• 103(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
Yes, it is just fork or mod of Kodi Jarvis. To comply with all rules we changed logo, name and some other things.
(2016-02-26, 12:49)drogery Wrote: Hi,

is there a way to have a proper ambilight project for this little device? (something or exactly like this)

Hi,

At the moment there is no way to make it work, because there is no amvideocap.0 device present. You can follow this thread on wetek forum for updates. It will probably be sorted sometime after new decoder for AMLogic based devices is done. Please someone of the developers or someone with more information correct me if I'm wrong.
Thats right skodilak
(2016-02-26, 15:36)Grod Wrote: [The main reason I want this unit is for use with Kodi. I want to see the cover art and info, like on my main PC using Kodi. As far as overall speed and responsiveness goes, would you rate the Wetek core as very good? Can one do better, or is it much of a muchness with media players these days? I'm not very clued up with media players, but my friend has a 3 year old Mede8ter X250 and it's very sluggish in operation.
Android Lollipop 5.1.1 is an ART Optimised Google OS running on the Core and its a pretty snappy OS compared to Android KitKat.

The fork (or version) of Kodi on the Core - the WeTek mediaplayer is nearly as fast as OpenELEC running on the Core, and that is saying something. You will not have to worry about speed or sluggishness, especially when combined with the super responsive RF Wireless remote control.
There has been a bunch of design thought go into that little thing as well. Remote button press depth as just one example Smile

(2016-02-26, 15:50)droidelec Wrote: Yes, it is just fork or mod of Kodi Jarvis. To comply with all rules we changed logo, name and some other things.

What other things did you change? If I had the normal Kodi installed, how would it differ? Are there any features missing?

I just want to be clear regarding this as I want the full functionality of Kodi. Can you show a pic of the menu?
It's Kodi, but the WeTek Media Player has only the passtough for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master

Beside that you won't even know it's WeTek Media Player...

Everything is Kodi
@Theetjuh
HD audio is scheduled for 17.x (fritsch' commits are already merged into master) and also should be the new decoder that our colleague codesnake is working on in these weeks, it's not that I enjoy doing a fork for just a couple of commits Smile
So it's only for Jarvis untill Krypton is stable?
Never mind then... 'problem' solved in less then a year!
LG 77G1 • Onkyo TX-RZ70 • Q Acoustics F:2050i C:2000Ci R:2020i A:QI65C • 2x BK Elec XXLS400-DF
Vero V (OSMC) • Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019) • Sony UBP-X800M2 • Sony PlayStation 5
It is my understanding that for HD audio passthrough to work on other S8xx devices, Android API level 21 or higher is required. It will not work on API Level 19 which is what 99% of other S8xx devices have. As for S905 devices, I think it will work on all others because they all have API level 22.
The OT fight was moved to http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=262019
Hi,
Can somebody please tell me if the Wetek Core can be connected to a Dac using the USB out? For 2 channels Audio?
I would like to use it with Kodi, USB Audio Player Pro and Spotify within Android.
Still waiting for mine since end of Jannuary Sad
Thanks
(2016-02-27, 21:11)wesk05 Wrote: It is my understanding that for HD audio passthrough to work on other S8xx devices, Android API level 21 or higher is required. It will not work on API Level 19 which is what 99% of other S8xx devices have. As for S905 devices, I think it will work on all others because they all have API level 22.

Yes but, moreover, S8xx LP SDK does not support it out of the box, if the OEM limits to just type "lunch n200-userdebug && make -jX otapackage" it's not going to be supported though because you have to port the required stuff from 905 SDK.

@JoBcn
USB audio devices are supported but will cause issues with some apps, one of them is Netflix. As a rule of thumb since Android ain't Linux everything that you plug in might (and probably will) break something. It does not have the same flexibility that a fully featured Linux distro has.
Thanks Christian. I knew that there are some problems with Netflix and the USB Audio out but I am not using Netflix. I only wanted to know if somebody used a Dac with other music apps within Android.
By the way many thanks for the help you and others are giving to newbies like me. That makes live more easy. Waiting for my Core :-)
Unless you have to connect it using an analog connection (or need to drive a pro-grade headset) I'd just use the spdif port
I hearing whispers and word from the WeTek melting pot some Italian bloke has donned his Sherlock Holmes Hat and broken out the special magnifying glass to go and do some serious detective work on the Core's Android Kernel !

Lets just say those interested in Video sync are going to be very pleased.
That is all the cryptic clues I will give out... Wink

• 103(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4