• 82(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
no - because is not so fast like the old build 1001, often restarts and freezing cursor. DD and DTS play after some time (have wrote them yesterday)

...it's a pity after your hard work since 1001, that this problem is not resolved (hope you understand me - it is hard for me with my terrible english to explain this for you)

btw - yesterday i have played an 20GB mkv file from usb HD - all audio works fine with 1001.
AC3 and DTS PT from PI2:HDMI -> TV:SPIF -> AVR works like a charm with OMX and MMAL. I didn't even know my TV can forward DTS, as fritsch and I didn't manage to get that working via Android.
hmm, what am I doing wrong? - don't get any multichannel over optical spdif on Yamaha receiver - only pcm notifications.

I wont to listen direkt sound over seven loudspeakers not on verry little tv-tin- rubber johnny. :-)

well, i think need now a new receiver? :-)
(2016-02-20, 13:48)popcornmix Wrote: Good to hear. Any other user who had working passthrough with omxplayer enabled, but no pssthrough with omxplayer disabled, then please test the latest build.
Replaced the .elf and .dat files on my RPI2 running OSMC and passthrough with MMAL now works with my Sony tv and Sonos Playbar.

Good job :-)
@doldi - what's your setup? Have you tried with setting the number of speakers to 2.0 with PT enabled? Also, if you want your TV to passthrough via SPDIF, it's quite possible that you have to enable this in your TV. My LG has "PCM" and "Auto" as options for it's optical out and ofc only "Auto" will support PT.
@ da-anda ;-)
thanks

ok, lets go to my setup.
RPi2 is connected to a Ligawo HDMI Switch ( TV have only 2 HDMI's and no s/pdif-out)).
Yamaha receiver is connected over optical s/pdif to this switch.

But i won't switch KODI to 2 channels and aktivate AC3 transformation, because so i have no DTS5.1 with my equipment combination.
Yes, if i want to hear AAC5.1 this is the only way to listen DD5.1, I am aware.

hmmm ;-)
@doldi - your assumption is wrong. At least for anything SPDIF and PT related you HAVE TO set the channels to 2.0 - SPDIF can only handle 2 channels and the 5.1 information is encoded in these two channels. So AC3 transcoding will still work and you can enjoy 5.1AAC and 5.1FLAC as 5.1AC3 streams even if speakers are set to 2.0. I know this is a bit confusing, but that is the correct configuration.

edit: so in short:
- set speakers to 2.0
- enable passthrough
- enable AC3 PT
- enable AC3 transcoding
- enable DTS PT

once done, everything SPDIF can handle should work and you'll also get any other 5.1 format converted to AC3 5.1
Thanks da-anda,
i will test it first on old 1001 build and report later.
Now i am looking "Lucy" mky with my old configuration ;-)
(2016-02-20, 21:52)da-anda Wrote: @doldi - your assumption is wrong. At least for anything SPDIF and PT related you HAVE TO set the channels to 2.0 - SPDIF can only handle 2 channels and the 5.1 information is encoded in these two channels. So AC3 transcoding will still work and you can enjoy 5.1AAC and 5.1FLAC as 5.1AC3 streams even if speakers are set to 2.0. I know this is a bit confusing, but that is the correct configuration.

edit: so in short:
- set speakers to 2.0
- enable passthrough
- enable AC3 PT
- enable AC3 transcoding
- enable DTS PT

once done, everything SPDIF can handle should work and you'll also get any other 5.1 format converted to AC3 5.1

Well - your right da-anda.
With this setting lip sync is much better than 5.1 configuration. On 20GB mkv after 10 min was sensed 1 second!

