• 2(current)
Mod Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]
Daaaamn this skin is so stunning! Dark, flat, minimalist and classy. Thank you for this work man. Keep up the good work !
Well done on keeping this alive Guardian. In terms of design, this skin was always head and shoulders above most of the other skins available for Kodi.

The only thing that I always felt was missing, was a 3 row poster view. If you don't have the header displayed, then there is always a huge amount of wasted space at the top in most views. So if you're taking requests on development, that'd be mine.

Also, not sure if you've fixed it already, but on the media info views the fanart always displayed another copy of the poster rather than the actual fanart.
(2016-02-20, 10:24)filthycatbox Wrote: Well done on keeping this alive Guardian. In terms of design, this skin was always head and shoulders above most of the other skins available for Kodi.

The only thing that I always felt was missing, was a 3 row poster view. If you don't have the header displayed, then there is always a huge amount of wasted space at the top in most views. So if you're taking requests on development, that'd be mine.

Also, not sure if you've fixed it already, but on the media info views the fanart always displayed another copy of the poster rather than the actual fanart.

I've added a view to accomplish this already. See here.

It's made for the original version of AZ but maybe that's what you're looking for. I'd also hope that view would be added to the main skin...
Sorry everyone but I have been away on a business trip and didn't get home until yesterday morning. There's a lot I see I need to catch up on here and on the Emby forums.

For @filthycatbox: the idea around keeping the AZ:E/AZ:FA line going was to have it driven by the people who use it and what they wanted to see. Although it was on the Emby forum and not here I did make that clear when I got custodianship of the AZ:E theme.

So everyone is welcome to make suggestions of what they want; I think I turned down one suggestion and it was because it would have made the theme too busy.

@bigbadrabbit: I will look at your modification to the view. Since, as you implied, it's more aimed for when the headers are off I could probably bring it in as an entirely new view.
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
The New Arctic Zephyr: Exploded Experience for Kodi Jarvis
Arctic Zephyr: Generations - Coming Soon
Hi Guardian Hope,

I think you might need to learn with skinning, if you are going to take things from other peoples skins then it is polite to give them a credit. In case you are wondering what I'm on about look at picture 4 in you imgur gallery in post one. There is been a direct lift of the fake disc solution from my skin, even the gfx for the discs have been taken and are exactly the same. If you didn't then someone else did at some point!

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for open source and take what you want, but it's nice to perhaps ask the owner if it's ok and also give credit to that person for whatever is being taken and added to your skin. At least that is how I act when seeing something in another skin that I might want to add to mine!
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2016-02-20, 20:16)Mike_Doc Wrote: Hi Guardian Hope,

I think you might need to learn with skinning, if you are going to take things from other peoples skins then it is polite to give them a credit. In case you are wondering what I'm on about look at picture 4 in you imgur gallery in post one. There is been a direct lift of the fake disc solution from my skin, even the gfx for the discs have been taken and are exactly the same. If you didn't then someone else did at some point!

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for open source and take what you want, but it's nice to perhaps ask the owner if it's ok and also give credit to that person for whatever is being taken and added to your skin. At least that is how I act when seeing something in another skin that I might want to add to mine!

Hi Mike_Doc,

As you are being polite, except for your first statement which may be due to your confusion, I will be too as I believe you are sincere. Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes and Arctic Zephyr: Exploded are the exact same skin which means anything incorporated prior to I getting custodianship of the theme was already there.

For your reference, please review: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=223715
On the Emby forums: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/t...ded/page-1
On the Emby forums From Ashes: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/t...hes/page-1

Please note that the later pages of the Emby forums discuss the transitioning of the "Exploded" skin to "From Ashes."

I am not too familiar with whether or not @im85288 and @badaas asked for your permission or not - that is between you and them and not myself but my assumption, given the type of people they are, is that they did since it was already there when I got it.

The only initial change was making it compatible with Jarvis. Obviously, that mission statement has expanded far beyond its original scope but has no precedence here as the underlying statement of the two themes being exactly the same is no less true from the several listed sources. It was also made abundantly clear that this wasn't an "offshoot" or "mod of a mod" but rather the "continuation" of Exploded.

If you have any further issues, please let me know and I will be very happy to address them.
Hi,

Thanks for the info. No theres no further issues buddy, it's not the first time and won't be the last that something is lifted from a skin possibly without recognition.

Ggod luck with the skin, i know how hard it is to own a skin.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2016-02-20, 20:50)Mike_Doc Wrote: Hi,

Thanks for the info. No theres no further issues buddy, it's not the first time and won't be the last that something is lifted from a skin possibly without recognition.

Ggod luck with the skin, i know how hard it is to own a skin.

Hi,

I was actually surprised about how much this actually occurs - well not this situation where it was a case of mistaken skin identity, but where people just take other people's work without credit. It was and is one of the many things From Ashes is aiming to help rectify. If you look at the Imgur gallery you'll see that there's an "About From Ashes" button which currently links to a page outside of Kodi's range as I'm not ready to implement it yet. I intend to recognize everyone whether it's the lovely contributors here or on the Emby forums, the plugins incorporated into this theme in the past, and of course the two who originally created it.

What you can do is tell me when/where/what/etc. is already incorporated so you may be included (with evidence, naturally, that the feature was originally created by you which isn't that hard) so that you may be included on the "About From Ashes" page.

