• 196(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2016-02-17, 11:03)ashlar Wrote: And why is that. Did aracnoz explain?

The only reference I found was here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2138199

Man, i would just kill for a DSplayer Dash 1080p youtube solution.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2016-02-17, 15:39)mrhyde1969 Wrote: Found a strange problem,with my lord of the rings mkv rips. These are full rips I did myself from my blurays. I am now using re clock which seems to be working fine apart from these mentioned movies. The problem is that they are only playing as 2 channel on my pioneer a receiver, that is only left and right channels being sent to receiver no centre or rears. But if I select play using DVDPLAYER I get full chanel hd master.... any ideas why this may be happening.. btw other films I have tested that are hd master work fine, and I have passthrough disabled in re clock

Need log file. Anything now is a stab in the dark which I'm going by the movies contain 2-Ch PCM track or something like that included and get picked by default. Try manually select Audio Track to HD track.
(2016-02-17, 15:48)vicmanpergar Wrote: Man, i would just kill for a DSplayer Dash 1080p youtube solution.

I rarely watch youtube. But I would kill for fully working Dailymotion addon.
(2016-02-17, 17:04)oldpoem Wrote:
(2016-02-17, 15:39)mrhyde1969 Wrote: Found a strange problem,with my lord of the rings mkv rips. These are full rips I did myself from my blurays. I am now using re clock which seems to be working fine apart from these mentioned movies. The problem is that they are only playing as 2 channel on my pioneer a receiver, that is only left and right channels being sent to receiver no centre or rears. But if I select play using DVDPLAYER I get full chanel hd master.... any ideas why this may be happening.. btw other films I have tested that are hd master work fine, and I have passthrough disabled in re clock

Need log file. Anything now is a stab in the dark which I'm going by the movies contain 2-Ch PCM track or something like that included and get picked by default. Try manually select Audio Track to HD track.

Hi,
Will get the log file tonight, but I only ripped the dts master track
(2016-02-17, 17:06)oldpoem Wrote:
(2016-02-17, 15:48)vicmanpergar Wrote: Man, i would just kill for a DSplayer Dash 1080p youtube solution.

I rarely watch youtube. But I would kill for fully working Dailymotion addon.

I rarely watch Dailymotion, but mate, i guess it is the same feeling, lol.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2016-02-16, 16:35)oldpoem Wrote:
(2016-02-16, 16:04)seaweed Wrote: Thank you very much for this.
So much better PQ than the official Kodi (In my subjective opinion)
This should be on the Kodi official download page. Its is the best thing since sliced bread Rofl

Read this thread and you'll find that was probably the main reason the main dev of this fork left. Right now there is no active development of this fork , just compile what left behind with latest Kodi master branch.

Thats sad, any chance he/she will come back?
Well I plan on using kodi until I can no longer use madVR with it. I have to have it now. Hopefully they find a way to implement it with Kodi instead of having to rely on an outside party doing it. It's just a matter of time before DSPlayer no longer works.
(2016-02-17, 23:48)Tamuro Wrote: Well I plan on using kodi until I can no longer use madVR with it. I have to have it now. Hopefully they find a way to implement it with Kodi instead of having to rely on an outside party doing it. It's just a matter of time before DSPlayer no longer works.

Kodi 17 will have the answer. The media player is being rewritten and components such as the video renderer are supposed to be separate from the decoder and other parts. This may make it possible to use madVR and other renderers but not without official support.

Given how few people this may impact, it likely will never happen. But it would be a big selling point for Kodi to have madVR support.

So it is completely up to the Linux-focused development team.
(2016-02-17, 20:55)seaweed Wrote:
(2016-02-16, 16:35)oldpoem Wrote:
(2016-02-16, 16:04)seaweed Wrote: Thank you very much for this.
So much better PQ than the official Kodi (In my subjective opinion)
This should be on the Kodi official download page. Its is the best thing since sliced bread Rofl

Read this thread and you'll find that was probably the main reason the main dev of this fork left. Right now there is no active development of this fork , just compile what left behind with latest Kodi master branch.

Thats sad, any chance he/she will come back?

Not likely. But another developer might step-in if Kodi 17 doesn't support madVR. It would come down to luck that a developer is interested in maintaining this fork. It would help if madVR reached version 1.0, so its features are stable. This would mean fewer updates and part-time development would be fine.
I was most surprised how stable and how awesome that RC4 version of DSPlayer runs mucho respeco to the compiler and modifier altho i dont think hes made himself known but he deserves credit as its as awesomely stable build and works FLAWLESSLY for me anyway,

I did a scratch install (Portable) and imported my entire library prob, 2 hours work and its running like a champ so whoever you are im in love just i dont do the bloke on bloke thing sorry Cool

Hence just one post tonight as im busy playing awesome looking content on my 4k tv thanks again all jokes aside.
Is there a clear cut way to configure Kodi to use the built in DVDPlayer for everything except my MKV bluray rips? I've been having problems with add-ons that play video, like youtube, trailors that link to youtube, some network add-ons like travel channel and some others. I tried to follow the guide but when I configured the protocol, somehow the DVDPlayer became default for my MKV rips as well.
(2016-02-18, 07:31)Tamuro Wrote: Is there a clear cut way to configure Kodi to use the built in DVDPlayer for everything except my MKV bluray rips? I've been having problems with add-ons that play video, like youtube, trailors that link to youtube, some network add-ons like travel channel and some others. I tried to follow the guide but when I configured the protocol, somehow the DVDPlayer became default for my MKV rips as well.

Under DVDPlayer merits, create rule and enable internet stream did the trick for me.
(2016-02-18, 07:41)oldpoem Wrote:
(2016-02-18, 07:31)Tamuro Wrote: Is there a clear cut way to configure Kodi to use the built in DVDPlayer for everything except my MKV bluray rips? I've been having problems with add-ons that play video, like youtube, trailors that link to youtube, some network add-ons like travel channel and some others. I tried to follow the guide but when I configured the protocol, somehow the DVDPlayer became default for my MKV rips as well.

Under DVDPlayer merits, create rule and enable internet stream did the trick for me.

That would be great if I knew what to type in that rule to make that happen. Haha
You don't need to type anything , just tick checkbox. Haha.
(2016-02-18, 08:24)Tamuro Wrote: That would be great if I knew what to type in that rule to make that happen. Haha

Settings/Video/DSPlayer/DVDPlayer Merits/Add new merits rule..

From there you type in a name for the rule's name (whatever you want), and then check the radio button "Internet stream" (it's the 11th entry in the list). After this you scroll to the bottom and select "Add Rule". Done.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
  • 196(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47