Now is build #0219 with this setting usable for me.

btw: Skip back left under the progressbar is always shown (aktivated) and "blinking", if i move the cursor on screen in this build?
New OpenELEC Krypton build #0220: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.4.2 #1 Sun Feb 21 00:48:08 GMT 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb 19 2016 19:53:38
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 573126451d3fb80e6de5ffb7d1fa117d814417b8 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (community) - Version: devel-20160221004609-r22094-gd61e8ce

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001783.821: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (d61e8ce7, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (146e7155, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock5 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-4.4.y
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes latest bcm2835-driver master (565197e2, ahead +20)
  • Includes latest dcadec master (0e074384, ahead +139)
  • Includes latest kodi-platform master (92583ef9, ahead +2)
  • Includes latest libcec master (6d68d212)
  • Includes latest libnfs master (2927ce04, ahead +9)
  • Includes latest p8-platform master (38343e0a)
  • Includes latest addons: peripheral.joystick (fc605f4b, +46), pvr.argustv (501f56b3, +16), pvr.demo (116a172a, +13), pvr.filmon (4beb05da, +18), pvr.hdhomerun (6d08102d, +19), pvr.hts (0814da42, +53), pvr.iptvsimple (1dfc3547, +17), pvr.mediaportal.tvserver (f146bc74, +39), pvr.mythtv (1b43b5f4, +17), pvr.nextpvr (a4019fa7, +16), pvr.njoy (4f30f4af, +12), pvr.pctv (522f9603, +16), pvr.stalker (0402f465, +15), pvr.vbox (b0916449, +21), pvr.vdr.vnsi (2089549a, +17), pvr.vuplus (4cf6ad02, +14), pvr.wmc (9a83292f, +17)
  • Includes commits from service.openelec.settings/, ahead +1 (OpenELEC)
  • Include [env] e7cbe9cb: xf86-video-intel: explicitely disable TearFree and TripleBuffer
  • Include [env] ed774729: Intel: Implement Passthrough-Range
  • Include [env] 2f83a1cf: xf86-video-intel: bump to 8b8c9a36 (fixes segfault when refreshrate changing)
  • Include [env] 3a6268c9: VAAPI: Enable EGL
  • Include [env] 98c65e6a: Kodi: Use Limited Range by default
  • Include [env] 858f6461: xf86-video-intel: bump to 371219c
  • Include [env] compare: ffmpeg: Additional Jarvis 2.8.x patches
  • Include [env] patch: Clean Kodi view cache on startup
  • Include [env] patch: Enable other binary addons
  • Include [env] patch: Fix AML patch 3.0.0 -> 3.1.0
  • Include [env] patch: Enable OpenELEC add-ons and repositories in manifest
  • Include [env] patch: Add experimental splash video
  • Include [env] patch: Enable pvr addons, disable pvr updates
  • Include [env] patch: kodi: peripheral.joystick binary addon
  • Include [env] PR:4500: kodi: update to 17.0
  • Include [env] PR:4537: [scripts] Add PKG_SOURCE_NAME for non-standard package tarballs
  • Include [env] PR:4661: stripping changes
  • Revert [env] 46b9b7b3: rtmpdump (Reason: use newclock5 bump)
  • Include [pkg] patch: Enable game controllers in manifest
  • Include [pkg] PR:7030: CNetwork - implement IPv6
  • Include [pkg] PR:8254: FIX: Only handle 3D bitmap subs in TAB
  • Include [pkg] PR:8645: [video] Add season/TV show artwork to episodes/seasons even if they have their own fanart.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8807: Controller input
  • Include [pkg] PR:8822: Implement ignore url options in CFileItemList
  • Include [pkg] PR:8824: videodb: fix smart playlists not honoring "Show empty TV shows" setting.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8922: [guiinfo] extend ranges for listitem properties
  • Include [pkg] PR:9110: [addons] fix 'system addons'
  • Include [pkg] PR:9112: [confluence] [PVR] small adjustments
  • Include [pkg] PR:9166: [database] dont attempt to drop automatically created indices when clearing analytics
Build Highlights:
  1. Use manifest to identify system add-ons and repositories
  2. New Addon schema: Addons22.db
  3. AE: fix re-mappng issue
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • Add entropy generation (PR:4730, 3 commits, 7 files changed)
    • major rework (PR:4737, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • Package updates (PR:4735, 9 commits, 15 files changed)
      • nano: update to nano-2.5.2
      • libgcrypt: update to libgcrypt-1.6.5
      • wireless-regdb: update to wireless-regdb-2016.02.08
      • glibc: add libm.so to initramfs
      • plymouth-lite: fix linking with glibc-2.23, this fixes #4727 this fixes #4732
      • remove project 'Nvidia_Legacy', merged with project 'Generic'
      • projects/*/linux: add support for iptable_mangle, this fixes #4716
      • xf86-video-amdgpu: update to xf86-video-amdgpu-1.0.1
      • glibc: cleanup
    • scripts/mkimage: create disk image without sudo (PR:4701, 1 commit, 7 files changed)
    • Revert "major rework" (PR:4739, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • e2fsprogs: Don't parallel build (PR:4740, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • CMake Readme Fixes (PR:9139, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • SinkPi: Correct setting of passthrough flag (PR:9163, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • mmal: increase decode buffering a little to help harder MVC files (PR:9159, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • mmal: Use correct pool destroy functions (PR:9158, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • mmal: Include mmal renderer logging in video category (PR:9161, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [ios/packaging] - fixed wrong evaluation of $ARM64 (which is command true, false and can't be fed to test via []), fixes arm64 requirement during installation even while we are still building 32bit... (e4dd1f56)
  3. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • VideoPlayer: drop incorrect error message (158d1789)
      • AE: fix re-mappng issue (e487a1aa)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • mmal: Include mmal renderer logging in video category (adcff19c)
      • mmal: increase decode buffering a little to help harder MVC files (125bb30d)
      • mmal: Use correct pool destroy functions (459a3949)
      • SinkPi: Correct setting of passthrough flag (c9f99e25)
      • mmal: move towards common class (ac05199a)
      • Revert "mmal: move towards common class" (047b4a70)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: Enable OpenELEC add-ons and repositories in manifest
    • Added: [pkg] patch: Enable game controllers in manifest
    • Added: [pkg] PR:9110: [addons] fix 'system addons'
    • Added: [pkg] PR:9166: [database] dont attempt to drop automatically created indices when clearing analytics
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Just installed #0220 and when I try and scan my music library Kodi crashes repeatedly every single time after the first album is scanned. This was a clean install with no existing music db.

