• 15(current)
Philips hue integration or add-on
Any way to tweak this so my room lights dim and my ambient led strips behind the TV turn on? I've managed to sort out the dimming part, but I can only assume there is no built in option to bring a set of lights up when a file starts playing.
I've been curious about this too--more so using the ambilight option at the same time as dimming other lights in the room. Hopefully the current dev can integrate add'l options eventually, but meantime maybe try installing a 2nd copy of the addon?
I believe this feature already exists in the most recent version, FYI.
(2016-01-07, 07:31)seedubxj Wrote: Any way to tweak this so my room lights dim and my ambient led strips behind the TV turn on? I've managed to sort out the dimming part, but I can only assume there is no built in option to bring a set of lights up when a file starts playing.

(2016-01-16, 22:10)brohawk Wrote: I've been curious about this too--more so using the ambilight option at the same time as dimming other lights in the room. Hopefully the current dev can integrate add'l options eventually, but meantime maybe try installing a 2nd copy of the addon?

in advanced settings after choosing ambient lighting you can choose to dim a group of lights. If you mark that group as 0 it seems to dim all the lights but the ambient (light strip). for the record my light strip is light 4. lights 1-3 on being dimmed.

Also if someone is having an issue with error when restarting, you have to have internet connection at startup or else hue will not connect. Figured that out when I sat on the login screen for a minute and connected and it worked.
I ported the Addon to version 17 and made it work with LiveTV (vnsi / tvheadend) I sent a PullRequest to the new maintainer.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks to Michael Carroll for taking up this project!

Since upgrading from Helix there are some bugs with ambilight.
-On an OpenELEC6 (Isengard) imx6 Cubox most? videos cause the device's video to freeze. The audio still plays. The lights don't react. Here's an example video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuCjHXLHGUk.
-On Windows x64 with Jarvis the lights pulse when the addon loads, but the lights don't react to the screen.

With Jarvis on Ubuntu 15.10 x64 I get "Error could not import Python requests." I have the same requests (2.9.1) installed that I have installed on the other installations.

On Helix this addon worked great. But I had to upgrade for cross platform threading in my WavforHue addon. :/
(2016-02-23, 23:23)hardyt Wrote: Thanks to Michael Carroll for taking up this project!

Since upgrading from Helix there are some bugs with ambilight.
-On an OpenELEC6 (Isengard) imx6 Cubox most? videos cause the device's video to freeze. The audio still plays. The lights don't react. Here's an example video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuCjHXLHGUk.
-On Windows x64 with Jarvis the lights pulse when the addon loads, but the lights don't react to the screen.

With Jarvis on Ubuntu 15.10 x64 I get "Error could not import Python requests." I have the same requests (2.9.1) installed that I have installed on the other installations.

On Helix this addon worked great. But I had to upgrade for cross platform threading in my WavforHue addon. :/

can't be arsed watching a minute advertisement just to see your demo
Hey everyone. I've entered the bridge info manually and tried auto configuration before and it isn't working both in ambilight mode/theater mode. Auto-configuration says it finds the bridge and the IP number is there but then it does not say to click the button the bridge. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! My debug log is here http://goo.gl/ze6nPR
I also have deleted the settings and redone it as some people have said before through the file manager but that didn't do anything.

EDIT: Did a factory reset on the bridge, reset the system and got it working!
Does anyone know if it's possible to use this add-on to reduce reduce brighness to xx value on playback, and increase brightness on pause or playback stop?

Theatre mode appears to do all the above except just dim the light during playback, it turns it off.
Yes, it works that way. You might have the dim amount set too low.
(2016-03-03, 01:15)leejk Wrote: Yes, it works that way. You might have the dim amount set too low.

Ah yes. I was messing with the settings and it was still going off - but appears you have to disable/re-enable the addon (or restart kodi) to get it to apply the changes Smile
It is not working for me lately:

Code:
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-0.8b2/default.py): start processing
20:41:21 T:18446744072009395088   DEBUG: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:41:21 T:18446744072009395088   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(13, /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-0.8b2/default.py): the source file to load is "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-0.8b2/default.py"
20:41:21 T:18446744072009395088   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(13, /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-0.8b2/default.py): setting the Python path to /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-0.8b2:/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib:/:/data/app/org.xbmc.kodi-1/base.apk/assets/python2.6/lib/python26.zip:/data/app/org.xbmc.kodi-1/base.apk/assets/python2.6/lib/python2.6:/data/app/org.xbmc.kodi-1/base.apk/assets/python2.6/lib/python2.6/plat-linux3:/data/app/org.xbmc.kodi-1/base.apk/assets/python2.6/lib/python2.6/lib-tk:/data/app/org.xbmc.kodi-1/base.apk/assets/python2.6/lib/python2.6/lib-old:/data/app/org.xbmc.kodi-1/base.apk/assets/python2.6/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload
20:41:21 T:18446744072009395088   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(13, /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-0.8b2/default.py): entering source directory /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-0.8b2
20:41:21 T:18446744072360934288   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (addons://user/xbmc.service)
20:41:21 T:18446744072360934288   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [addons://user/xbmc.service]
20:41:21 T:18446744072009395088   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(13, /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-0.8b2/default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "script.kodi.hue.ambilight" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
20:41:21 T:18446744072004098960   DEBUG: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
20:41:21 T:18446744072004098960   DEBUG: Thread BackgroundLoader 18446744072004098960 terminating
20:41:21 T:18446744072009395088  NOTICE: Kodi Hue service started, version: 0.8b2
20:41:21 T:18446744072009395088   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-0.8b2/default.py", line 751, in <module>
                                                settings = settings()
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-0.8b2/resources/lib/settings.py", line 8, in __init__
                                                self.readxml()
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-0.8b2/resources/lib/settings.py", line 20, in readxml
                                                self.group_id              = int(__addon__.getSetting("group_id"))
                                            ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Im running Kodi 16 on a androidtv.Some python errors...

Anyone else has this problem?
This thread is huge! I'm going to try and make a wiki page for this. I just want to confirm which add-on/fork that everyone seems to be using. Is it this one? https://github.com/michaelrcarroll/scrip...t/releases

EDIT: his -> is
(2016-03-04, 05:11)Ned Scott Wrote: This thread his huge! I'm going to try and make a wiki page for this. I just want to confirm which add-on/fork that everyone seems to be using. Is it this one? https://github.com/michaelrcarroll/scrip...t/releases
Currently I'm still using the original on Isengard. The other one still has an issue with play/pause functionality, so currently sticking with the original.
(2016-03-04, 05:11)Ned Scott Wrote: This thread his huge! I'm going to try and make a wiki page for this. I just want to confirm which add-on/fork that everyone seems to be using. Is it this one? https://github.com/michaelrcarroll/scrip...t/releases
Yup
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Philips hue integration or add-on0