• 3(current)
WIP ReKOver : Skinning tool project
Didn't check on KRYPTON but mostly due to a counting system. Really doubt the boolean / infolabels changed for counting list pos otherwise could break many skins. KODI doesn't remember list pos in KOver because when nav window is closed, it doesn't exists anymore. When you reopen it, it's like a fresh window. Due to <include> behavior.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2016-03-07, 11:23)Jayz2K Wrote: Updated second post

(2016-03-05, 23:43)djoole Wrote: Another important thing would be IMO to be able to customize bloc2 (info). I miss info like language/subtitle/codec/media type.

And to have fallback for all the 3 (or more?) art blocs. This way if I have a bloc with clear logo, for movies without clear logo i still get something (thumb art or so)

Same question as previously then : How much infos spaces are required ?

Right now, I'm planning 5 or 6 :

1 space for Title (Selectable as label or title)
1 space for info1 (let's say infos like genre or combined strings like genre + duration, or rating + genre, chosen through a selectable list)
1 space for info2 (let's say infos like genre or combined strings like genre + duration, or rating + genre, chosen through a selectable list)
1 space for info3 (let's say infos like genre or combined strings like genre + duration, or rating + genre, chosen through a selectable list)
1 space for Description (selectable like plot or ?)

Combined strings can be expandable as predefined hardcoded requests.(codec + res, audio + res + codec, etc.) for infos 1 to 3

6 is generous, it allows all kind of customization. (title / genre / rating / desc / lang / codec, even more indeed if can be combined)
(2016-03-04, 23:37)Jayz2K Wrote: Art type (Also used at level 5)
  • Width
  • Height
  • Coordinate X
  • Coordinate Y
  • Type -> (opens selection popup : Poster, Fanart, Thumb,etc.)
  • Fallback Type -> (opens selection popup : Poster, Fanart, Thumb,etc.)
  • Aspect (Stretch / Scale / Keep)
  • Align (Top / Bottom / Left / Right)
(2016-03-07, 14:16)Reynald Wrote:
(2016-03-07, 11:23)Jayz2K Wrote: Updated second post

I can not believe what I read. Is AMAZING. It will ask you enormously time coding? but how can I do to help you and then have it as soon as possible future new KOVER like a nuclear bomb?

Yes, it's going to be a huge work. Right now, not sure I can get help since I need to think about a strong responsive layout and I think it's required to know all the constraints and possibilities of the code (what I still don't have but testing is the best way). I will start today to prepare the new Designer window which is a pain to code (new features introduces many reloadskin functions to set constants) mostly because of the preview. I don't think it will be possible to get instant preview until you press a "Edit view" button. Working with constants is not like playing with 9 presets :/ ... If I need help, will ping you for sure Wink

Damn ! It's going to be a whole built-in software lol.

Not easy to allow it to work with mouse (for such a tool, pretty much needed :/ ...)

(2016-03-09, 14:29)Jayz2K Wrote: Damn ! It's going to be a whole built-in software lol.

Not easy to allow it to work with mouse (for such a tool, pretty much needed :/ ...)

Nice .. hum i like .
Jayz2K, it would be cool to have an option for prebuilt list to show mediacase (at list on poster based lists) and an easy way to implement this feature in custom lists.

I don't know if it's already possible to do that in a custom list.
There will be no more custom lists. They will be made directly inside the designer. Since items background will be customizable, will be up to you to add a case picture.

(2016-03-09, 14:29)Jayz2K Wrote: Damn ! It's going to be a whole built-in software lol.

you're crazy !!!!

this is fricking cool Cool

* thats why you have been so quiet on the forums ! Wink
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
(2016-03-09, 22:25)reaven Wrote: * thats why you have been so quiet on the forums ! Wink

Indeed. It's faster to code when layout is sketched up. Designer V3 goes fine until now. I would like to make it work ASAP to ensure it's working as I think it has to be. Also, will probably need to request adjustments to Marcel for constant writing.

Moreover, I have to fine tune usability.

KOver 1 has pretty good support even without me as I see Wink Gives me more time to make new things to come. I really would like to break the rules building a full skin editor.

(2016-03-09, 22:35)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-03-09, 22:25)reaven Wrote: * thats why you have been so quiet on the forums ! Wink

Indeed. It's faster to code when layout is sketched up. Designer V3 goes fine until now. I would like to make it work ASAP to ensure it's working as I think it has to be. Also, will probably need to request adjustments to Marcel for constant writing.

KOver 1 has pretty good support even without me as I see Wink Gives me more time to make new things to come. I really would like to break the rules building a full skin editor.

I'm really happy for you that things forward in the right direction. I think even you have not fully aware of the tremendous thing that you are about to create. YOu go (you have) changed the world of coding and skinner. This is a giant step. Bravo
(2016-03-07, 23:59)djoole Wrote:
  • Width
  • Height
  • Coordinate X
  • Coordinate Y

Fallback makes sense to me but why would you then be able to choose wich one you want ?
Fallback is intended to find "something" to show <if found>. Choosing Poster, Fanart, Thumb can then be empty (from a theory side) and / or maybe not match the configured art size (meaning setting poster as fallback for clearlogo for exemple). So, it's no more a fallback in it's own definition. Why not just leaving the skin to find the matchin one ?

(2016-03-09, 21:51)Jayz2K Wrote: There will be no more custom lists. They will be made directly inside the designer. Since items background will be customizable, will be up to you to add a case picture.

Wow, I'm speechless
(2016-03-10, 10:45)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-03-07, 23:59)djoole Wrote:
  • Width
  • Height
  • Coordinate X
  • Coordinate Y

Fallback makes sense to me but why would you then be able to choose wich one you want ?
Fallback is intended to find "something" to show <if found>. Choosing Poster, Fanart, Thumb can then be empty (from a theory side) and / or maybe not match the configured art size (meaning setting poster as fallback for clearlogo for exemple). So, it's no more a fallback in it's own definition. Why not just leaving the skin to find the matchin one ?

Agreed.
Fallback in the true sense of the word it is, then Smile

(2016-03-09, 21:51)Jayz2K Wrote: There will be no more custom lists. They will be made directly inside the designer. Since items background will be customizable, will be up to you to add a case picture.

OK, cool fot the custom list being made from the UI.
But as for the media case, I wasn't talking about just a common bitmap part of the list, but a media case changing from item to item, showing for instance a BRD case for a media identified as Bluray by Kodi, a DVD case for media identified as DVD, etc. )

Is it already possible in the actual custom lists? Reynald seems to think it is, but I don't understand how. I would like to create my own custom list with media case while waiting for ReKOver ;-)
I assume I would need to put cases bitmaps in media folder, but then I don't know what to put in the custom list XML for it to choose the good bitmpa according to media type..
(2016-03-09, 22:35)Jayz2K Wrote:

Go crazy my friend ! Nod
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ReKOver : Skinning tool project2