TV scan channels
Hi Everyone,

I don't know why but i can't scan channels by kodi UI. When tap "search for channels" then I get message "None on the connected PVR backends supports scanning for channels". I'm using tvheadend and on another pc mythtv-backend, both working property (when i'm scanning via backends) and i'm able to watching tv by kodi and effect is the same while trying to scanning by kodi UI. There is any possibility to do that? or maybe curl command?

Regards
I don't understand your question. Are you saying you want to initiate a channel scan in the mythtv backend via Kodi?

IIRC, channel scanning is part of mythtv-setup, which should be run when myth-backend is not running. Then after the channel scan is completed and you exit mythtv-setup, you start myth-backend back up, and run mythfilldatabase. Since channel scanning and/or using the channel editor happens when the backend is not running, there is no way for Kodi to interface with the backend to initiate it.
[quote='rpcameron' pid='2258319' dateline='1456411089']
I don't understand your question. Are you saying you want to initiate a channel scan in the mythtv backend via Kodi?

Yes, you understood correctly my question, and I know sequence of configuring this backends.
It's bad that can not scan, so tell me what giving "search for channels" button? if searching channels from backend then its not much useful.
Where are you seeing the "Search for channels" button? What is the context? If it is the main page of the LIveTV settings, then my understanding is that it searches for channels that the backend provider offers so you can use Kodi's channel manager to assign channel numbers and groups; I do not believe that this option has anything to do with initiating a channel scan of the tuner hardware, only reading that is offered by the backend.

With Mythtv, your best option is to use mythtv-setup to manage your channels and groups, then have Kodi use the channel numbers and groups provided by the backend.
You don't need to scan for channels. That's for mythtv-setup
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
"Search for channels" is into skin "Amber", SETTINGS->KODI->TV->GENERAL->SEARCH FOR CHANNELS.

Everything what you tell me, i already know. I need EXACTLY one thing, initialize scan channels by kodi interface or bash command which i use into kodi skin.

I wrote on the forum tvheadend and mythtv but no one responds.
Code:
https://tvheadend.org/boards/14/topics/20089
https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1340&p=6408#p6408
The initial channel scan must happen in your backend. You cannot initiate one from Kodi.

The Kodi option to scan for channels is to read them in from the backend, not from your LiveTV source.

MythTV and Tvheadend are very different from one another in their setup and channel assignments. MythTV's wiki has some great pages on setup. Tvheadend's documentation is quite lacking at the moment, which makes configuration difficult.

In either case, what you are looking for is not a feature of Kodi, and cannot be accessed through Kodi's interface. (Yes, I know what the menu option says about scanning channels, but that is for a different purpose than what you are asking for.)
(2016-02-26, 15:57)rpcameron Wrote: The initial channel scan must happen in your backend. You cannot initiate one from Kodi.
The Kodi option to scan for channels is to read them in from the backend, not from your LiveTV source.
I counted that you can help me to makes it by kodi. Maybe somehow handle with it by myself in another way

(2016-02-26, 15:57)rpcameron Wrote: In either case, what you are looking for is not a feature of Kodi, and cannot be accessed through Kodi's interface. (Yes, I know what the menu option says about scanning channels, but that is for a different purpose than what you are asking for.)
forget about this button, it is as you say.. it's not my purposeSmile

Thanks you for your effort.
Hi community

I have a situation similar to Kasjer. I'm trying to make the Tvheadend backend to scan channels from Kodi UI interface. In my knowledge as User/Developer of Kodi, the option at Setting/TV/General/Search for channel is to instruct the backend to scan channel if it's supported. Actually the pvr.hts don't support it. I'm trying to support it because k'm using Kodi to see LiveTV in diferents regions with the same services buy using different frequencies for each regions. I can configure it easy, but others users can't do it, that's why i want to make this automatically from Kodi UI.

I have saw at PVR base that the function StartChannelScan is called to start this action but it is not defined in the pvr.hts. I have tried to implement it but don't worked for me. If some one can instruct for another PVR that implements this functionality or help me.

Best regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV scan channels0