• 209(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Sounds like trying to put a V10 in an old mini - Al ot of work and pointless
(2016-03-08, 18:41)Talguy Wrote: @Nintynuts, have you looked into writing a script with Eventghost that queries the format of the current playing video in Kodi then adjusts your display via the Ethernet/Wifi interface? This could be a possible solution for you someone on the Eventghost forums have created a plugin for you TV and if your TV's protocol supports turning 3D on and off at the display.

I've never heard of Eventghost. It's sounds like it might work if it's supported by my TV, but to be honest I'm very happy with my line interlaced solution for the standard player. I just want DSPlayer to support line interlaced mode too either through madVR, LAV or in SVP itself.

My biggest concern in this thread now is the subtitles issue. As no-one else is having it, I wonder if it's an issue with old core code from the DSPlayer and it might work fine with latest official Kodi, but I still want DSPlayer for high framerate, so I'm hesitant to mess up my configuration.
(2016-03-08, 21:33)Nintynuts Wrote:
(2016-03-08, 18:41)Talguy Wrote: @Nintynuts, have you looked into writing a script with Eventghost that queries the format of the current playing video in Kodi then adjusts your display via the Ethernet/Wifi interface? This could be a possible solution for you someone on the Eventghost forums have created a plugin for you TV and if your TV's protocol supports turning 3D on and off at the display.

I've never heard of Eventghost. It's sounds like it might work if it's supported by my TV, but to be honest I'm very happy with my line interlaced solution for the standard player. I just want DSPlayer to support line interlaced mode too either through madVR, LAV or in SVP itself.

My biggest concern in this thread now is the subtitles issue. As no-one else is having it, I wonder if it's an issue with old core code from the DSPlayer and it might work fine with latest official Kodi, but I still want DSPlayer for high framerate, so I'm hesitant to mess up my configuration.

Do you want to output line interlaced 3D? I'm not following. That is possible through madVR.
(2016-03-08, 21:41)Warner306 Wrote: Do you want to output line interlaced 3D? I'm not following. That is possible through madVR.

If DSplayer using madVR is capable of row interlaced output from OU input, then I'd love to hear how. From what I've been told it only supports MVC (frame packed) 3D.
(2016-03-08, 21:48)Nintynuts Wrote:
(2016-03-08, 21:41)Warner306 Wrote: Do you want to output line interlaced 3D? I'm not following. That is possible through madVR.

If DSplayer using madVR is capable of row interlaced output from OU input, then I'd love to hear how. From what I've been told it only supports MVC (frame packed) 3D.

The only input is frame-packed. The output can be a number of formats.

This is a new feature of madVR still in development. So this could change in the next month or two. But I don't know what's planned.

3D support appears to be glitchy and Samsung and LG are no longer supporting 3D TVs.
Looks like Lav Filters 0.68.0 has been officially released
Only Samsung stopped supporting 3D this year, LG still is, although not all models.
Alright, So I'm still in the process of trying to get MediaConfig and FIltersConfig to work. I'm creating these through the DSPlayer GUI settings in Filter Management > Media Rules / Filter Configuration. I set up media rules how I want which is two rules. The first rule looks for files that have "(Animation)" in the filename. If so then it will include the extra filter ffdshow raw video so that I can view animation/anime with SVP enabled. The other rule picks up all other files that do not have "(Animation)" in the file name. The issue I'm having now is that it always enables SVP for all videos regardless of if the keyword is in the filename or not. can someone help me out with this?

Also I didn't setup filter configurations. Is this the issue? I assumed that DSPlayer already knew all the filter information as it was provided in the filters list when generating my media rule.

Also is there a way to tell what Media Rule is currently active? Like would it show up in the OSD Codec view when I press the 'o' key on my keyboard?
(2016-03-09, 04:16)Talguy Wrote: Alright, So I'm still in the process of trying to get MediaConfig and FIltersConfig to work. I'm creating these through the DSPlayer GUI settings in Filter Management > Media Rules / Filter Configuration. I set up media rules how I want which is two rules. The first rule looks for files that have "(Animation)" in the filename. If so then it will include the extra filter ffdshow raw video so that I can view animation/anime with SVP enabled. The other rule picks up all other files that do not have "(Animation)" in the file name. The issue I'm having now is that it always enables SVP for all videos regardless of if the keyword is in the filename or not. can someone help me out with this?

Also I didn't setup filter configurations. Is this the issue? I assumed that DSPlayer already knew all the filter information as it was provided in the filters list when generating my media rule.

Also is there a way to tell what Media Rule is currently active? Like would it show up in the OSD Codec view when I press the 'o' key on my keyboard?

