Ace for Kodi - Jarvis and beyond... so far
Wink 
I see that I'm not the only one that love the Ace skin. So here it is! Compatible with Kodi Jarvis 16.0 and above!

I'm not in any way trying to take away from the original developer of this add-on. If I violated any rules, let me know and I'll take it down.

Everything works and you can even use the Ace Extra Pack! However I couldn't get the Extra Pack to load properly on the Amazon Fire Stick.

Also in file manager when you go to add source, the keyboard goes into the background and not the foreground.

Not a big deal if you're using a keyboard. But if you're using a remote, it can be quite difficult.

Click on me for the download you've finally waited for!
So great!

I was trying out Aeon MQ6, but Ace is still the best skin for me. Aeon has much more features, but most of them are unimportant for me. I don't understand why so many skins uses horizontal menus. A vertical menu is much more useful.

Will try it out after coming home today :-)

Thanks a lot!

Matthias
(2016-03-10, 12:32)Matthias030 Wrote: So great!

I was trying out Aeon MQ6, but Ace is still the best skin for me. Aeon has much more features, but most of them are unimportant for me. I don't understand why so many skins uses horizontal menus. A vertical menu is much more useful.

Will try it out after coming home today :-)

Thanks a lot!

Matthias

You're welcome. I agree. Vertical menus are more useful in my opinion.
Doesn't work.... says error when I try to install it.
(2016-03-11, 06:30)ht-eman Wrote: Doesn't work.... says error when I try to install it.

That's odd. Are you adding the zip file as is without manually opening it?
My main problem with Ace and the reason that i stopped using it (which is a shame cause it is great). Everytime i open a window, like i enter VIDEOS the screen will go to the extendedinfo addon. And that happens everywhere all the time. So i stopped using it and now i use another skin, but i always come back here to see if it's fixed. Tried this version and the same problem happens Sad
(2016-03-12, 01:18)dr.joaomarcelo Wrote: My main problem with Ace and the reason that i stopped using it (which is a shame cause it is great). Everytime i open a window, like i enter VIDEOS the screen will go to the extendedinfo addon. And that happens everywhere all the time. So i stopped using it and now i use another skin, but i always come back here to see if it's fixed. Tried this version and the same problem happens Sad

There's a script that needs to be disabled. I can't remember which one it is. I know for a fact that if you install a fresh kodi, it doesn't happen. There's a few builds that cause this to happen as well. If you start fresh, add the skin, don't add builds, then manually put your add-ons in, you'll be fine.
(2016-03-12, 02:02)da_don_1 Wrote:
(2016-03-12, 01:18)dr.joaomarcelo Wrote: My main problem with Ace and the reason that i stopped using it (which is a shame cause it is great). Everytime i open a window, like i enter VIDEOS the screen will go to the extendedinfo addon. And that happens everywhere all the time. So i stopped using it and now i use another skin, but i always come back here to see if it's fixed. Tried this version and the same problem happens Sad

There's a script that needs to be disabled. I can't remember which one it is. I know for a fact that if you install a fresh kodi, it doesn't happen. There's a few builds that cause this to happen as well. If you start fresh, add the skin, don't add builds, then manually put your add-ons in, you'll be fine.

It is ExtendedInfo Script.
You can not disable it while Ace or Aeon MQ is running or enabled. Therefore you can follow the instructions below.
1. Switch another skin (confluence recomended)
2. From Add-Ons menu disable Ace and Aeon MQ
3. From Add-Ons menu disable "ExtendedInfo Script"
4. From Add-Ons menu enable Ace and Aeon MQ
5. Switch to Ace skin back.
(2016-03-12, 03:04)aeronics Wrote: It is ExtendedInfo Script.
You can not disable it while Ace or Aeon MQ is running or enabled. Therefore you can follow the instructions below.
1. Switch another skin (confluence recomended)
2. From Add-Ons menu disable Ace and Aeon MQ
3. From Add-Ons menu disable "ExtendedInfo Script"
4. From Add-Ons menu enable Ace and Aeon MQ
5. Switch to Ace skin back.

Yeah that's the one. I know that there is this option but some addons need extendedinfo to work properly. Also most skins need it also. So i won't be able to use some addons and most of other skins if i choose to use ACE withou extendedinfo script. I would hope to not need to do this sacrifice. Oh well, thanks anyway. I appreciate your effort.
Thanks for this!

Any ideas to solve this - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2264745
da_don_1, the link you have for the skin does not work.
Hi,

any chance to get a working link?
Or how can I get the modded version for Jarvis...?

Eternal thanks in advance! Wink
+1

I finally found a porting of the skin for jarvis, and the link don't work ;(
+1 for a working link Smile
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
I just got ACE to work on Jarvis! here's how:

got the master skin here https://github.com/muCkk/skin.ace/archive/master.zip

went to add ons, look/feel, skins, install from zip

selected zip, got dependencies not met message

extracted zip to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons

and then selected ACE in the appearance skin

VOILA!

hope it helps! Ive been using a gotham build for years!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ace for Kodi - Jarvis and beyond... so far1