• 177(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2016-03-13, 22:27)dukester Wrote: Pirates can also release 4k bluray captures in HDR quality right now with the current technology that they are using to rip the 4k netflix and amazon stuff, all they need is a high powered capture device that can capture at quality levels at or above UHD bluray.. which is available and at least one or some of them must have access to one currently. im really surprised no torrents have popped up from a legit UHD bluray source yet..

Because, as you stated, no one really cares about 4K. To go through all the trouble that you describe at this stage in the game is just doing it for the sake of saying you can do it. I can't even buy a 4K disc at major retailers in my major city yet. Walmart employees looked at me like I was from Mars when I asked where their 4K discs where and pointed me to some junk TV's with a shiny sticker on them I wouldn't even buy for a homeless man to make a home out of the bow with.
(2016-03-13, 22:38)Dave the Minion Wrote: You have 1 first hand report. I've read many more who've achieved positive results. So unlike you I've done actual research rather than just jumped on my soap box to say I know everything because I did 1 test and my results are negative. Never mind your original statement is still false because you failed to understand the difference between the drive reading a disc and the method then used for playback. You really should have stopped when you were already behind rather than try to catch up and instead trip over your own feet and fall flat on your face. I've you'd like to turn that scraped knee into a broken nose though, well, keep going as you were.
I will agree with you on this: "Never mind your original statement is still false because you failed to understand the difference between the drive reading a disc and the method then used for playback" I shouldn't have used the word "play" there. What I really meant is reading the disc. The rest of your post, I have no comments, other than it shows your immaturity.

****EDIT****
I am going to give Dave the Minion a little more credit. I had not seen this discussion at AVS Forums: UHD Blu-ray Disc in BDXL drive What I gleaned from the discussion is, currently there is one LG BDXL drive that can recognize UHD Blu-rays- BH16NS55/WH16NS40. It also seemed like only drives that were manufactured after Oct. 2015 are able to read UHD Blu-ray. I will try to get that drive and test my UHD Blu-rays. Based on this new knowledge, I am going to edit my initial post Smile
(2016-03-13, 22:42)Dave the Minion Wrote: Because, as you stated, no one really cares about 4K. To go through all the trouble that you describe at this stage in the game is just doing it for the sake of saying you can do it. I can't even buy a 4K disc at major retailers in my major city yet. Walmart employees looked at me like I was from Mars when I asked where their 4K discs where and pointed me to some junk TV's with a shiny sticker on them I wouldn't even buy for a homeless man to make a home out of the bow with.
You don't have a Best Buy in your major city?
(2016-03-13, 22:44)wesk05 Wrote: You don't have a Best Buy in your major city?

I do. They have no 4K discs on shelves to purchase. They barely have Blu-ray discs anymore. Which was my point. They don't care. Walmart doesn't care. Consumers don't care.

All of this is so far beyond the point of this thread (3D playback device with HD audio) that I'm taking it off my subscribed threads list. HTPC is now that device for me anyways.
wesk05, how's the lower leg after Dave the "Terrier" Minion has now taken a good bite of it ? Wink

So back in the land of 3D...

I see the Android Assassin aka Koying has dusted off his AML 3D MVC + ISO code and released SPMC Jarvis 16.1 with the experimental AMLogic half-res 3D MVC playback capabilities baked in: SPMC

(2016-03-13, 22:27)dukester Wrote: Pirates can also release 4k bluray captures in HDR quality right now with the current technology that they are using to rip the 4k netflix and amazon stuff, all they need is a high powered capture device that can capture at quality levels at or above UHD bluray.. which is available and at least one or some of them must have access to one currently. im really surprised no torrents have popped up from a legit UHD bluray source yet..

Because it would not be a Legit source. The netflix 4k and amazon HDR is not that same as UHD BD. The specs are different in amazon/netflix case the video is encoded with the HDR. In terms of UHD BD there is separate side channels that contain more information the just the video stream. In SMPTE 2084/2086 the video is encoded with different transfer functions then another stream contains metadata for gamut and min/max luminance and other settings for the display to work with. Then if you get into Dolby Vision HDR it contains a whole separate stream for all the HDR data. So while you can capture the video playing it wont be accurate for every display as you are getting what that capture device/tv display does with the data that might not be the same as another device.

