• 160(current)
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2016-02-24, 18:55)wurlizer1928 Wrote:
(2016-02-24, 18:30)alphabetagaga Wrote: my ocd would mean i would have to start from scratch even if it was time consuming. just so i knew that i started with a vanilla install and setup Tongue

I know what you mean. Sometimes it is better to start clean from scratch but in the last couple of months I have finally got KODI set up to my liking and it involved many web searches, watching YT videos, discussion boards....

Then just backup your Kodi settings. Install ES File Explorer, and in ES turn on Show Hidden Files, navigate to /Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files, copy the .kodi folder to some other location (this can take a while).

Do a Factory Reset, then reinstall Kodi. Once installed, launch it once, then close it. Then reverse the ES File Explorer instructions and copy your old .kodi folder and paste/overwrite the new .kodi folder. Once done Kodi will be just like it was.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Tinwarble: Thanks, I have done the backup and ordered the Shield so next week the fun will begin.
(2016-02-24, 23:37)Tinwarble Wrote: Install ES File Explorer, and in ES turn on Show Hidden Files,

You should try X-plore File Manager, I have found it far easier to use than ES. It works far better without a mouse unlike ES which can be a bit of a mess.
(2016-02-25, 05:43)Hiphopopotamus Wrote:
(2016-02-24, 23:37)Tinwarble Wrote: Install ES File Explorer, and in ES turn on Show Hidden Files,

You should try X-plore File Manager, I have found it far easier to use than ES. It works far better without a mouse unlike ES which can be a bit of a mess.

I don't have any problems using ESFE with just my remote.

I admit though, navigation isn't exactly straight forward, but I guess I'm use to it now. Wink
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Err... Keyboard/remote navigation is so FU on ES that you'd think they did it on purpose Wink

MiXplorer is the best!!!
Living Room: TV LG OLED55C9PLA, Onkyo TX-NR808, Xbox One S, Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), PS3, Wii, Cambridge Audio Azur 640C, Wharfedale Diamond 9.4 / 9 CS / 9.1, Sub BK Gemini, Logitech 650 Remote
(2016-02-25, 09:32)Koying Wrote: Err... Keyboard/remote navigation is so FU on ES that you'd think they did it on purpose Wink

I concur. Absolute nightmare.
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
Agreed. Absolute crapshoot on the sequence of buttons I need to press to get the cursor on its intended location.
(2016-02-25, 12:37)onesolo Wrote:

MiXplorer is the best!!!

I installed last week after someone (you?) suggested it. It did not respond to a single command from IR remote, Shield controller or remote. I shut and opened it several times but got no love every time; as such uninstalled it. It was version 6.1.2Beta_B1602163

I felt like I was playing some kind of secret game with ES every time I tried to use it without a mouse. X-Plore is not perfect, but it is a million times easier to use.
(2016-02-16, 11:59)plinkyplonky Wrote:
(2016-01-27, 21:24)e3henri Wrote: I have direct ISO rips (no transcoding, just removing the menues and not needed audio tracks).
They are normal PAL 50hz 576i.

They play fine on boxee box (and other media players), but on Shield/kodi it can result in stuttering (often resolved by stopping and resuming the file - reported by other as well), and you are saying that it is not a Shield problem?

Yes the SATV currently stutters badly on PAL interlaced material, usually after playing for about 20 minutes. A stop and restart resolves it but it is very annoying. It affects 576i and 1080i material for me, I don't have 60hz interlaced material to test it as all my interlaced videos are PAL/50hz.

I was waiting for the next release of KODI before logging a bug report in-case the new version fixed it.

Lip sync also appears to drift about but I haven't managed to get a consistent result yet.
I think I know what is going on here as I've seen very similar problems with Mediacodec(stagefright) playing mpeg2 Interlaced material on a new AMLogic S905, even mediacodec on a AML S8xx displays the same issue.

Simply put mediacodec does not handle mpeg2 interlaced material very well at all. If you attach a Keyboard and hit the "O" key I suspect you will find software decoding is taking place using dc:ff-mpeg2. If that is the case Software deinterlacing is also occurring. I would fiddle with the OSD Video settings and change deinterlacing from Auto to something else.

This appears to be a Google OS mediacodec mpeg2 Android issue. Bug reports will need to go to Google themselves one would think.

Is anyone able to get a FTP client to work on the Shield TV? I usually stream movies from a remote linux server via FTP to kodi but I can't get it to connect to the ftp server. I tried ES File Explorer as well to try and connect to the FTP server but it's also not working. I don't know if this a bug with Shield TV? But it works fine on my old android TV box.
(2016-02-25, 17:54)joazito Wrote: Agreed. Absolute crapshoot on the sequence of buttons I need to press to get the cursor on its intended location.

Re ES Explorer

I am new to this and saw the app recommended everywhere so I installed it. I thought the navigation problems were just me. Its horrible!
Hoping someone can help... I'm looking to get a new AV receiver and my first choice is the Denon AVR-X2200, however I've read numerous posts saying that the Nvidia Shield TV & Denon amps don't get along.

The 3.0 release mentioned improved support for Denon, can anyone advise if the issues are now resolved?

Many thanks in advance, especially to the developers.
I have the Denon x2200w AVR and the only thing not working is the adjustment of the framerate. But that might be due to the HDCP 2.2 of the AVR and the shield whereas my TV only supports 1080p and HDMI 1.4. So the TV only supports an older version of HDCP.
If you use a UHD TV with HDCP 2.2 everything should be fine.
Brilliant, thanks Jemus. Yes it'll be a 4K TV so I shouldn't even have that issue then, although I could live with that anyway...

Just to check, are you using the HD audio passthrough Beta version? http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252852
  • 160(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9