V
Code:
http://localhost:52307/getvarimage&title=$INFO{Skin.String(MyCustomPath)}/logo.png
bracket is your problem,not refresh....
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
  • 96(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18