• 172(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2016-03-02, 15:25)opeters Wrote: @hdmkv

Do you know the latest about the Shield TV with V3.0 ? Is 3D now working?

Still not working....

This is the request thread in their forum....
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
On the same day I discover working (with bugs) 3D MVC hardware decoding on a HTPC this also drops.

I know @Dave the Minion. I've just migrated away from a Windows HTPC because of the external player and despite how much I tried to make it an appliance it was still Windows thing to a RPi 2 and now I'm thinking Q10 pro or Pi3 now or a NUC with MVC hardware decoding when it goes mainline.

Too much potential for a mistake and what if Nvidia pull their finger out I could go Shield and stream my games.Arrgh.
Have been reading the 3D MVC Windows HTPC thread, and in current form, seems like even i5 isn't capable enough... maybe further development will address this:
(2016-03-02, 10:46)da-anda Wrote: the stuttering video is veeery likely related to you CPU not being strong enough to decode MVC in software. My i5 2,4 GHz is also struggling with that.

I'll be getting a Pi3 to try out, but I have my hopes on HiMedia Q10 Pro. It's already good, and can be excellent if some nagging bugs (namely audio synch) can be fixed by release or soon thereafter. Should be fixable I think, hope. The new SoC is noticeably faster (navigation, fluidity, boot-up). Also, UyeSee appears to be getting ready to enter the market as well with its own HiSilicon Hi3798C V200 box; stay tuned.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-03-02, 18:57)hdmkv Wrote: Have been reading the 3D MVC Windows HTPC thread, and in current form, seems like even i5 isn't capable enough... maybe further development will address this:
(2016-03-02, 10:46)da-anda Wrote: the stuttering video is veeery likely related to you CPU not being strong enough to decode MVC in software. My i5 2,4 GHz is also struggling with that.

I'll be getting a Pi3 to try out, but I have my hopes on HiMedia Q10 Pro. It's already good, and can be excellent if some nagging bugs (namely audio synch) can be fixed by release or soon thereafter. Should be fixable I think, hope. The new SoC is noticeably faster (navigation, fluidity, boot-up). Also, UyeSee appears to be getting ready to enter the market as well with its own HiSilicon Hi3798C V200 box; stay tuned.

You've been reading the 3D Blu-ray thread WRONG.

It's NOT about using software decoding. Not. At. All. People keep asking for this option and that option and all of them require software decoding within Kodi. The thread is about HARDWARE decoding which an i3 of certain architecture is fully capable of. It's about utilizing the HARDWARE that is built into a HTPC, specifically and at this point limited to Intel hardware on a Windows 8 or higher OS, to do what the Pi currently does. Those who continue to post in that thread asking about AMD and Linux have run it so far off track many times and it's only been going just over a week.

I watched In the Heart of the Sea in full MVC MKV 3D last night on a HTPC with lossless bitstreamed TrueHD audio and the projector automatically changed to the proper 3D mode for me. That is a huge coup and the 4 threads of the i3 never ran higher than 30% outside of extremely brief spikes to maybe 50%.

Basic reading comprehension skills are scary bad when you look at a thread like that. If you don't have Intel on Windows then right now you are SOL and other than casual reading and research that thread is not for you.
(2016-03-02, 19:14)Dave the Minion Wrote:
(2016-03-02, 18:57)hdmkv Wrote: Have been reading the 3D MVC Windows HTPC thread, and in current form, seems like even i5 isn't capable enough... maybe further development will address this:

It's NOT about using software decoding. Not. At. All. People keep asking for this option and that option and all of them require software decoding within Kodi. The thread is about HARDWARE decoding which an i3 of certain architecture is fully capable of. It's about utilizing the HARDWARE that is built into a HTPC, specifically and at this point limited to Intel hardware on a Windows 8 or higher OS, to do what the Pi currently does. Those who continue to post in that thread asking about AMD and Linux have run it so far off track many times and it's only been going just over a week.

I watched In the Heart of the Sea in full MVC MKV 3D last night on a HTPC with lossless bitstreamed TrueHD audio and the projector automatically changed to the proper 3D mode for me. That is a huge coup and the 4 threads of the i3 never ran higher than 30% outside of extremely brief spikes to maybe 50%.

Basic reading comprehension skills are scary bad when you look at a thread like that. If you don't have Intel on Windows then right now you are SOL and other than casual reading and research that thread is not for you.

What Intel i3 are you using?

Can you do a quick playback video with 3D.ISO and 3D MKV?

Thanks!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 

Maybe you are wrong
and not reading right
Read post 31 here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257636&page=3
he cleary says if ur not on intel (yes with intel its hardware based), you need a separate file to get it software decoded ----> MD drivers doesn't support Intel MSDK, so on ADM GPU software decoding will work.
Not sure were I should post this issue I have with the Pi3 running OpenElec 6.0.3 and 3D.
Tested several 3D movies ISO and MKV 3D and on all these the subs are placed left eye first instead of the other way around.
This means if I put on the glasses up side down I see perfect 3D subs but wrong movie depth and visa versa.

