[split;OT rant] WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / Android Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
Is the WeTek Media Player aka Kodi going to be another Folklore of Kodi?
Or are you guy trying rebrand Kodi like other manufacturers?

Thanks!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
The problem is that:
a) the regular Android Kodi Jarvis does not provide for HD Audio Passthrough on the WeTek Core.
b) same with HD Audio decoded to Multichannel PCM Audio
c) mpeg2 / vob DVD movie rips will not play properly unless patched on AML devices.
d) same issue with mpeg4 content.
e) other optimisations and tweaks for the Core cannot be included in mainstream Kodi Android versions.

So the only option is to Rebrand Kodi Jarvis completely and package a modified Fork of it if you actually want to take near full advantage of the Hardware capabilities.

So this the same as ViDon XBMC?
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2016-02-26, 20:07)wrxtasy Wrote: The problem is that:
a) the regular Android Kodi Jarvis does not provide for HD Audio Passthrough on the WeTek Core.
b) same with HD Audio decoded to Multichannel PCM Audio
c) mpeg2 / vob DVD movie rips will not play properly unless patched on AML devices.
d) same issue with mpeg4 content.
e) other optimisations and tweaks for the Core cannot be included in mainstream Kodi Android versions.

So the only option is to Rebrand Kodi Jarvis completely and package a modified Fork of it if you actually want to take near full advantage of the Hardware capabilities.

Huh?
https://github.com/christiantroy/xbmc/tr...aPlayer-v1

If VidOn has everything accessible to anyone without asking a dime to anyone, without some kind of subscriptions for extra stuff and with its code open source then yes, it's like VidOn
Smile.

VidOn will likely fully comply w/GPL as soon as you guys implement 3D MVC Wink. They already lost the 'only we have HD audio' via VidOn Pro boasting value.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-02-26, 20:07)wrxtasy Wrote: So the only option is to Rebrand Kodi Jarvis completely and package a modified Fork of it if you actually want to take near full advantage of the Hardware capabilities.
Not something you want I guess, are people working on trying to including AMLogic stuff in mainstream?
LG 77G1 • Onkyo TX-RZ70 • Q Acoustics F:2050i C:2000Ci R:2020i A:QI65C • 2x BK Elec XXLS400-DF
Vero V (OSMC) • Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019) • Sony UBP-X800M2 • Sony PlayStation 5
I just want everyone treated fair,@wrxtasy made a whole stink about ViDon and now WeTeK is doing somewhat the same.At least to my understanding or maybe I am wrong.

I just need some clarification.
(2016-02-26, 22:19)movie78 Wrote: I just want everyone treated fair,@wrxtasy made a whole stink about ViDon and now WeTeK is doing somewhat the same.At least to my understanding or maybe I am wrong.

Sure, everybody need to be treated as deserved, but it is not fair to put us in same sentence with VidOn, and this is why:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2234152

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2234184

We keep WeTek Media Player which is fork of Kodi Jarvis mainly because our WeTek Core which is S812-H based device, so people that can live with stutter each 41 second but in same time to have functional HD Audio passthrough. Anyway already all changes are added by fritsch in actual Kodi version.

So once more, our work around Kodi was always public, and will remain public, including current work on AMLogic decoder which will keep not only our but also devices of other companies which are based on AMLogic in game.

I hope everything is clear now.
(2016-02-26, 22:19)movie78 Wrote: I just want everyone treated fair,@wrxtasy made a whole stink about ViDon and now WeTeK is doing somewhat the same.At least to my understanding or maybe I am wrong.

It's simple. Wetek adheres to the open source nature of Kodi and does not hide their code from developers. Further they are actually working directly with Kodi developers so that any new improvements can be shared with other Andoid AMlogic devices. ViDon does not do open source as its box is subscription based and they basically hide the code for their questionable claims of what it can actually do.
(2016-02-26, 22:34)droidelec Wrote:

Sure, everybody need to be treated as deserved, but it is not fair to put us in same sentence with VidOn, and this is why:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2234152

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2234184

We keep WeTek Media Player which is fork of Kodi Jarvis mainly because our WeTek Core which is S812-H based device, so people that can live with stutter each 41 second but in same time to have functional HD Audio passthrough. Anyway already all changes are added by fritsch in actual Kodi version.

So once more, our work around Kodi was always public, and will remain public, including current work on AMLogic decoder which will keep not only our but also devices of other companies which are based on AMLogic in game.

I hope everything is clear now.

Good!

So until Kodi 17 comes out WeTek Kodi is the version to get for Amlogic Box? Which works pretty good and free...
We always advise users to use only and only official Kodi Smile

Of course if users care about HD Audio passthrough at WeTek Core and can live with thing to see stutter every 41 sec. like CristianTroy explained, they can use WeTek Media Player.

Some users use it at other S905 devices and they report that it is working fine on them. Just for curiosity, we made some tests on our WeTek Streamer device which is for B2B, it runs on 5.1.1 based on S805, there WeTek Media Player works good with HD audio passthrough option. We think it is big deal for S8xx devices.
Withdrawn as the post confused a bunch of readers.... Wink

(2016-02-27, 00:16)droidelec Wrote: We always advise users to use only and only official Kodi Smile

Of course if users care about HD Audio passthrough at WeTek Core and can live with thing to see stutter every 41 sec. like CristianTroy explained, they can use WeTek Media Player.

Some users use it at other S905 devices and they report that it is working fine on them. Just for curiosity, we made some tests on our WeTek Streamer device which is for B2B, it runs on 5.1.1 based on S805, there WeTek Media Player works good with HD audio passthrough option. We think it is big deal for S8xx devices.

so we can just install a recent Kodi Nightly and get the same passthrough support thats offered in the wetek media player fork currently right?
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
yes: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/62c0...d4443df3bc

if you take a look at the commit list of the re-branded WeTek Media Player you will see there are another bunch of commits, one that for me is crucial the way I use my device... being able to have it suspend while Kodi is playing something -> https://github.com/christiantroy/xbmc/co...1561b87ee4

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split;OT rant] WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / Android Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)0