http://sprunge.us/GSBA is the Crashlog

The kodi.old.log doesn't seem to give much hint, so hopefully the stack trace in the crashlog is of more use Smile

The album it scans is the only one I have for that artist, so it's impossible to tell which one it's trying to scan next that might be the cause (and there are some 1300 artists to choose from Smile )
Is it crashing always with the same album? It looks like it is crashing after or while scraping smb://STOURWALK/music/2 Unlimited/No Limit/album.nfo. There's nothing obvious in #0220 that looks like it would cause this, can you try earlier builds and try to determine when the crashing started?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
For some reason the visualisations for radio aren't working. The visualisation is on the screen but not reacting to the music/sounds. When playing an mp3 they work oke.
Tested both TVHeadend and VU enigma radio.
They do work with OpenElec 6.0.1.

For the rest: thanks for all your work!
Is anyone using the HD Home run PVR with any success on the latest build?
(2016-02-21, 16:02)Milhouse Wrote: Is it crashing always with the same album? It looks like it is crashing after or while scraping smb://STOURWALK/music/2 Unlimited/No Limit/album.nfo. There's nothing obvious in #0220 that looks like it would cause this, can you try earlier builds and try to determine when the crashing started?

A little more investigation done (although not yet trying to bisect previous builds) and a little more background.

The music in question live on my unraid NAS and was previously controlled by a x86 based openelec build (most likely Isengard based). The NAS has been shipped from the UK to the US and is now hooked up to my rPi, so I'm rescanning all the files again.

All of my artists and albums have 'artist.nfo' and 'album.nfo' files in place. The crash consistent occurs whenever the Universal Artist/Album Scraper gets involved. If I remover the album.nfo then it crashes on the Artist, if I then remove the artist.nfo then it'll scan in that Artist/Album just fine.

All the crashlogs seem to SEGFAULT in the same place..

Code:
Core was generated by `/usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd'.
Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
#0  0x007920f4 in CNfoFile::Create(std::string const&, std::shared_ptr<ADDON::CScraper> const&, int) ()
[Current thread is 1 (Thread 0x64b563a0 (LWP 2659))]

And indeed the method place seems to indicate a NFO related issue Smile

So the simple solution is to delete all my existing NFO files, but that just masks what might be a problem rather than cures it. Given that it therefore might not be rPi specific either who is the best person to talk to?
  • 82(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6