There is really no saying what combinations studios will use.
(2016-03-14, 03:49)wrxtasy Wrote: wesk05, how's the lower leg after Dave the "Terrier" Minion has now taken a good bite of it ? Wink
You are asking about my leg? I don't have a nose now. It is all gone. This one isn't anything like the thousands of minions I have seen before. I am staying away from this one RoflRoflRofl
(2016-03-14, 03:49)wrxtasy Wrote: I see the Android Assassin aka Koying...

Not far, Koying was lvl 12 Ninja Wink
(2016-03-13, 12:37)wrxtasy Wrote: Current list of software to even Rip your own UHD Bluray purchased titles:

NONE Wink
So now the big question:
What content is meant to be played by players like new Himedia?
1. Legal content:
- Netflix, Amazon, Mgo: did Himedia has support for secure OS SDK for Netflix/Amazon acceptance? I don't see in specifications, so without DRM no streaming HDR
- disc. This is a big joke, never/ever someone will put a slim BD player on this to play 4k bluray.
- some demo clips. Well, this is the only one legal content that I see, but who will buy a player for this. And I don't see any Dolby Vision clips.
2. Ilegal content, as you sayed, none available.
Now the big question is, Dolby licensed Himedia (and other players) rights to use it's EOTF processing (and labeling) for what content?
(2016-03-14, 10:36)hansolo Wrote: So now the big question:
What content is meant to be played by players like new Himedia?
1. Legal content:
- Netflix, Amazon, Mgo: did Himedia has support for secure OS SDK for Netflix/Amazon acceptance? I don't see in specifications, so without DRM no streaming HDR

"The two new processors [Amlogic S905X / S912] will also support 4K VP9 video decoding, feature a DAC, HDMI 2.0a, support for HDR10 media profile and/or Dolby Vision.
The company has also improved DRM support in their latest processors, including S905 itself, with support for Google Widewine Level 1 & 3, Verimatrix Standard and Advanced, Microsoft Playready 2.0 (TVP and non TVP), Internet Marlin 1.7, and Vudu DRM. DRM is enabled thanks to “Secure OS”, but it’s not needed for the most basic DRM solutions such as Widewine Level 3, Verimatrix Standard, and PlayReady 2.0 Non-TVP. So as we’ve seen recently that most Amlogic S905 TV box lack DRM support, a firmware upgrade should be enough to enable these, but any DRM scheme that requires Secure OS is likely impossible on devices that have not been flashed with Secure OS at the factory."
http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/12/17/a...z42vgMsv9Q
Universal audio/video receiver (Dolby Atmos, DTS-X, etc.) is achieved.
Universal HDR TV (HDR10, Dolby Vision, HEVC HLG HDR, VP9-HLG / VP9-PQ YouTube HDR, Dynamic HDR) is required.

Push for universal HDR TV!
With the 3D MVC on windows now possible i'm a bit confused.
So it works on a nuc with windows.
Does 3D MVC work on NUC with openelec?
Or does it rely on the intel hardware/software(drivers) combo so only windows?

Now i have the RPi2 openelec and love the always on kodi so i dont want to go back to a windows htpc Smile
So if i get it right, Netflix 4k wont work on the new Himedia q10 q5 pro ?
@dsenseb, 3D MVC works w/NUC hardware with Intel graphics under Windows 8 and above (Win10 recommended). Standard drivers via Windows Update. Not on OpenELEC (yet anyway). I hear you on Pi2... if you don't need HD audio bitstreaming (and multichannel output is fine), you may as well stick with Pi.

@hausmanis, that's correct. Only way to get Netflix 4K on a media player is nVidia Shield TV and Amazon Fire TV gen2.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-03-15, 23:02)hdmkv Wrote: @hausmanis, that's correct. Only way to get Netflix 4K on a media player is nVidia Shield TV and Amazon Fire TV gen2.

What about Roku 4 & Tivo Bolt? (You didn't mention Android media player Wink)
@hdmkv could you update the chart with a windows media player like a nuc so the differences are clear? Thx
  • 177(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17