Other than that, as I said, I was handed a great theme (Exploded) with the mission to make it better while staying true to it's predecessor (From Ashes).
Come on....stop referring to it as a "theme"....Kodi uses skins....when you change from Confluence to Artic Zephyr you are changing skins....not theme's....each skin can have multiple theme's.

This can be confusing.
(2016-02-20, 14:21)bigbadrabbit Wrote: I've added a view to accomplish this already. See here.

It's made for the original version of AZ but maybe that's what you're looking for. I'd also hope that view would be added to the main skin...

Thanks for pointing me to your modded XML file. For me personally, I'm not a fan of the posters half showing at the bottom of the screen. I think the Aeon Nox wall view gets the proportions about the best of any skin around.

@Guadian Hope, is there an option to change the video info to the old one without the discart? The current one here doesn't follow any of the skin's design language, and lacks the option to refresh the video information which I use a lot when files don't get tagged properly (usually a s**tty remake rather than the original movie. Robocop, Evil Dead etc...).
(2016-02-22, 16:09)filthycatbox Wrote:
(2016-02-20, 14:21)bigbadrabbit Wrote: I've added a view to accomplish this already. See here.

Thanks for pointing me to your modded XML file. For me personally, I'm not a fan of the posters half showing at the bottom of the screen. I think the Aeon Nox wall view gets the proportions about the best of any skin around.

@Guadian Hope, is there an option to change the video info to the old one without the discart? The current one here doesn't follow any of the skin's design language, and lacks the option to refresh the video information which I use a lot when files don't get tagged properly (usually a s**tty remake rather than the original movie. Robocop, Evil Dead etc...).

I'm not exactly certain what the "original" video info screen looked like as the video info screen always appeared the way it does now for as long as I have used Kodi. If you have an image I can see what may or may not be done. As for refreshing: there's a functionality for refreshing the library already built in so you'll have to detail that one a little further.

For now however, 3.2.1 is shaping up to be the largest update and will likely be out sometime in March:

3.2.10 (3.2.10_bsrelease01) - "From Ashes Bluestone 3.2.1"
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes "Spring Update"
Fixed Errors In Changelog
Replaced all instances of AZ Skin Helper with "regular" Skin Helper
Blue Accents New Default ("From Ashes" Style)
Orange Accents Now "Exploded" Style
New Icon Suite
Resolved Pink Text to Now Use Color Accents
About From Ashes Page Implemented
American Flag Now Used to Represent English Audio and Subtitles in Info Screen
Enhanced Music Hub Experience
New Watch Status Indicators
New Poster Wall View (By: bigbadrabbit [Kodi Forums])
Enhancements to Video Info Dialog Screen
Fix for System Information Screen
Optimizations to Reduce Install Size
Miscellaneous Changes and Enhancements for Jarvis
fail

(
(2016-02-23, 10:10)Flest Wrote: fail

(

That post was unhelpful. Please provide a log file rather than a one word statement and an image in a language that I don't speak - and I am fluent in a number of languages. This will allow me to determine properly what needs to be fixed but it appears to be the reference to script.duration.
(2016-02-23, 04:57)Guardian Hope Wrote:
(2016-02-22, 16:09)filthycatbox Wrote:

I'm not exactly certain what the "original" video info screen looked like as the video info screen always appeared the way it does now for as long as I have used Kodi. If you have an image I can see what may or may not be done. As for refreshing: there's a functionality for refreshing the library already built in so you'll have to detail that one a little further.

For now however, 3.2.1 is shaping up to be the largest update and will likely be out sometime in March:

3.2.10 (3.2.10_bsrelease01) - "From Ashes Bluestone 3.2.1"
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes "Spring Update"
Fixed Errors In Changelog
Replaced all instances of AZ Skin Helper with "regular" Skin Helper
Blue Accents New Default ("From Ashes" Style)
Orange Accents Now "Exploded" Style
New Icon Suite
Resolved Pink Text to Now Use Color Accents
About From Ashes Page Implemented
American Flag Now Used to Represent English Audio and Subtitles in Info Screen
Enhanced Music Hub Experience
New Watch Status Indicators
New Poster Wall View (By: bigbadrabbit [Kodi Forums])
Enhancements to Video Info Dialog Screen
Fix for System Information Screen
Optimizations to Reduce Install Size
Miscellaneous Changes and Enhancements for Jarvis

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. The keystroke of "i" when over a video file brings up the video information screen. Which in this mod includes the disc art and a different layout to the original Arctic:Zephyr and lacks the fictionally to refresh the information to correct mistakenly scraped files.
February Hotfix #02

This is a patch release to address the installation issue resulting from the drop of a previously supported dependency in Kodi Jarvis 16. Changelog attached to this post. If you have further installation issues, please let me know so that I may fix it before I start work on the big "Spring Update."

Download Sources
Available via Emby Repository for Kodi Jarvis
Available via GitHub (Link in first post!)
Available via Enterprise CDN: https://embycdn.northebridge.com/AZFA/do...3.2.02.zip

Changelog:
Code:
3.2.02 (3.2.02_bsrelease01) - "From Ashes Bluestone 3.2.02"
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes "Hotfix 3.2.02"
Resolves Installation Issue in Public Kodi Jarvis Release
Removes "script.duration" legacy code
Info Screen Length Now Handled By Skin Helper Service
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help