• 97(current)
Release skin helper service
(2016-02-18, 03:46)Rjsachse Wrote: Hi mate,

I am trying to use the getvarimage to refresh the image. I'm not 100% how to get the refresh working.
If I restart kodi all is good.
Code:
<texture>http://localhost:52307/getvarimage&amp;title=$INFO[Skin.String(focus_texture)]&amp;refresh=$INFO[System.Time(mm)]</texture>

Is there something wrong.

I looked through your skin and couldn't find refresh

http://localhost:52307/getvarimage&amp;title=$INFO[Skin.String(focus_texture)]&amp;refresh=$INFO[System.Time(mm)]

Only use the special brackets for a value you have to pass to the script. In this case the refresh is just to trick kodi to refresh the texture.
Offcourse this is all a bit of a hack/workaround, the very best solution would be if we could just use info props inside panels
Ok so how does it know when to refresh. Is it every minute or do I have to send a value somewhere.

Yes agreed would be easier if we could use info in panels
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi

Don't forget the Thank User button if i have helped!
|
V
(2016-02-18, 22:47)Rjsachse Wrote: Ok so how does it know when to refresh. Is it every minute or do I have to send a value somewhere.

The image control itself will do the refresh because you added an infolabel in there that changes. For example you can also set it to ListItem.label or whatsoever, the script completely ignores that data and just returns the image you requested
(2016-02-18, 22:51)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-02-18, 22:47)Rjsachse Wrote: Ok so how does it know when to refresh. Is it every minute or do I have to send a value somewhere.

The image control itself will do the refresh because you added an infolabel in there that changes. For example you can also set it to ListItem.label or whatsoever, the script completely ignores that data and just returns the image you requested

Thanks. Not seeming to work in video osd in a group list for the player controls. Is it because it is a grouplist? Or because the window gets stored in memory.

|
V
Hi Marcel,

have you changed anything with view selector? It was just showing view name in my dialogselect window but now it's view name [CR] view name (view ID) in what I believe is Listitem.label?
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2016-02-17, 22:07)marcelveldt Wrote: EDIT: Btw: if you have some spare time, do you mind to test the latest git version? I think I managed to fix the google images lookups

Sounds like the PVR thumbs rebirth Wink
Seems to be working really fine as far as I tested.
Well done ! If I see weird things I'll report but until now, it's relevant with quality pictures.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2016-02-10, 20:30)marcelveldt Wrote: Great idea... but...

Python scripts are actually not supposed to write to skin xml files.
Skin shortcuts is the one big exception addon that may do this while still beiing in the official Kodi repo.

I'm open to this suggestion to have one more "generated" include XML file in which skinhelper may write includes but only if ronie agrees with it.

That said. I'm not sure this will actually work because you'll need a reloadskin if the xml is updated dynamically by the script.
Or maybe, just maybe it will work with the new conditional include for files that was added in Isengard or Jarvis.

Maybe just test by adding a condition file include in one your windows (not in the generic includes.xml), update the file, not reload the skin and see what happens ?

Back on this. Why would you condition include the file outside the main include ? Didn't test I admit but I saw more a pre-formated file like script.skin.helper-constants.xml included by default in the main include file. So the script can check the constant name (already set by default by Skinner) and overrides it with user entry (keyboard or whatever). If it's set in the skin settings window, opening the calling window will refresh the include value. This only doesn't work if you set the value in the calling window, then, that's right, needs a reloadskin (staying in the same window will always keep the included value in cache).
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2016-02-18, 23:09)Rjsachse Wrote: Thanks. Not seeming to work in video osd in a group list for the player controls. Is it because it is a grouplist? Or because the window gets stored in memory.

It should work at all conditions but it's been some time since I last tested/used it.
To what value is the skin string set ? Make sure that it is a full vfs path e.g. special://skin/extras/mytexture.png
(2016-02-19, 18:38)Mike_Doc Wrote: have you changed anything with view selector? It was just showing view name in my dialogselect window but now it's view name [CR] view name (view ID) in what I believe is Listitem.label?

I don't recall changing it, wasn't it like that since the beginning ?
Do you want me to change it ?
It just used to be view name I'm sure when I first plugged it in, if you can check what your actually populating it with that would be ok? I don't know if you changed it for another user so not sure it should be changed back?

could it be connected to this change in mainmodule.py in commit 'bunch of small fixes' from 20 day ago?

- selectedItem = selectView(contenttype, currentView)
+ viewid, viewlabel = selectView(contenttype, currentView)
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2016-02-19, 20:59)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-02-18, 23:09)Rjsachse Wrote: Thanks. Not seeming to work in video osd in a group list for the player controls. Is it because it is a grouplist? Or because the window gets stored in memory.

It should work at all conditions but it's been some time since I last tested/used it.
To what value is the skin string set ? Make sure that it is a full vfs path e.g. special://skin/extras/mytexture.png

Thanks. Yes it is full path. I use SetImage special://skin/textures/texture.png.
The image file manager opens to that path

But when I change string, the image doesn't reload. Even if I manually change the sting in skin settings.xml and restart kodi.

Only way I got it to change is by editing the code and xhanging 1 value on that line refresh skin then change back the value and refresh.

It is in a group list. Have not tried in other list or panels.

I am just trying in confluence video osd to change the osd icons buttons to what the user selected.

Not shore if it is because I have I a texture for diffuse.

I looked through your skin and couldn't find refresh.
Are you using it in your skin?

Edit. To self don't write comments first thing in the morning (bad spelling)

|
V
Hey Marcel,

How does this similarmovie/-show work if you limit the results to 1 and don't provide a IMDB number?
As far as I understand your readme correctly it should pick a random watched movie for the "because you watched.." suggestion each time it will be called, but it never refreshs. Even after a restart of Kodi it stays the same item. It only changes after I start the playback of the suggestion.

Is there any way to randomize the result?

Btw:
A combined list with TV-Shows and Movies would be great Smile Similar to the RecommendedMedia, but without the music part.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
Hey Marcel!

I'm trying to add a "none" button to my color picker dialog (based as the script of course), actually I can't make it work, it doesn't clear the property\string (I'm trying\need both).
I copy\paste from your xml file, and yet - not working.
I saw exception in the log:
http://pastebin.com/TaZwCTV7

I looked into the code a little bit, and I saw this lines:
Code:
if self.skinString and (not colorstring or colorstring == "None"):
            xbmc.executebuiltin("Skin.SetString(%s.name, %s)" %(self.skinString, ADDON.getLocalizedString(32013)))
I think that the fact I translated this string to Hebrew causing the unicode errors. however, even when my Kodi is in English, I cannot reset a property (skinshortcuts items...)
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
Hey Again,
some users complains about skin helper errors, kodi crashes, and black screen issues...
two logs they sent me:
http://www.xbmclogs.com/pqpxmdrnu#line-389
http://xbmclogs.com/p1rtbtwkj#line-2800

Thanks mate.

Edit: one of them installed 0.46 version (and not the latest 0.47) - and it's seems to fix the problem
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
(2016-02-21, 10:57)tomer953 Wrote: some users complains about skin helper errors, kodi crashes, and black screen issues...
two logs they sent me:

Looking at the logs it looks like the zip on the repo is corrupted...
It is missing files
  • 97(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18