• 44(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
(2016-03-02, 13:07)ronie Wrote: your kodi advancedsettings.xml file seems to be corrupt.

I shortened the log file manually, the full log shows my advancedsettings.xml loads fine. Didn't see the need to post everything.

I checked the logs after the latest normal Kodi shutdown, while it didn't crash, I still found the same screensaver error.
The only difference this time around is nothing was paused at the time of the error. So it's either only an issue when something is paused or it's unrelated to the screensaver and something else crashed Kodi without logging.

I keep an eye on the next few log files.
(2016-03-02, 14:02)mdh100 Wrote:
(2016-03-02, 13:07)ronie Wrote: your kodi advancedsettings.xml file seems to be corrupt.

I shortened the log file manually, the full log shows my advancedsettings.xml loads fine. Didn't see the need to post everything.

I checked the logs after the latest normal Kodi shutdown, while it didn't crash, I still found the same screensaver error.
The only difference this time around is nothing was paused at the time of the error. So it's either only an issue when something is paused or it's unrelated to the screensaver and something else crashed Kodi without logging.

I keep an eye on the next few log files.

could you post a full Debug Log please.
there's obviously something in your advancedsettings.xml file that makes the screensaver crash.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2016-03-02, 14:05)ronie Wrote: could you post a full Debug Log please.
there's obviously something in your advancedsettings.xml file that makes the screensaver crash.

After crash - http://goo.gl/vRvFuk
After normal shutdown - http://goo.gl/PnD0sh

I'd be surprised if it was my advancedsettings.xml, I've had this setup for about a year without issue.
The only recent change I've made is updating from Kodi 15.2 from 16.

Thanks for looking!
(2016-03-02, 14:16)mdh100 Wrote:
(2016-03-02, 14:05)ronie Wrote: could you post a full Debug Log please.

After crash - http://goo.gl/vRvFuk
After normal shutdown - http://goo.gl/PnD0sh

I'd be surprised if it was my advancedsettings.xml, I've had this setup for about a year without issue.
The only recent change I've made is updating from Kodi 15.2 from 16.

Thanks for looking!

i can't tell for sure from your log, but the most likely issue is this line in your advancedsettings.xml file:
Code:
<regexp>/Tv Shows/Comdey &amp; Mixed/</regexp>
please check if you've written it exactly like that.

if you have this instead
Code:
<regexp>/Tv Shows/Comdey & Mixed/</regexp>
than that would explain the crash.
the use of the '&' character is not valid inside xml files, it needs to be written as '&amp;' instead.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Well I'll change it and time will tell. Unable to test it at the moment.

But I'm at a lose as to why this would effect the screensaver plugin and why the issues only started very recently. The advanced config file hasn't changed since I setup the central database about a year ago.

Further to that, the folder was successfully being excluded from the scans and, I thought, in XML anything can go in a field; only the tags/markup needs to valid. Any brief insight would be appreciated.
(2016-03-02, 16:22)mdh100 Wrote: But I'm at a lose as to why this would effect the screensaver plugin and why the issues only started very recently.
the screensaver now looks at your advancedsettings.xml file to check if you've defined any picture folders that should be excluded.
the feature was added recently, hence it wasn't a problem before.

(2016-03-02, 16:22)mdh100 Wrote: Further to that, the folder was successfully being excluded from the scans and,
there's probably some code in kodi that checks for these kind of errors and corrects them for you.

(2016-03-02, 16:22)mdh100 Wrote: I thought, in XML anything can go in a field; only the tags/markup needs to valid. Any brief insight would be appreciated.

nope, the need to escape characters is not limited to tags only:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10919...-documents
Awesome, thanks.

Changed it, and the error is gone.
Kodi is still crashing during the screensaver, but I'm not sure if it's the screensaver, so I've posted in the general Android forum with debug logs.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=262567
i'm afraid i can't help with kodi crashes, i have no knowledge in that area.
one of the kodi android devs would need to look into that.
I not sure what to do, after changing to a different screensaver the crashes stopped. Over 6 hours without a crash, plenty of pausing long enough for the screensaver to kick in.

I don't know if this implicates the Slideshow screensaver or something else.
Hi,
I store my RAW photos and JPGs in the same folders, and I want to use the slideshow as a screensaver but only show the JPGs. I've seen a few threads around about how to exclude RAW photos from the slideshow screensaver, and I've tried a simple addition to my advancedsettings.xml file.

<pictureextensions><remove>.NEF|.RAW</remove></pictureextensions>

However, this hasn't worked (I still get both the NEF and JPG formats appearing). Is there any details I've missed that might help me achieve only JPGs appearing in the slideshow?
(2016-03-09, 13:27)farmerdave Wrote: Hi,
I store my RAW photos and JPGs in the same folders, and I want to use the slideshow as a screensaver but only show the JPGs. I've seen a few threads around about how to exclude RAW photos from the slideshow screensaver, and I've tried a simple addition to my advancedsettings.xml file.

<pictureextensions><remove>.NEF|.RAW</remove></pictureextensions>

However, this hasn't worked (I still get both the NEF and JPG formats appearing). Is there any details I've missed that might help me achieve only JPGs appearing in the slideshow?

the screensaver currently only supports the <pictureexcludes> tag from advancedsettings.xml
perhaps give this a shot and let me know if that works:
Code:
<pictureexcludes>
  <regexp>\.RAW</regexp>
  <regexp>\.NEF</regexp>
</pictureexcludes>
Hi ronie,
I've tried the code you supplied, now if I navigate to Pictures only my JPGs are listed, however the Picture Slideshow Screensaver still displays a combination of JPG and NEF (my Nikon RAW) files when I went through Settings -> Appearance -> Screensaver -> Preview.

Edit: Perhaps I was too hasty, I know that the cache option is removed from the GUI now, and the add-on handles this in the background, perhaps I didn;t wait long enough? Anyway, I've left the screensaver running for several minutes and haven't seen a return of any of the NEF files. Looks like its worked, thanks!
I love PSS. I have Kodi on my Android TV and use your screensaver to display pictures from a thumbdrive in the TV. As a feature request, it would be awesome if you could add an option to show the time and weather over the slideshow? Digital Clock Screensaver already does this, but it doesn't handle the slideshow portion of its job as elegantly as PSS. I love that I can choose pictures of any aspect ratio and the background is the edges of the same picture used to fill the screen. Addition of this feature would mean I would be free to never change from PSS during the day to check the time or weather. Thank you for your kind consideration of this suggestion and thank you for giving me another reason to love Kodi.
Hi ronie,

I have a feature request:
Currently your "Source of slideshow images" is - "Music Fanart", "Video Fanart", and "Image Folder"

Could you add a source, to be a playlist file.
This file could look exactly like your image index cache file but created by the user.
(Ideally, I'd like the file format to look more like a PLS or M3U, but I can massage the file to look like the cache file format)

Thanks for all the work that you have put into this wonderful addon.

Cheers,
DM

PS. I had been overwriting the cache file with 'my' playlist file and then NOT updating the index but you've apparently automated the cache update now :-(
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4