• 55(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
I am using Win 7 by the way?
Something strange is going on then.
I have xonfluence on windows 7, windows 10, android, openelec and have had since it started.
No loss of data ever.
And yet it is being reported by a few people.
What were you doing when you lost settings? Anything unusual?
Edit: did you lose anything else? Or just skin settings?
I clicked on a music file and it froze, with the windows wheel going round and round, with Kodi showing not responding, x key on keyboard not reponding either, so I had no choice but to reboot Kodi, and keeps going back to Xonfluence 101, my skin settings are lost every time.
Can I add a widget of a super folder with the new xonfluence jarvis??was using video nodes with helix and working fine but not after updating to jarvis and xonfluence updated itself...tryed the custom widget option but doesnt seem to work with super favourites...SOLVED
(2016-03-09, 20:13)trogggy Wrote: Something strange is going on then.
I have xonfluence on windows 7, windows 10, android, openelec and have had since it started.
No loss of data ever.

Troggy I had 'Update library on startup' enabled when I first experienced the loss of settings problem. It seemed that if there were addon updates at the same time as a Library update at Kodi startup, Kodi was possibly likely to freeze on me. It was then a case of power off, restart and sometimes I would still 'have' my Xonfluence settings following the restart, other times I would lose them. I have since disabled Update Library at startup and installed the addon "Watchdog". With Watchdog I can still update the library at Kodi startup, but I can now delay Watchdog starting which I have set to 15 seconds after the Kodi Startup.

This seems to provide enough for time for any addon to begin its update if required and then Watchdog kicks in. I can't remember losing my settings since installing and setting up Watchdog except for possibly one or two times. This could possibly happen after 'waking' the Minix from a long 'sleep' and not allowing it to fully get back into full operating action. The advice is to 'take your time'.

The loss of settings has only ever happened on my main Android Box, a Minix Neo X8-H Plus. I never had the problem on my Samsung Tablet, nor my PC or Laptop.

When I checked the skin settings xml file it would register 0kb after a loss of settings, where as the backup copy I now have is a whisker under 60kb. Other times when I lost the skin settings (and I only ever lost the skin settings) the xml file could be something like 45kb.

I am using File Manager HD and have saved the user addons folder as a 'favorite'. So if there ever is a loss of settings, it takes me around 30 seconds to get them all back again!...... thanks to your help earlier.

I copy/paste the Kodi files from my Minix to all other platforms so I have virtually the same Kodi setup running on most devices but only seem to lose the Xonfluence skin settings on the Minix.

However I see where Confluence will not be available on Kodi 17. In Xonfluence, I have greater control over Shortcuts than In Confluence. Possibly the ability better manage shortcuts will be possible in the Kodi 17 default skin?
How can I unlink/Relink the home menu items? e.g. When they click "Movies" I dont want anything to happen.
Use the Kodi Command
I found it. In userdata\addon_data\skin.xonfluence\settings.xml

I changed

Code:
<setting id="HomeItem.6.Path" type="string">ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles,return)</setting>

to

Code:
<setting id="HomeItem.6.Path" type="string">ActivateWindow()</setting>
Easier to just use the Kodi Command and name your home menu item MOVIES
(2016-03-10, 03:31)tvguru Wrote: Easier to just use the Kodi Command and name your home menu item MOVIES
I didn't know that was possible. Thanks!
(2016-03-09, 20:13)trogggy Wrote: Something strange is going on then.
No loss of data ever.

I am having loss of settings as well with Android box 4.4. It seems to lose only the last changes for some reason after a reboot of KODI.

My favorite skin!! Thank you for developing.
(2016-03-10, 18:05)rkbelote Wrote: I am having loss of settings as well with Android box 4.4. It seems to lose only the last changes for some reason after a reboot of KODI.

My favorite skin!! Thank you for developing.
Hope that's not aimed at me - I'm just waffling here, Helly's the one performing the magic tricks..
You're losing changes you make during a session but not losing them altogether? That doesn't sound like it's necessarily a skin problem, sounds more like it (kodi) isn't shutting down properly - for whatever reason.
Is kodi exiting gracefully, or are you having to force it when you lose settings like that?

I think, btw, you could save settings mid-session if you map a couple of buttons or favourites to unload skin and reload skin (built-in functions). Pretty sure that causes a write. Hacky, but...
Newbie here, so no, just thought Helly might see. Your post seemed similar to my issue. Yes, you may be on to something about not a graceful exit. I will try to do the mapping trick as well. Would be nice to have a save / restore option. Seems I remember that option in other skins.
(2016-03-10, 20:51)rkbelote Wrote: Newbie here, so no, just thought Helly might see. Your post seemed similar to my issue. Yes, you may be on to something about not a graceful exit. I will try to do the mapping trick as well. Would be nice to have a save / restore option. Seems I remember that option in other skins.
This is happening also to me on openelec...when i change something and reboot it's not saving the new settings...simple but effective way I m using is going to appearance and change to confluence..then back to xonfluence and voila...

Something I noticed is that the only setting that is not sticking is the 50% transperencey for home floor...
(2016-03-09, 03:10)Emulators Wrote: How can i set up Pictures widget?
There is option for custom widget but what to enter there to have picture slideshow widget?
You ll need to do it manually...to have an idea add the item you want as a widget to favourites...encode it and play from there Decoder/Encoder
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13