• 56(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
(2016-03-10, 21:39)mariofenech Wrote:
(2016-03-09, 03:10)Emulators Wrote: How can i set up Pictures widget?
There is option for custom widget but what to enter there to have picture slideshow widget?
You ll need to do it manually...to have an idea add the item you want as a widget to favourites...encode it and play from there Decoder/Encoder

That much i know add to favs and then copy part of favorites.xml to custom widget box.
What i dont know is what to add to favs so i have picture slideshow saved as favorite.
There is Kodi future to run images as slideshow, im trying to get that as widget.
(2016-03-10, 18:17)trogggy Wrote:
(2016-03-10, 18:05)rkbelote Wrote: I am having loss of settings as well with Android box 4.4. It seems to lose only the last changes for some reason after a reboot of KODI.

My favorite skin!! Thank you for developing.
Hope that's not aimed at me - I'm just waffling here, Helly's the one performing the magic tricks..
You're losing changes you make during a session but not losing them altogether? That doesn't sound like it's necessarily a skin problem, sounds more like it (kodi) isn't shutting down properly - for whatever reason.
Is kodi exiting gracefully, or are you having to force it when you lose settings like that?

I think, btw, you could save settings mid-session if you map a couple of buttons or favourites to unload skin and reload skin (built-in functions). Pretty sure that causes a write. Hacky, but...

Troggy, some more feedback for you. Been working fine with all my settings being retained. My Minix was powered off for around 6 hours yesterday, turned it on last night to watch a couple of shows and the settings were gone ... again. 30 seconds later after a quick copy/paste they were back and all was perfect again.

Watched it for around 70 minutes when there was a slight electricity/power blip. The Minix was powered off (like pulling the power lead) along with the amplifier.

I restarted the Minix and Kodi and everything was still there, no settings loss despite the incorrect exit of Kodi and the Minix, perfect!

So I am not convinced it's the saving of settings during Kodi shutdown that causes the settings to be lost.

By the way I have reinstalled Helly's Repo and now I am using the latest version of Xonfluence

But I am no expert!
Pulling the power doesn't usually (or at least always) cause a problem. If kodi just instantly stops then as long as nothing's being written it should be okay. A long time ago - before I knew better - I'd restore guisettings.xml by writing it to a pi from my pc then pulling the plug!
So that doesn't mean much I'm afraid.
I can't reproduce it anyway - so far, touch wood.
Troggy, just started Kodi and .... settings have gone again. But I have now got copy/paste down to 20 seconds!
Hi Helly and Hi all.

May i offer tiny Xonfluence edited theme to get added to release?
Could call it Frankenstein Big Grin, inspired by Ace skin and Confluence Flat sort of.

Here are some screenshots.
added new homewidget.png in xbt

There is few bugs tho hiding in xml somewhere, close button is under black-back2 image and menu switch is under menufocus image

I don't dig much about xml codding so some colors could be improved but otherwise theme works nice with any colors in xonfluence, using "Gray" color theme in images.

Let me know what you think.
Hello,

I set up xonfluence to auto update my add-ons. However; even with auto update enabled, my add-ons do not update themselves I noticed. I have to manually go in to add-ons browser, click left, and select check for updates. Then the add-ons update. Anyone else with this problem or know a fix. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
That modification above looks awesome by the way!
(2016-03-07, 06:37)Emulators Wrote: Hi Helly,
I come up with tiny upgrade after seeing changes to sideblade, hope you like it.

In any case here it is.

Don't mind sideblade in image its from my tweaked flat theme.

Or this.
So hard to find perfection Big Grin

Zip: https://mega.nz/#!kAY32LpK!v9aKjJhuIcI8X...lfcUPqB4tc

includes.xml changes

<control type="button" id="9001">
<left>255</left> to 250
<width>10</width> to 42

images are 42x42p (not necessary to stay that way tho, just info)

Looks nice, going to use it in the next update

Helly.
(2016-03-08, 12:44)ACME_Corp Wrote: I'd like to make a suggestion.
Could you add an option in movies' context menu to watch the trailer diectly?

Thank you.

I'll add it in the next update

Helly.
Hi All,

I'm sorry that some of you experiencing issues with updating settings or crashing kodi. As I already told you before, this is not something I can help as it is not a skin issue.

I would ask every-one to make a backup of settings.xml to not lose your settings when kodi crashes or you have a power dip. And take care that the settings file is not real-only or that the partition is not mounted as read-only.

On kodi crashes, please check the logfile and try to find the real cause of the crash rather than blaming the skin for being unstable. I do not experience crashes and an error in the skin usually doesn't cause a crash (only an error message in the log-file). So I think those issues have a different source.

Helly.
(2016-03-12, 06:53)Durex Wrote: Hello,

I set up xonfluence to auto update my add-ons. However; even with auto update enabled, my add-ons do not update themselves I noticed. I have to manually go in to add-ons browser, click left, and select check for updates. Then the add-ons update. Anyone else with this problem or know a fix. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Try disabling auto update & download the Watchdog addon it's a program addon (may have to seach for the source or from an installer), also some have set it to start after 15 seconds within it's configuration settings? My addons update ok but I have used this in the past.
(2016-03-10, 20:51)rkbelote Wrote: Newbie here, so no, just thought Helly might see. Your post seemed similar to my issue. Yes, you may be on to something about not a graceful exit. I will try to do the mapping trick as well. Would be nice to have a save / restore option. Seems I remember that option in other skins.

(2016-03-10, 21:28)mariofenech Wrote:
(2016-03-10, 20:51)rkbelote Wrote: Newbie here, so no, just thought Helly might see. Your post seemed similar to my issue. Yes, you may be on to something about not a graceful exit. I will try to do the mapping trick as well. Would be nice to have a save / restore option. Seems I remember that option in other skins.
This is happening also to me on openelec...when i change something and reboot it's not saving the new settings...simple but effective way I m using is going to appearance and change to confluence..then back to xonfluence and voila...

Something I noticed is that the only setting that is not sticking is the 50% transperencey for home floor...
Just make sure you power off when exiting Kodi, then the settings or changes will be saved everytime, if you use the home button to goto a launcher (while using a AFTV) or shutting the window on (Windows system) it will not save properly.

Hope this helps If so press that thanks button
(2016-03-11, 06:30)Emulators Wrote: Hi Helly and Hi all.

May i offer tiny Xonfluence edited theme to get added to release?
Could call it Frankenstein Big Grin, inspired by Ace skin and Confluence Flat sort of.

Here are some screenshots.

added new homewidget.png in xbt

There is few bugs tho hiding in xml somewhere, close button is under black-back2 image and menu switch is under menufocus image

I don't dig much about xml codding so some colors could be improved but otherwise theme works nice with any colors in xonfluence, using "Gray" color theme in images.

Let me know what you think.

Looks nice.

Helly.
(2016-03-12, 06:53)Durex Wrote: Hello,

Thanks

Hey,

I've noticed that too, but unfortunately this is also not skin related. I don't think kodi polls for auto-updates very often when kodi is running. What I need to do is manually update or restart kodi.

Helly.
Hi all,

Again some 'minor' updates.

I'm going to take a small break from skinning. Don't bother, I'll be back.

Enjoy.

- Updated german translation
- Update sideblade label #791
- Watch trailer in movies context menu #803/ #808
Enjoy your break, thanks for all your work Helly.
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13