How to setup repeating timers (epg based) in Jarvis?
I was happy to read the announcemant of Jarvis intoducing enhanced support for series recordings. I've been using VDR for a while and up to now I was able to set up search timers e.g. via live plugin. However, I have noy yet been successful at setting up repeating epg-based timers from Jarvis GUI (and yes, I am using the default confluence skin). Only one time (epg based) tmer type is availabe (along with regular one time and repeating timer).

I am running the current Jarvis release on Ubunut with pvr.vdr.vnsi addon and vdr 2.2.0 backend with VNSI server plugin form yavdr stable repository.

Is this a knwon current restriction with VNSI server or is my setup messed up?
pvr.vdr.vnsi does not support the new Jarvis series recording features. I don't know the reasons, may be the add-on maintainer not yet had the time to do it or that there are technical our functions difficulties.
(2016-02-27, 10:12)ksooo Wrote: pvr.vdr.vnsi does not support the new Jarvis series recording features. I don't know the reasons, may be the add-on maintainer not yet had the time to do it or that there are technical our functions difficulties.

One reason is that you did not implement the functions required for search timers as I suggested.
What I remember is that you once suggested in a personal email to implement series recording logic inside Kodi for the backends not providing this functionality. You are referring to this? While I still find this useful, I have not found the time and tbh had not the mood to implement this feature. I personally don't need it and don't have experience with it and have no test environment for it. But as everything in the project is fine voluntarily I do not feel "guilty" in any way. ;-)
(2016-02-27, 14:35)ksooo Wrote: What I remember is that you once suggested in a personal email to implement series recording logic inside Kodi for the backends not providing this functionality. You are referring to this?

No. I requested a particular type of input in order to set a search timer. You answered that this could be done in some future version but apparently never happened.
(2016-02-27, 18:32)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2016-02-27, 14:35)ksooo Wrote: What I remember is that you once suggested in a personal email to implement series recording logic inside Kodi for the backends not providing this functionality. You are referring to this?

No. I requested a particular type of input in order to set a search timer. You answered that this could be done in some future version but apparently never happened.

Oops, sorry. I honestly do not remember. What exactly is missing? Feel free to send me an email with the details.
I'm glad your conversation might lead to a "fix" in future releases. Ayn chance we might see this already in one of the Jarvis 16.x releases?

I guess many users woud appreciate having VNSI support repeating epg based timers.

Thanks
vnsi users can also use vdr ui (which is available in Kodi) for programming timers.

Quote:Ayn chance we might see this already in one of the Jarvis 16.x releases?

.x releases include only bugfixes, never new features.
(2016-02-27, 20:07)FernetMenta Wrote: vnsi users can also use vdr ui (which is available in Kodi) for programming timers.
I'd prefer setting up searchtimers in live plugin. The clientspecific vdr ui in KODI does not have a very high WAF... Wink
(2016-02-27, 20:07)FernetMenta Wrote: .x releases include only bugfixes, never new features.
Just did a brief check installing tvheadend which seems to support both one time and repeating timers with support for epg search. I admit I am not at all familar with the details but it looked to me as if the feature is alreay available in KODI but just needed some fixing for VNSI...
Would be too bad to wait for Krypton ... but I'll be patient if I have to.

Thanks
Again, Kodi UI lacks an appropriate input method for creating search timers for epgsearch.
Understood.
Happy to return to VNSI & VDR once the feature is added.

Thanks
(2016-02-28, 10:14)FernetMenta Wrote: Again, Kodi UI lacks an appropriate input method for creating search timers for epgsearch.

If I only would know what exactly is missing. There is already the possibility to input an epg search string in the timer settings dialog if the add-on defines an appropriate timer type. Interpretation of this string (regexp, whatever) to setup a "epg search timer" in the backend is up to the add-on, then. Kodi simply transfers whatever has been typed in to the add-on.
Right, I overlooked this search string. Could be possible to get it implemented with this.
Cool. Let me know if I can be of help.
thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to setup repeating timers (epg based) in Jarvis?0