Intel Compute Stick (Broadwell - Released 2015)
The apps should connect via your home wifi, not bluetooth.
I have been reading through this thread as I have been looking at the new compute sticks online that are ment to be a lot better than the previous ones from the reviews I have read and I wondered if they are a viable option for useing kodi? I am not very familia With kodi at the moment as have only recently been introduced to it by a friend that had bought a preloaded fire stick, I quickly realised that it was free software and downloaded it onto an old tablet I have but as I haven't been able to cast to the TV yet I was looking for a better option for the long term to be able to use it on my tv
The latest ones should be a lot better, no real reports yet though from users.
(2016-02-23, 12:45)zag Wrote: The latest ones should be a lot better, no real reports yet though from users.

It still hasn't been released yet as far as I know.

Edit: I have been waiting to get one for very long time now.
The Cherry Trail x5-8300 models are up for purchase in the US I believe. No sign of them in Europe (nor the higher spec Core-M processor models anywhere AFAIK)
I stand corrected, just seen a listing on US amazon, I hope the Europe release wouldn't take any longer

Edit: While searching on UK amazon, I found a listing that has the picture of the new stick but actually it is the old stick, so everybody pay extra attention to that. I got excited for nothing Sad
I was looking into the new stick as a possible option for a friend. He doesnt want a visible device so a stick is ideal. His 2 biggest features are streaming content from NAS and streaming Steam from his PC. obviously the $400 core-M would be fine but can the new cheaper model run kodi and stream 1080p content from a NAS and PC without issues?
(2016-02-23, 16:37)fleetingyouth Wrote: I was looking into the new stick as a possible option for a friend. He doesnt want a visible device so a stick is ideal. His 2 biggest features are streaming content from NAS and streaming Steam from his PC. obviously the $400 core-M would be fine but can the new cheaper model run kodi and stream 1080p content from a NAS and PC without issues?

It should be powerful enough yes, but we wont know until someone actually tests it.
Yeah the new sticks are NOT on amazon yet for the US its the old sticks with Windows 10 preinstalled instead of you having to do it yourself. So yeah its rather annoying at times. The new Z8300/8500 SOC should do quite well for Kodi. At least that is all I have been coming across on Amazon US.
Here's the anandtech review of the Cherry Trail compute sticks if it helps make up your mind on one
http://www.anandtech.com/show/9939/the-i...ail-review
Ok amanged to find it on amazon after digging around a bit

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ASB0DJ8 The new Z-8300 Cherry Trail model
Thanks!

New thread for the 2016 model, please continue discussion there

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=261371

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Compute Stick (Broadwell - Released 2015)0