• 43(current)
Release Experimental Google Music Addon
(2016-03-08, 19:25)foreverguest Wrote:
(2016-03-06, 21:08)sal.p60 Wrote:
(2016-03-06, 17:30)foreverguest Wrote: All-Access/Unlimited user?

unlimited user

Please test version below for a fix:
plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.7.2

Yessssss.
It works wonderful.
Thank You very very much.
Hi Foreverguest,

Look that:

https://support.google.com/googleplay/an...0658?hl=en

Is it possible for you to add this functionality?

Thank you
It is possible, but very hard without seeing what´s going on under the hood.

I can try a few test versions and if you can test and send some logs back maybe we can figure it out.
Thats OK for me !

No problems to send the logs.

Let me knows for any help.
hi how do I get the album information such as rating and liner notes your addon is a great addon I have a all acess account and if I press an it says no information it would be nice to intergrate the album infomation script from kodi to this addon
@foreverguest

Can you please post the proper current steps for getting this addon up and running? It doesn't seem to be as simple as just logging in.

I've tried to piece it together after reading all 43 pages, and my windows machine is working perfectly (including both profiles) but I can't get my ipad to work, for some reason I always get "Invalid credentials or connectivity problems".

- I have installed Google Play Music on an android device, and its working there.
- To get my Windows Kodi machine to work I copied the device id of the android device from here: https://play.google.com/music/listen?hl=...ntsettings and pasted it into the Kodi Google Music settings. Is this correct? My windows machine works.

I see in the settings for the windows machine that a token has been generated, etc, however on my ipad it doesn't want to do any of that.

How should I proceed? If you need a log, which one?

THANKS for the great addon though, I see the potential already on my windows machine.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2016-03-11, 04:24)mystic84 Wrote: hi how do I get the album information such as rating and liner notes your addon is a great addon I have a all acess account and if I press an it says no information it would be nice to intergrate the album infomation script from kodi to this addon
Sorry we don't have that information in the addon for now.
I didn't know it was possible to see that information with Kodi.
(2016-03-11, 17:13)jmh2002 Wrote: @foreverguest

Can you please post the proper current steps for getting this addon up and running? It doesn't seem to be as simple as just logging in.

I've tried to piece it together after reading all 43 pages, and my windows machine is working perfectly (including both profiles) but I can't get my ipad to work, for some reason I always get "Invalid credentials or connectivity problems".

- I have installed Google Play Music on an android device, and its working there.
- To get my Windows Kodi machine to work I copied the device id of the android device from here: https://play.google.com/music/listen?hl=...ntsettings and pasted it into the Kodi Google Music settings. Is this correct? My windows machine works.

I see in the settings for the windows machine that a token has been generated, etc, however on my ipad it doesn't want to do any of that.

How should I proceed? If you need a log, which one?

THANKS for the great addon though, I see the potential already on my windows machine.
This seems to be a problem with your authentication, do you use 2-step authentication? If so try creating an app specific password.
If still failing please upload your 'kodi.log' file to http://xbmclogs.com and post the link here.
I don't use 2 step authentication for this account (I wanted to get it working without that first).

Are the setup steps I posted previously correct? Is it really necessary to manually edit the settings.xml and paste in the mobile device id? This seems strange and its very unclear if trying to follow the instructions on page 1.

Do you need just the kodi.log, or do you need kodi debug turned on. What about the debug switch in the addon itself?

I would appreciate it if you could please clarify the various points and then hopefully we can make some progress.

But THANKS for the addon, because from what I see so far on my windows machine its great Nod
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
If you don't use 2 step authentication you have to enable 'less secure apps'.

It should not be necessary to edit the settings.xml, the device id is obtained online automatically by the addon in the authentication process.

Only the addon debug switch must be on.
Thanks, I deleted the addon and userdata and did a totally clean install to run the test. I PM'd you the kodi.log link.

Just to remind you, I have a working setup on my windows machine, so the problem seems to be directly related to iOS (both Kodi installs are identical).

THANKS Smile
I deleted all the plugin data, installed the latest version.. everything works except for playlists. It lists playlists but they're all blank. Any ideas?
(2016-03-16, 03:36)eQUIV Wrote: I deleted all the plugin data, installed the latest version.. everything works except for playlists. It lists playlists but they're all blank. Any ideas?
Are you a subscriber? There was a bug in version 1.7.1 that prevented loading store songs in playlists, which should be fixed in version 1.7.2.

If that is not your case, please upload your 'kodi.log' file after trying to open the playlists.
@foreverguest

As I mentioned by PM the test version you sent me seems to have fixed the problems on my iOS device, THANK YOU Smile

But something seems to be not ok with doing a manual 'Update Library'. It seems to reset the googlemusic.db file to zero, and then of course the addon doesn't work.

I tested this on both v1.7.1 as well as the test v1.7.3 that you sent me and I have the same problem in both cases.

Can anyone else confirm the same problem?

Also a small side issue, is the "I'm feeling luck mix" a typo? Should it be "I'm feeling lucky mix" ?

THANKS Smile
PS: While I think of it, would it please be possible to add a setting to force a certain view id for the different levels, eg: at least Artist, Album, Track, etc?

I don't mind going through and setting up my views for the initial categories (and hopefully Kodi will remember them correctly) however that becomes almost impossible to do after you go deeper into the library.

THANKS Smile
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Experimental Google Music Addon17