• 204(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
Also did activoice's solution and it works great. But will the login_client.py change with the next update or will the credentials I created still be there?
(2016-02-18, 11:06)finalmakerr Wrote: @adito
Yes i am aware, there was an issue with one of the main API i just fixed it and it's will be up in a few hours.

Repeat the method showed in the video in order to have the updated version.

http://offshoregit.com/finalmakerr/Fixed%20Addons/
Make sure the date is not showing as: 17-Feb-2016 15:31

thank you...

it's working now
I'm trying to be independent from any old API keys, so I wanted to also change the "youtube-tv" key in login_client.py to the new private one I already used for "youtube-for-kodi-xx" (15 in my case).

However the "My Subscriptions" view, which uses the "youtube-tv" key in its request, stays empty. Digging around a bit in the code it seems this view uses another kind of request (v1), and results in an error 403 (forbidden) when using the same key used in "youtube-for-kodi-xx".

Does anyone know what kind of API key or client auth (or combination of it?) I have to create in the Google Developer Console to make this request also work?
(2016-02-18, 12:26)Thinaran Wrote: Also did activoice's solution and it works great. But will the login_client.py change with the next update or will the credentials I created still be there?

Your changes will be lost.

To prevent any update open addon.xml and increase the version number. Example: original version 5.1.16 >>> your version 5.2.0. Of course if something newer is released with a higher version than what you changed it to, then it will be overwritten. Make a zip / copy of the plugin.video.youtube folder for safe keeping in case you need to revert back.
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19. Install via my k19-addons repository.
(2016-02-18, 04:32)shung Wrote: I cannot find login_client.py in Raspberry pi 2B, anybody know how the file structure in Raspbian??

/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/client
Hi firstly want to say great addon and some fantastic advice here.. I followed the instructions and created my own api keys and im now able to see videos using the addon...however, if i click the LIVE link i get the "project marked for deletion" message still... and also on some addons ive created for myself that use some youtube channels i still get the same message...

are other people who created the API having the same issue when clicking on live??
Yeah same here when I click LIVE link.
(2016-02-18, 16:59)VanZan Wrote: Yeah same here when I click LIVE link.

ahh thanks for the reply. now i know its nothing i have done wrong Big Grin
No problem with LIVE here...
delayed but good fix Smile

thanks
I had the same problem back in december but an upgrade to the latest jarvis release cured the problem for a time until a couple of days ago when the daily limit exceeded error came back again every time I used the you tube plugin. I think You tube is trying to destroy Kodi.
Thanks a bunch, that makes since that it all of a sudden it just stopped working for me and nothing else would fix it. I appreciate your insight and am using the update you provided.

thanks a bunch for you help

Jeff

(2016-02-18, 09:06)finalmakerr Wrote: API developer keys must be created in order to use any app.
Using browser or smart tv have their own API just like Bromix's YouTube addon.
I believe the previous API keys has been removed that's why the official addon is broken.
Just an FYI. The one set of Youtube API keys you create will work in Isengard, Jarvis, and even Krypton. I just added a section to the login_client.py for Krypton and used the same API keys in all three.

Bob
(2016-02-16, 14:52)ntdrt Wrote: I just made quick fix based on random pooling of credentials. Not really a good solution but it will solve problem for now.

Source: https://github.com/kolinger/plugin.video.youtube
ZIP: https://github.com/kolinger/plugin.video...5.1.17.zip

Installation - install from zip or replace files directly in addons folder. Then just logout from youtube and log back. If there was still issue with quota/unknown kind then logout and login again. Every login a random credentials are chosen/propably new pool is chosen.
Thanks for making the 5.1.17 zip. I have followed your instructions by logout and login again but it didn't work for me. Tried twice but same result. Does anyone have any advice/tips on how I can get this to work. Thanks again for your help.
(2016-02-18, 16:37)kgoerbig Wrote:
(2016-02-18, 04:32)shung Wrote: I cannot find login_client.py in Raspberry pi 2B, anybody know how the file structure in Raspbian??

/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/client

How can I edit that file on RP2? can I use putty? I'm using openelec

Edit:
I was able to create Browser API key, client ID and client secret.

uninstalled and reinstalled youtube addon

I also was able to change the "login_client.py" file using ssh, and this command:
nano .kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/client/login_client.py

but I still get the "daily limit exceeded" error.

am I missing something??
  • 204(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20