So lets say the movie is right eye first then the subs are left eye first, also selecting the option to reverse left/right does not do anything. Is this a know issue?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

so is it changing to proper 3D mode but outputing in Top and Bottom or does it report it as true frame packing? its weird that the screenshots show over under output making it seem like its just MVC decoding 3D but not actually outputting frame packed. can you clarify your results? does your projector report frame packing?
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-03-01, 18:50)looun Wrote:
(2016-03-01, 18:14)alanisrox69 Wrote: HiMedia 29.97/59.94 issue is across all formats, h264 and mpeg2 included!

usually for test i watch lot of DTS Demo Music DB ISO/BDMV that have format 29.97fps and h.264 without problem with last firmwares.
Can you give a sample?

Here's some samples. These were all captured from satellite backhaul feeds. The DTS-HD MA audio was sourced from the Dolby-E audio and encoded (since Dolby-E is not currently decodable via on-the-fly plugins -- needs to be decoded to regular PCM WAV first, and to save space I choose Lossless DTS-HD MA to encode that WAV too)

29.97 1080i 36mbps Mpeg-2 (w/ DTS-HD MA 5.1) TS:
https://mega.nz/#!GJMAADTK!deabwHlqtw2I_...jnANKRBAzE

29.97 1080i 26mbps h264 (w/ DTS-HD MA 2.0) MKV:
https://mega.nz/#!XI1yiKLA!rF4vweNo_xA7v...1m6WIJ5lT4

59.94 720p 20mbps Mpeg-2 (w/ Mpeg-Audio 2.0) TS:
https://mega.nz/#!jREAxYgb!MtjBIh1oSJJBZ...C2AyjrsaIQ

All have stutters randomly (def check out the long pans of audience/stage/etc) on the HiMedia. Stutters also happen on web-dl/TV rip x264/mpeg-2 content with 29.97/59.94 - available [you should know where]...I just wanted to give some examples of high-bitrate content Wink

I also don't have any processing turned on on my Samsung TV, none of that "soap opera" effect crap options. I let the HiMedia choose the output (1080/60p) to feed the TV for these caps above. (Bluray it's 1080/24p). I also have the processing engine turned off on the HiMedia. I want the 'raw' signal being displayed on my screen, no other effects. (but the stutters happen with the engine turned on just the same).
I'm guessing the 2x 29.97 samples you posted are 4:2:2 MPEG2 samples w/EAC converted to DTS-MA? Few media players can handle these... the now dated WD Media Player being one. Actually, I think you told me that Smile.
My HT
No, these are 4:2:0 back hauls Wink
(2016-03-02, 20:31)movie78 Wrote: What Intel i3 are you using?

Can you do a quick playback video with 3D.ISO and 3D MKV?

Thanks!

It's an i3-4160.

I'm still experimenting as thre are bugs that need to be worked out in the next release. I don't have 3D ISO at all but I can easily attest that it does playback MVC MKV as well ad SBS MKV and TAB MKV.

(2016-03-02, 20:41)Skank Wrote: Maybe you are wrong
and not reading right
Read post 31 here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257636&page=3
he cleary says if ur not on intel (yes with intel its hardware based), you need a separate file to get it software decoded ----> MD drivers doesn't support Intel MSDK, so on ADM GPU software decoding will work.

Why would anyone want to use CPU intensive and clearly not easily possible software decoding? Why spend money on this device and that Chinese made product hoping they send you the correct version when you have a HTPC and can, at worst, replace the CPU/motherboard to utilize hardware? Software decoding in, in a word, dumb. It's trying to win le tour de France on a tricycle. Possible? maybe. Smart. Not at all. And if you read the thread you will see it's about using hardware decoding wit Intel and Windows and not until everyone chimes in wanting Linux and AMD and so on does the software (bad) option become a tpoic and derail the progress on actual useful information.

(2016-03-03, 01:31)dukester Wrote: so is it changing to proper 3D mode but outputing in Top and Bottom or does it report it as true frame packing? its weird that the screenshots show over under output making it seem like its just MVC decoding 3D but not actually outputting frame packed. can you clarify your results? does your projector report frame packing?

These TAB screenshots are coming from people using 2D monitors. Once you get the settings for hardware decoding set your 3D display changes over to 3D and yes, it is frame packed if that is your source media. At least it is for me. It's not working 100% yet but it's got the engine in the chassis and it's been fired up. Need to add the wheels to truly get rolling.
For the Himedia Q10 Pro - if possible in the future could Himedia patch in MKV Chapter support and Forced subs support or would it require new hardware? It's literally the two main things holding me back from (pre)ordering one in the future.
Forced subs already requested. Re: MKV chapter support, thanks for the reminder; just added to their list. But, have a feeling both will take a back seat for HiMedia until the key early bugs are squashed.

Just to calibrate your guys' expectations, upon public release, Q10 Pro will be rather similar to current-gen Q5/Q10, but w/faster performance, better 4K playback (10-bit + HDR) & 192KHz support (no down-sampling). 3D ISO and HD audio playback pretty much like with current-gen. There's also the new Imprex 2.0 image processing engine, but will comment on it later in full review. Like with Darbee Darblet, whether you like it or not, or depending on which levels you adjust to, is highly subjective. As with current-gen, some with find PQ too 'digital' or contrasty, but I suspect most will like the added punch (as it doesn't introduce edge enhancement or halos unless you over-apply it, again same as w/Darbee).
My HT
  • 172(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17