Problems with Albumartist and mbid tags (Why is Kodi so unpredictable....)
Quote:I have 13 albums in my library folder named "The Bee Gees". In the above screenshot, only two (2) of them are included. The rest is gone. How can that be explained?

You have done a search and are looking at results. Only 2 Bee Gees albums has "Gees" in the title, so it has found those. Too see all their albums go to artist node, click Bee Gees and the next layer is albums. Or make playlist rules, serach mode is limited.

Also you have tagged TPE1 = Bee Gees/Some other artist, when others are featured on a track. Kodi sees "Bee Gees/Some other artist" as an artist. The default item separator is space slash space, so "Bee Gees / Fred Blogs" would see Fred Blogs as an artist. Seeing all artists, or just the album/primanry ones is an option.

Web interface, yes I would like one like that too but AFAIK it doesn't exist (yet).

Brief, probably garbled answers. Longer when I get back.
(2016-03-01, 20:38)DaveBlake Wrote: You have done a search and are looking at results.
Yes, I'm sorry for this - I realized my mistake while on the subway home.

(2016-03-01, 20:38)DaveBlake Wrote: Web interface, yes I would like one like that too but AFAIK it doesn't exist (yet).
Have you checked this one out: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=102772
and its accompanying video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKpkFmlLlW0
This one looks to me like what we are seeking, but I could not understand how to install it...
Perhaps you understand more of this than I do?
what you are speaking of is called remote desktop, not a web interface.
(2016-03-01, 12:41)oyvindo Wrote: New Question:
I have tried a number of different "webinterfaces" with Kodi, and they are all more or less great for the purpose they've been written to serve. But I have yet to find one that offers what I am looking for. Let me explain:
I'm in my office right now, remotely connected to my Kodi server (NAS). The primary output device for Kodi is my television back home. So how do you think I managed to make the above screencapture from this remote location??
Well, I didn't. It cannot be done unless I find a webinterface that will allow me to see exactly the same thing in a browser that I see on my television.
This is a feature that I really miss. Do you know if a solution exist?

Enable UPnP services on the Kodi server, then install Kodi on office PC and then you can add the Kodi server as a UPnP source. You can then browse the same Library as held by the Kodi server and either play on the local Kodi client or play on the Kodi server.

These videos will explain some of it better.

No, no, you don't understand the issue. Please re-read my post.
I am not looking for a remote DLNA control point.
You'll have to explain better exactly what you want to achieve then, if its not network control of a Kodi instance but a remote display then no webrowser is going to give that, in which case as has been mentioned what you seek is remote desktop.
(2016-03-02, 00:00)helta Wrote: what you are speaking of is called remote desktop, not a web interface.

That may be. However, no one seems to be 100% consistent in their terminology, so I wouldn't know.
I do not refer to "screen mirroring" of my TV inside a web browser (although I admit that that would solve my problem).
DaveBlake seemed to understand exactly what I was looking for. If a 'remote desktop' exist, that I'm prepared to give it a try.

Without such a feature, Kodi is hard to manage and maintain in a user friendly manner. As an example, right now, I'm on a business trip. I have full remote access to my NAS where Kodi runs, but I do not have a tool that allows me to manage (not play) my Kodi setup, settings, Add-ons etc.etc. and actually see the effect it has on my TV screen at home.

However, as I already mentioned, this Addon ( http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=102772) which the author calls a webinterface, seems to do what I need, but I am unable to understand how to install it, and the author seems to have vanished off the face of the earth.
Can't you do that via HD Station in the Qnap?
No. That's just the problem. HD station only supports HDMI output.
Then I don't think that what you want to do is possible while you run Kodi on a Qnap NAS as the NAS limits what you can do, to do full remote management you need something that will run remote desktop software such as a proper x86 PC.
This is not a limitation of the server nor HD station, but a Kodi limitation. I have a number of Apps running under HD station and they all support remote management via a normal web interface.
I have no experience running Kodi off a PC. I guess it has to be HTPC with HDMI output to be able to support a TV, right? So how do you switch between seeing Kodi on the TV versus seeing Kodi on your PC monitor?
(2016-03-02, 12:50)oyvindo Wrote: This is not a limitation of the server nor HD station, but a Kodi limitation. I have a number of Apps running under HD station and they all support remote management via a normal web interface.

Those apps are probably designed to run as server apps on headless devices, Kodi however started out life as a purely client app and has gained some server like features over time. So yes Kodi is limited however the NAS is also limited in that HD Station is designed to allow it to run desktop apps however doesn't provide a full desktop environment that can be remotely connected to.

(2016-03-02, 12:50)oyvindo Wrote: I have no experience running Kodi off a PC. I guess it has to be HTPC with HDMI output to be able to support a TV, right? So how do you switch between seeing Kodi on the TV versus seeing Kodi on your PC monitor?

You either have a PC with dual display functionality or each display requires it's own client device to run Kodi.
re: qnap - those are web apps. source, I have a qnap.

what you want to do is install VNCon the kodi machine or teamviewer depending on what you would like to achieve
To my knowledge, neither VNC or TeamViewer is available in a version compatible with HD Station and able to capture HDMI out.

Could someone please - with more knowledge than I have - take a look at this http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=102772
and try to install it, and if it works, explain to me how to get it installed ?
I'm sorry. I did not realize that you were running the QNAP kodi package. You are posting in the wrong forum as that is something that QNAP would have to add to their package.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with Albumartist and mbid tags (Why is Kodi so unpredictable....)0