• 214(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2016-02-22, 01:09)finalmakerr Wrote: If you follow the 2 min video and spend 10 mins - YouTube plugin will work as before and better (less users on API).

https://youtu.be/5E3dn2OPbp0

Awesome, this worked for me really easily on my win 10 laptop. Now I just have to do it on my minix android box at home (which I tried doing a previous more dificult way which didnt work for me.) Thanks heaps!
(2016-02-22, 01:09)finalmakerr Wrote: If you follow the 2 min video and spend 10 mins - YouTube plugin will work as before and better (less users on API).

https://youtu.be/5E3dn2OPbp0

Thanks for your fix, I have had problems with the previous method, most categories played ok except two gave me errors ...

Code:
Browse channels       = Exception in ContentProvider, Unknown Kind"
Live                  = Project marked for deletion

Now after following your instructions, I have all categories playing ok, MANY THANKS FOR YOUR SOLUTION.

EDIT: I have installed your fix on my Kodi 16.0 installed on Linux Mint, now I need to try it on my Raspberry Pi2 in morning.
Well, my 5.1.16 auto-updated and nothing was working..

I tried to "Sign out" but only received a Kodi error of "Login failed" (weird). I tried 3 or 4 times..

Then I exited Kodi, and re-started it, and started YouTube which asked if I wanted to run the Auto-Setup which I did, after which I noted I was not logged in to my YT acct.

I tried search and Browse Channels and got errors.

I logged in and activated twice as required, and everything works again, EXCEPT "Live", which gets the familiar "Project marked for deletion". Even "Browse Channels" works.

SO, I too wonder if the *.17 I got from the repo came from one of the users in this thread..
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

This is the only downfall you get free OpenSource software. One day, you will wake up and without a previous notice you will find something suddenly depreciated.

Thanks for your previous plug-in work, and good luck onto your new venture.
You need to delete the youtube directory in the $(kodiprofile)/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube. It's pulling a token thats since been deleted.

Unfortunately it will prompt you to do the setup over, but it will fix it.

Jeff

(2016-02-22, 04:10)sevo Wrote: Well, my 5.1.16 auto-updated and nothing was working..

I tried to "Sign out" but only received a Kodi error of "Login failed" (weird). I tried 3 or 4 times..

Then I exited Kodi, and re-started it, and started YouTube which asked if I wanted to run the Auto-Setup which I did, after which I noted I was not logged in to my YT acct.

I tried search and Browse Channels and got errors.

I logged in and activated twice as required, and everything works again, EXCEPT "Live", which gets the familiar "Project marked for deletion". Even "Browse Channels" works.

SO, I too wonder if the *.17 I got from the repo came from one of the users in this thread..
To anyone who has stated that 5.1.17 works for them. Does "My Subscription" also work? Mine comes up blank.
(2016-02-22, 06:39)kasmca Wrote: To anyone who has stated that 5.1.17 works for them. Does "My Subscription" also work? Mine comes up blank.

Just wanted to say that 5.1.17 on jarvis (shield tv) with custom login_client.py credentials also does NOT work with "My Subscriptions". I'm curious what we're missing? I made sure to completely delete the addond and addon_data folders for the plugin as well before making the modifications.
(2016-02-22, 04:57)jdf76 Wrote: You need to delete the youtube directory in the $(kodiprofile)/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube. It's pulling a token thats since been deleted.

Unfortunately it will prompt you to do the setup over, but it will fix it.
The only place there is a "youtube" directory is in ....kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/

This is Android KK, so, there is a "plugin.video.youtube" folder as above, AND a "plugin.video.youtube" folder in .kodi/userdata/profiles/sevo/addon_data, BUT in the latter there is NO "youtube" folder to be found.

I backed up and deleted the only "youtube" subdirectory I initially mentioned and the plugin doesn't start without it so that's not the solution.

Perhaps you meant to delete the entire "plugin.video.youtube" from .kodi/userdata/profiles/sevo/addon_data?

Again, the ONLY thing not working for me is "Live"
I am not going to bother with all that. You tube has made it impossible for those of us who are not code warriors so I will abandon Kode and use the you tube app for windows 10 which works quite well. Goodbye.
(2016-02-22, 07:05)touser Wrote:
(2016-02-22, 06:39)kasmca Wrote: To anyone who has stated that 5.1.17 works for them. Does "My Subscription" also work? Mine comes up blank.

Just wanted to say that 5.1.17 on jarvis (shield tv) with custom login_client.py credentials also does NOT work with "My Subscriptions". I'm curious what we're missing? I made sure to completely delete the addond and addon_data folders for the plugin as well before making the modifications.

Hello, same here. Using Jarvis on Windows 10, My Subscriptions is blank as well, I also deleted both addons before installing the fix and deleted the settings, then after logging in, My Subscriptions is blank. Thanks in advance to the code warrior who can help us out!
*This fix* worked like a charm although my login settings broke just after the keys became invalid so I had to delete them from the userdata folder. >.< Made my own keys and the like so I don't have to worry about the filled quota problem. Thanks activoice and the other helpful peeps! Big Grin

Edit: This was on Kodi 14.2 helix, YT addon 5.1.17, and on Win8.1
(2016-02-22, 12:09)otheym Wrote: I am not going to bother with all that. You tube has made it impossible for those of us who are not code warriors so I will abandon Kode and use the you tube app for windows 10 which works quite well. Goodbye.

Why don't you rollback to 5.1.16 and use your own keys like a lot of us are doing? You don't need to be a "code warrior", the only code change involves editing a single python file and doing some string replacing. Then you're sorted (and I'd change your plugin version to something like 5.2.16 at the same time).
(2016-02-22, 13:37)farbot Wrote:
(2016-02-22, 07:05)touser Wrote:

Hello, same here. Using Jarvis on Windows 10, My Subscriptions is blank as well, I also deleted both addons before installing the fix and deleted the settings, then after logging in, My Subscriptions is blank. Thanks in advance to the code warrior who can help us out!

Same here, My Subscriptions is blank on Raspberry Pi2 OSMC Kodi 16.0 Jarvis (released today) with 5.1.17, even after following the complete activoice and finalmakerr (and his version) tutorials (with and without using my own API keys.)

A lot of the other youtube sections work, but not My Subscription and Popular Right Now
I'm create an add-on with a YouTube playlist. Now I want to play the playlist standard in a random order, in a shuffle so. Is that possible?
This is the Python code: *******************
(2016-02-22, 15:41)RickGAE Wrote: I'm create an add-on with a YouTube playlist. Now I want to play the playlist standard in a random order, in a shuffle so. Is that possible?
This is the Python code: http://pastebin.com/qihV1yNy

It's loaded with crap pirated content
  • 214(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20