• 204(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Do you have sometimes kodi.exe crashes?

I have quite often those crashes. In the event manager it's said that ntdll.dll is the root cause, most of the time. Sometimes it can be another file.

If someone who :
- is on W10
- have a nvidia
- don't have any kind of bug/crash
could give me :
- what madVR/LAV Filters version he's using
- what nvidia drivers version he's using
- screen cap of every page of madVR/LAV Filters/DSPlayer config
so that I can try to clone my config to his.... it would be hugely appreciated, because I'm starting to be fed up to have so many problems since i moved to W10, but not resigned enough to downgrade to W7.

TIA!
(2016-03-01, 01:55)Derek Wrote:
(2016-02-29, 15:37)danjames92 Wrote:
(2016-02-29, 05:58)Hisma Wrote: I am having an annoying problem and hoping someone here knows the solution. I have a 4K TV and I run kodi at 2160p. But most content is obviously 1080p. So whenever I launch a video that is 1080p, the picture is extremely zoomed in and unwatchable. If I press escape and then go back to the video, the video is resized to 2160p. Any way I can get kodi to properly resize the video so it matches the source, but I can still run kodi at 2160p? I didn't have this problem when running standard kodi, so it has something to do w/ dsplayer.

thanks
edit: it appears that kodi resolution doesn't matter. all video launches extremely zoomed in. Whenever I launch a video I have to escape back to kodi while the video is still playing, and then go back to the movie for it to size properly.

Check MadVR config allows for 2160p23 / 2160p24 in the options.

Personally i use 1080p and let my TV do the work as it does it so well, worth a try rather than mega problems, i dont really notice any difference but my TV upscales awesomely.

If your GPU is reasonably powerful, madVR would do a better job.
(2016-03-01, 12:52)djoole Wrote: Do you have sometimes kodi.exe crashes?

I have quite often those crashes. In the event manager it's said that ntdll.dll is the root cause, most of the time. Sometimes it can be another file.

If someone who :
- is on W10
- have a nvidia
- don't have any kind of bug/crash
could give me :
- what madVR/LAV Filters version he's using
- what nvidia drivers version he's using
- screen cap of every page of madVR/LAV Filters/DSPlayer config
so that I can try to clone my config to his.... it would be hugely appreciated, because I'm starting to be fed up to have so many problems since i moved to W10, but not resigned enough to downgrade to W7.

TIA!

My settings are in the set up guide. I've had the odd crash when playing streaming (video add-on) sources with LAV Splitter Source + DSPlayer, but other content has been reliable. I am using a GTS 450 with the most recent drivers.

You might want to try using MPC-HC as an external player to see if DSPlayer is the problem.
(2016-03-01, 21:57)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-03-01, 01:55)Derek Wrote:
(2016-02-29, 15:37)danjames92 Wrote: Check MadVR config allows for 2160p23 / 2160p24 in the options.

Personally i use 1080p and let my TV do the work as it does it so well, worth a try rather than mega problems, i dont really notice any difference but my TV upscales awesomely.

If your GPU is reasonably powerful, madVR would do a better job.

Its as good as i could get at the time (980) but my TV considering its size is AWESOME at upscaling i notice no difference but its maybe my eyes i simply love my tv its my fav thing ive bought in a while; can some1 tell me is a USB - CEC Adapter worth getting?
even though its size its still only like 50kg my old tv was 1.4 tones, i wanted to get a cheap 4k tv but i folded.

My settings are in the set up guide. I've had the odd crash when playing streaming (video add-on) sources with LAV Splitter Source + DSPlayer, but other content has been reliable. I am using a GTS 450 with the most recent drivers.

You might want to try using MPC-HC as an external player to see if DSPlayer is the problem.
[/quote]

I found i have 0 crashes using an external player but im currently using DVDPlayer atm as the upscaling is working so well
(2016-03-02, 01:51)Derek Wrote:
(2016-03-01, 22:00)Warner306 Wrote:

A lot of jokes about madVR not doing anything for you. So why are you in the DSPlayer thread?
Bump, how can I solve this, anyone?

