Change volume "use case"/"user story"
Although I haven't used Estouchy many minutes, I must say it looks nice and is pretty intuitive to navigate.

However, I'm wondering: is the main "use case"/" user story" to change volume when listening to music is to double-click the upper-left Kodi logo, then the volume icon, and only then slide the volume slider? But not if you've entered the "currently playing"-view, because it seems to me that one has to leave it again before clicking the logo will bring one to the view with the volume button again?

So, in other words - is there a simple way I am missing? Perhaps some gesture without any volume slider in sight?

I've been searching hard for any skin including a volume slider in the music playing view - for instance next to the song progress bar without any luck. Before Estouchy, I used re-touched, where one had a volume slider in the "currently playing view.

I'm currenlty running "OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160224211057-#0224-gbba8f84 [Build #0224]" on a Raspberry Pi 2 with the official 7" touchscreen.
i can add a volume button to the fullscreen music window.

would this work for you:
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2016-03-04, 19:49)ronie Wrote: i can add a volume button to the fullscreen music window.
would this work for you:

Yes, indeed. That would give easy access to the volume control. (Extra points for an vertical volume slider pop-up that disappears when one clicks the volume button again. I.e., something for the wish-list/feature request list to be considered someday.)

However, what about the "view-before-this-view"? (Selection view? Is there a Kodi terminology guide somewhere?) I.e., when in the list of tracks, you chose one and it starts playing, then you don't get directly to the fullscreen music window but get a little track progress bar in the top middle of the screen (that seems to collide with some other system messages). Would be possible to have the volume button in this selection view as well? Basically, you might be looking for the right track but when you try one, you might find the volume too high since your last listening session and would like to quickly decrease it without having to first enter the fullscreen music window.

(Also, in the SpotiMC Spotify Addon view, I didn't find any way to get to the fullscreen music window. In Re-Touched one could hit the "now playing" rectangle to get there, but in Estouchy, it seems one have to wait for the screensaver to engage - when one then awakes Kodi, one finds oneself in the fullscreen music window (magic!) ;-) .)
A non-skin option would be to make a touchscreen keymap (wiki) that used something like two-finger swipe up/down for volume. That might be an option. Or maybe a volume sider in PlayerControls, and a button for that?
(2016-03-04, 21:30)eoas74 Wrote: However, what about the "view-before-this-view"? (Selection view? Is there a Kodi terminology guide somewhere?) I.e., when in the list of tracks, you chose one and it starts playing, then you don't get directly to the fullscreen music window but get a little track progress bar in the top middle of the screen

the skin runs both on 16:9 as well as on 4:3 screens, when in 4:3 mode there's simply no space left on screen to add additional buttons

(2016-03-04, 21:30)eoas74 Wrote: (that seems to collide with some other system messages).
not sure if you mean there's problem (ie. two things displayed on top of each other),
but if there is, please let me know.

(2016-03-04, 21:30)eoas74 Wrote: (Also, in the SpotiMC Spotify Addon view, I didn't find any way to get to the fullscreen music window. In Re-Touched one could hit the "now playing" rectangle to get there, but in Estouchy, it seems one have to wait for the screensaver to engage - when one then awakes Kodi, one finds oneself in the fullscreen music window (magic!) ;-) .)

if you click on the artist name / song title at the top of the screen, it should take you to the fullscreen window.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2016-03-05, 04:05)Ned Scott Wrote: A non-skin option would be to make a touchscreen keymap (wiki) that used something like two-finger swipe up/down for volume. That might be an option. Or maybe a volume sider in PlayerControls, and a button for that?

Indeed! A swipe would be an elegant solution, although perhaps not the easiest to find if you don't know it's there.
(2016-03-05, 04:31)ronie Wrote:
(2016-03-04, 21:30)eoas74 Wrote: However, what about the "view-before-this-view"? (Selection view? Is there a Kodi terminology guide somewhere?) I.e., when in the list of tracks, you chose one and it starts playing, then you don't get directly to the fullscreen music window but get a little track progress bar in the top middle of the screen
the skin runs both on 16:9 as well as on 4:3 screens, when in 4:3 mode there's simply no space left on screen to add additional buttons

Ah, it's a question of limited real estate... I do appreciate the problem, but an easy accessible volume slider would be good in any view playing audio - be it music or video. I guess it wouldn't fly to split the track progress bar into two, one for the track progress and one for the volume. They would probably be too close together to be easily slide-able without sliding the wrong one.

Perhaps collapse several buttons into one that brings up a popup with a fuller selections of buttons/controls?

(2016-03-04, 21:30)eoas74 Wrote: (that seems to collide with some other system messages).
not sure if you mean there's problem (ie. two things displayed on top of each other),
but if there is, please let me know.

Yepp, I'll promised to be on the lookout and describe how to re-create it when I run into it again.

(2016-03-04, 21:30)eoas74 Wrote: (Also, in the SpotiMC Spotify Addon view, I didn't find any way to get to the fullscreen music window. In Re-Touched one could hit the "now playing" rectangle to get there, but in Estouchy, it seems one have to wait for the screensaver to engage - when one then awakes Kodi, one finds oneself in the fullscreen music window (magic!) ;-) .)
if you click on the artist name / song title at the top of the screen, it should take you to the fullscreen window.

That's just it - in the SpotiMC view, it did do so in Re-Touched but not in Estouchy, but I'll try it again, to make sure.
i'll think i stick with this solution...
hide the weather icon during playback, then there's enough space to place the volume icon in the top bar.
it will be there all throughout the skin.

(2016-03-05, 17:34)ronie Wrote: i'll think i stick with this solution...
hide the weather icon during playback, then there's enough space to place the volume icon in the top bar.
This is a perfect solution as I see no need for weather info to be displayed while watching a video. Great work!
(2016-03-05, 20:19)mjbxx Wrote:
(2016-03-05, 17:34)ronie Wrote: i'll think i stick with this solution...
This is a perfect solution as I see no need for weather info to be displayed while watching a video. Great work!

I like it too. Although weather is a clear nice-have, it is far less important than, for instance the clock (that strictly speaking isn't a must-have either) but a volume control is a must-have - at least on touch screen "kiosk" set-ups, like mine, where there are no keyboard and no smartphone/tablet volume buttons that offers an alternate route.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change volume "use case"/"user story"1