• 93(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-03-03, 05:29)zaphod24 Wrote: Same here for me with the new default skin and the epg locking and freezing my rpi2 and requiring a restart. I'm using mythtv as my backend though. Love the new skin!

It's been reported in the Estuary thread, not RPi specific.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2266604

(2016-03-03, 05:29)zaphod24 Wrote: Using 0302 and I've also noticed that the "o" information overlay is missing dropped/skipped frame counts in 0302 with the estuary skin, it was there in 0301.

See last release note - no more stream details for now.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@ Milhouse

I am running in an subtitle issue with 3D ISO and 3D MKV on a PI(3) with OpenElec 6.0.3. Wondering if this has been fixed in Kodi 17.0. Are you familiar with this issue:

""Tested several 3D movies ISO and MKV 3D and on all these the subs are placed left eye first instead of the other way around.
This means if I put on the glasses up side down I see perfect 3D subs but wrong movie depth and visa versa.

So lets say the movie is right eye first then the subs are left eye first, also selecting the option to reverse left/right does not do anything. Is this a know issue?""
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

@opeters: you'll need to test it yourself, I don't have a 3D TV.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-03-03, 11:22)Milhouse Wrote: @opeters: you'll need to test it yourself, I don't have a 3D TV.
Does OpenELEC or KODI not provide developers with test equipment?

Or is it you just don't feel the need for a 3D capable display?
(2016-03-03, 12:12)f1vefour Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 11:22)Milhouse Wrote: @opeters: you'll need to test it yourself, I don't have a 3D TV.
Does OpenELEC or KODI not provide developers with test equipment?

In general I believe no. OpenElec and Kodi are community run development teams, with almost everyone working voluntarily (there are some devs who are also employed by manufacturers). Some manufacturers may donate development boards to devs, as they see the value in Kodi running well on their devices (which will trigger sales), but AIUI neither OpenElec nor Kodi have the money to buy their devs expensive 3D TVs...
(2016-03-03, 12:12)f1vefour Wrote: Does OpenELEC or KODI not provide developers with test equipment?

you mean if they don't charge money with KODI they have at least to spend some TVs to the community?

Right, read about that lack of test equipment somewhere.
Well no problem I can test it tonight. Just though you knew all fixes by heart.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER

(2016-03-03, 13:01)opeters Wrote: Just though you knew all fixes by heart.

I can barely remember what I had for dinner last night. Although I'm fairly confident I've never heard of this 3D subtitle issue before - do you know if it affects all platforms (ie. x86) or is it just RPi? Has it been discussed elsewhere?
(2016-03-03, 05:47)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 05:29)zaphod24 Wrote: Same here for me with the new default skin and the epg locking and freezing my rpi2 and requiring a restart. I'm using mythtv as my backend though. Love the new skin!

It's been reported in the Estuary thread, not RPi specific.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2266604

(2016-03-03, 05:29)zaphod24 Wrote: Using 0302 and I've also noticed that the "o" information overlay is missing dropped/skipped frame counts in 0302 with the estuary skin, it was there in 0301.

See last release note - no more stream details for now.

Thanks Milhouse! Missed the codec info change in the 0302 release notes. Hopefully the replacement is even better.

I don't appear to have access to the Estuary thread you linked to.
(2016-03-03, 14:46)Milhouse Wrote:

I can barely remember what I had for dinner last night. Although I'm fairly confident I've never heard of this 3D subtitle issue before - do you know if it affects all platforms (ie. x86) or is it just RPi? Has it been discussed elsewhere?

I think it is just in relation to the Pi, don't know any other platforms that uses this "3D" code unless you referring to Android boxes.
Just saw this "or some other weird stuff happens like the reverse" what could be the same issue I experienced. (253858 (thread)

If it is still happening in the latest 17 build I hope it is an easy fix to swap the left-right placement of the subs in the code. Think it's about this code: 6231 (PR)
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER

(2016-03-03, 01:55)pauljohn Wrote: Hello all,

Forgive me if this question has been answered before as I'm new here. I've done a quick search and can't find anything.

Does anybody know why I keep getting 'CHECKING SIZE: FAILED' when trying to update to the latest build? It checks both MD5's OK and then gives the error.

I've tried the first v17 build (1205 I think) and that worked OK, but at least the last two builds (0301 and 0302) fail. I haven't tried others yet to see where the fail starts from because that would take me ages!!!

I'm on a RPi 1 model B if that's any help.

Regards,

PJ

Sorry to bother you, but i'm getting this error too and i understand it. What i have done is updated to 6.0.1 official with "openelec dev update" addon figuring that it was going to be solved... Then i saw that it doesn't.

Can you please advice? Do i need to do a fresh install on the sd-card with the 6.0.1? And also, i'm running rpi with an usb stick install. Does it maintain the usb setup or do i need to add line in the config file?

Thanks!
(2016-03-03, 18:09)sdfguerreiro Wrote: Can you please advice? Do i need to do a fresh install on the sd-card with the 6.0.1? And also, i'm running rpi with an usb stick install. Does it maintain the usb setup or do i need to add line in the config file?

Thanks!

You need to do an install from 6.0.1 disk image (which will be a clean install, so you'll need to reconfigure the system to use your USB storage), or follow the instructions in the first post note #5.
(2016-03-03, 17:05)zaphod24 Wrote: I don't appear to have access to the Estuary thread you linked to.

Oh right, sorry - turns out that was a private discussion thread. You'll have to trust me the issue has been seen in Windows - as soon as there's a fix I'll include it in these builds.

Edit: Here's another (public!) thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=...pid2267430
Hi, I have rpi2 connected to lg tv by hdmi and optical cable from tv to lg home theatre. starting with build 130b i have no audio passthrough. With omx player i have only white noise and with mmal only stereo. Also if mkv or iso is multilanguage audio and i select other track from audio options menu the track doesn't change.
Other problem is that 3d iso gives me black screen using omxplayer.

Last build where everything was ok is 129.
(2016-03-03, 17:14)opeters Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 14:46)Milhouse Wrote:

I think it is just in relation to the Pi, don't know any other platforms that uses this "3D" code unless you referring to Android boxes.
Just saw this "or some other weird stuff happens like the reverse" what could be the same issue I experienced. (253858 (thread)

If it is still happening in the latest 17 build I hope it is an easy fix to swap the left-right placement of the subs in the code. Think it's about this code: 6231 (PR)

Installed #0302 and wow 3D Subs are working Fine Smile.
Since I use DVBLink.. when will it be available again (#215 "stop building pvr.dvblink and pvr.dvbviewer") ?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER

• 93(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6