(2016-02-26, 16:55)Uoppi Wrote: When trying to play back an index.bdmv file of a Blu-Ray folder, I get an error in the log:
"ERROR: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Extension "mpls" not found. Please check mediasconfig.xml"

I then copy-pasted the mediasconfig.xml to "AppData - Roaming - Kodi - userdata" folder and added "mpls" to go after "mkv" (so that the line reads "mkv|mpls") but the error persists.

What am I doing wrong? The index.bdmv can be played back just fine using DVDPlayer.
You need to put mediasconfig in dsplayer subfolder not userdata.Also you need filters config file as well.
I have made no jokes?

I think DSPlayer is awesome and MadVR is equally good but i AM allowed to have other opinions or u are in Scotland but i did appreciate your insight and i do nothing but compliment YOU on many threads so whats the problem.

Also where do i state madVR not doing anything for me.

Tia

Derek
This has been discussed before, Video addons tends to has problem with Lavsource. Usually when there are errors ,hiccup or buffering in stream. Lavsource is usually crashed or throwback to screen. While DVDPlayer usually cope better. Nothing to do with DSplayer.

Popular and high speed sites like youtube or dailymotion seems ok with Lavsouce & DSPlayer.
(2016-03-02, 18:49)Derek Wrote: I have made no jokes?

I think DSPlayer is awesome and MadVR is equally good but i AM allowed to have other opinions or u are in Scotland but i did appreciate your insight and i do nothing but compliment YOU on many threads so whats the problem.

Also where do i state madVR not doing anything for me.

Tia

Derek

You said you prefer to upscale 1080p content with your TV rather than madVR. This means you didn't get to first base in understanding what madVR does (it is a primarily a video scaler). If you are not using madVR, are you here for the subtitle filters (XySubFilter, VSFilter), video decoders (LAV Filters) or ReClock? Otherwise, there is no point in using DSPlayer when regular Kodi is available.

Why are you using DSPlayer if you don't like what it does?

I'm not sure that is a serious question, but you are posting in a support thread for DSPlayer, so you don't make any sense. I'm not sure if I am supposed to ignore your posts or take them seriously.
I have no idea how to answer this:

And i'll say it again WHERE did i say i didn't like what DSPlayer or MadVR does?

Your making me think these are my options:

1. I use MadVR / DSPlayer ALL THE TIME Exclusively
2. I upscale using my TV ALL THE TIME Exclusively

otherwise i cant post here?

I just got a new TV which upscales amazingly so yes for now i.e. maybe an hour maybe 24; maybe 48 i'll let the TV upscale but i do love the idea of MadVR and am a huge fan on DSPlayer I even mentioned its maybe my eyes that cant notice the difference.

I just didn't realise i had to choose one or the other? But i enjoy your posts and your knowledge; except your need to attack me so lets just leave it there, i think there has been some kind of misunderstanding here or did we loose the war?

Cheers

Derek
(2016-03-02, 22:56)Derek Wrote: I have no idea how to answer this:

And i'll say it again WHERE did i say i didn't like what DSPlayer or MadVR does?

Your making me think these are my options:

1. I use MadVR / DSPlayer ALL THE TIME Exclusively
2. I upscale using my TV ALL THE TIME Exclusively

otherwise i cant post here?

I just got a new TV which upscales amazingly so yes for now i.e. maybe an hour maybe 24; maybe 48 i'll let the TV upscale but i do love the idea of MadVR and am a huge fan on DSPlayer I even mentioned its maybe my eyes that cant notice the difference.

I just didn't realise i had to choose one or the other? But i enjoy your posts and your knowledge; except your need to attack me so lets just leave it there, i think there has been some kind of misunderstanding here or did we loose the war?

Cheers

Derek

I'm not attacking you. I just was just curious as to what you like about DSPlayer compared to regular Kodi. Your posts go against the advice I would give to other users, which is confusing.

You should do some reading before dispensing advice, or you sound like a crackpot. The set up manual is available for this purpose.
No problem Smile

EDIT:

Ive just run them side by side and you sir are correct i stand corrected and feel like a right cnut but

But honestly the upscaling is very good its on a 79UF860V if your interested at all, its all to do with the distance from the screen

Thanks again

Derek
  • 204(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47