Remove ffdshow from the rule that doesn't need SVP. Without ffdshow, SVP can't be used.
(2016-03-09, 02:56)Warner306 Wrote: 3D support appears to be glitchy and Samsung and LG are no longer supporting 3D TVs.

It would be pretty rubbish if they gave up developing the 3D support as there are over 50 3D movies planned for release in the next 2 years, and more still beyond that. I don't think all TV manufacturers have given up on it, LG still seem to be going strong, so I hope its just the death of active displays. Panasonic have a few passive displays, so hopefully it will spread with 4K becoming the norm.
I dont use 3d much but have the capability LG TV
I do not know if it happens to you , with the latest update Kodi DSPlayer , I noticed a loss problems of focus , is as like looking through a glass within the menu , for more , 2/3 times Kodi is minimized to automatically icon , HERE , I would find a solution , but I think it is not applicable for Kodi DSPlayer.
Kodi Jarvis 16.1 RC2 + dsplayer * (03/09/2016)

link for download:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7799...5.dx11.exe

Update internal lav filters for version 0.68.0-1 (03/09/2016).

Warnings:
- This is an unofficial Kodi build not from Team Kodi.
- This build comes with no warranties, explicit or implied, and you use it at your own risk.
- This build was compiled by Wanilton, for use only in Windows OS, and have same functions official Kodi Jarvis build Nightly + dsplayer support.

git:

https://github.com/mediaBrasil/xbmc/tree...r_dsplayer
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2016-03-09, 10:18)Warner306 Wrote: Remove ffdshow from the rule that doesn't need SVP. Without ffdshow, SVP can't be used.

I already had it removed. the rule looking for the keyword "(Animation)" has ffdshow raw video while the other one doesn't. The Animation filter is set to priority 0 while the other filter is set to priority 1. No matter what file I play it still enables ffdshow and SVP.

edit: here are my filterconfig and mediaconfig files

Quote:<mediasconfig>
<rules>
<rule name="Animation FIlter for SVP" priority="0" filename="*.(Animation).*">
<source filter="lavfsplitter" />
<splitter filter="lavf_splitter" />
<video filter="lavvideodec" />
<audio filter="lavaudiodec" />
<subs filter="xysubfilter" />
<extra>
<extra filter="ffdshowrawfilter" />
</extra>
</rule>
<rule name="None Animation No SVP" priority="1" filetypes="mkv|avi|mp4|m4v|flv|ts|m2ts">
<source filter="lavfsplitter" />
<splitter filter="lavf_splitter" />
<video filter="lavvideodec" />
<audio filter="lavaudiodec" />
<subs filter="xysubfilter" />
</rule>
</rules>
</mediasconfig>

Quote:<filtersconfig>
<filters>
<filter name="lavfsplitter" type="source">
<osdname>LAV Splitter Source</osdname>
<guid>{B98D13E7-55DB-4385-A33D-09FD1BA26338}</guid>
</filter>
<filter name="lavf_splitter" type="splitter">
<osdname>LAV Splitter</osdname>
<guid>{171252A0-8820-4AFE-9DF8-5C92B2D66B04}</guid>
</filter>
<filter name="ffdshowrawfilter" type="extra">
<osdname>ffdshow raw video filter</osdname>
<guid>{0B390488-D80F-4A68-8408-48DC199F0E97}</guid>
</filter>
<filter name="lavaudiodec" type="audiodec">
<osdname>LAV Audio Decoder</osdname>
<guid>{E8E73B6B-4CB3-44A4-BE99-4F7BCB96E491}</guid>
</filter>
<filter name="lavvideodec" type="videodec">
<osdname>LAV Video Decoder</osdname>
<guid>{EE30215D-164F-4A92-A4EB-9D4C13390F9F}</guid>
</filter>
<filter name="xysubfilter" type="subs">
<osdname>XySubFilter</osdname>
<guid>{2DFCB782-EC20-4A7C-B530-4577ADB33F21}</guid>
</filter>
</filters>
</filtersconfig>
(2016-03-09, 15:28)Wanilton Wrote: Kodi Jarvis 16.1 RC2 + dsplayer * (03/09/2016)

link for download:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7799...5.dx11.exe

Update internal lav filters for version 0.68.0-1 (03/09/2016).

Warnings:
- This is an unofficial Kodi build not from Team Kodi.
- This build comes with no warranties, explicit or implied, and you use it at your own risk.
- This build was compiled by Wanilton, for use only in Windows OS, and have same functions official Kodi Jarvis build Nightly + dsplayer support.

git:

https://github.com/mediaBrasil/xbmc/tree...r_dsplayer
wanilton, would you be available to do some small modifications to the code and then have test builds? I ask because DSPlayer selects for internet streams LAV Splitter, by default and with no way of overriding it. I think it's a simple change.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
  • 209(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47