• 97(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
(2016-02-18, 15:50)droidelec Wrote: Today/tomorrow we are planning to release new OTA for WeTek Core where we add support for booting menu (Internal Storage/microSD) for easy switching between Android and OpenELEC, and other changes.

Btw. do you know if there anything can be done to get DTS-HD / TrueHD / EAC3 working on linux directly? Some patch / mode to get the device with a) 2 channels 192 khz openened and b) 8 channels 192 khz 16 bit?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@fritsch

Yes, codesnake is working on it, but as you know our priority is new decoder for Kodi to be finished, for goodness of whole AMLogic community.
No hurry. I did not test if the same trick as on Android is working on linux (faking 8 channels to AE and directly opening 2 with 192 khz) ... was just an informative question. First things first and AMLCodec needs it.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@fritsch I will try if the trick works on Linux. This shouldn't take much time. Hehe, I tried many things when tried to make HD audio passthrough work, but it is really a trick Smile.
(2016-02-18, 15:50)droidelec Wrote: Today/tomorrow we are planning to release new OTA for WeTek Core where we add support for booting menu (Internal Storage/microSD) for easy switching between Android and OpenELEC, and other changes.
Hi droidelec. I can't wait to this upgrade. It is a chance to release it today?
Thx for answer and thank You for Your work
Yes lukcinek, it will be OnAir today.
WOW! SuperSmile I can't wait. Dual boot is a game changer for me.
Don't forget about wetek play guys :-) we need dual boot as well
(2016-02-19, 18:20)droidelec Wrote: Yes lukcinek, it will be OnAir today.
Working well after the bug spray nuked the biggest critters Wink

No need to even leave the comfort of the lounge now to switch OS's.
All we need now is the WeTek Robo butler to deliver beer from the refrigerator !
I'm sure DroidELEC has got something in the WeTek workshop ?

We started seeding over OTA new version of WeTek OS 1.1.2 for WeTek Core with these changes:

- Added dual boot. On WeTek Core splash screen press power key to boot from Internal storage or microSD card.

Note: The OTA should do it automatically but, in case it fails to perform this task, you will see a message: "Clearing U-Boot env at next boot" once the WeTek boots to Android. If at the next boot, the WeTek goes to recovery mode, please don't worry, just press "Reboot Now" on the already highlighted reboot entry to go back to Android/OpenELEC.

- Added WeTek Media Player v2 based on Kodi 16.0rc3 Jarvis build with fully working HD Audio passthrough (Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master)

- Various fixes in Android and Kernel.

How to use boot menu to boot from Internal storage or microSD card, without need to remove microSD with OpenELEC on it:

@wrxtasy

Always Big Grin
Now we olny need the Wetek Core back in Stock [WHITE SMILING FACE]️
Magnificient!!!!!!!

Only thing missing out of this box is FULL 3D MVC working!!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
+1, terrific work. Re: 3D MVC, I believe AMLogic has to make it happen before devs can make it happen?

BTW, love that funky music in the YT video Big Grin!
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
@hdmkv

We already started some work on it, parallel with new decoder for amlogic based devices.
Glad to hear AML came through... good luck, and I'm here as always to help w/testing.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
  • 97(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4