• 212(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Anybody having problem accessing his NAS via SMB?
Sometimes, often after watching an episode or a film (located in the SMB share), when I want to launch another one, i get a YES/NO dialog like "the video is not here anymore, do you want to remove it from library"
When I go see system statistics (skin dependant i think), network is shown as "not connected", without IP adress etc.
And after a while network is up again..
During this problems, Kodi is the only one not seeing the network (ie SMB share is OK from file explorer)
No problems here buddy
(2016-03-14, 13:38)ashlar Wrote:
(2016-03-11, 13:33)*Roma* Wrote:
(2016-03-09, 20:27)ashlar Wrote: wanilton, would you be available to do some small modifications to the code and then have test builds? I ask because DSPlayer selects for internet streams LAV Splitter, by default and with no way of overriding it. I think it's a simple change.

You can override it by using url="true" in mediasconfig.xml, like it's done in NextPVR mediasconfig rules.
For example:

mediasconfig.xml:
Code:
<rule protocols="https|http" url="false">
   <splitter filter="lavsplitter" />
   <video filter="lavvideo" />
   <audio filter="lavaudio" />
</rule>
<rule url="true" protocols="https|http">
   <source filter="urlfilesource" />
</rule>

filtersconfig.xml:
Code:
<filter name="urlfilesource" type="source">
   <guid>{E436EBB6-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770}</guid>
   <issplitter>false</issplitter>
   <osdname>File Source (URL)</osdname>
</filter>
Thanks Roma, I tested this and it works. Warner306, I might have missed this in your guide, but it seems undocumented. In case I missed it, sorry.

It is documented for Live TV users. I think it can be left there. Those with a special interest such as yourself can be directed to that page. Good to know it works.
(2016-03-14, 17:12)djoole Wrote: Anybody having problem accessing his NAS via SMB?
Sometimes, often after watching an episode or a film (located in the SMB share), when I want to launch another one, i get a YES/NO dialog like "the video is not here anymore, do you want to remove it from library"
When I go see system statistics (skin dependant i think), network is shown as "not connected", without IP adress etc.
During this problems, Kodi is the only one not seeing the network (ie SMB share is OK from file explorer)

You have had nothing but problems. I'm surprised you are still putting up with DSPlayer.
Can't resolve to give up on Kodi... And vanilla Kodi is not good enough in quality terms...
I don't have these weird network problems with win10 and my BSOD/crashes seem resolved (OC related) so I might give a last try to a win10 clean install and hopefully get a stable system...
(2016-03-14, 17:12)djoole Wrote: Anybody having problem accessing his NAS via SMB?

Here , No problem accessing his NAS via SMB , with two NAS , if network is shown as not connected or is state changed the route of average , is success after cleaning library , it is notified , do you want to remove it from library , this the I can confirm for experience.
(2016-03-13, 22:39)Warner306 Wrote: No, you can't override automatic refresh rate switching for specific rules unless you use DVDPlayer as a second player. Refresh rate switching applies to each player independently.

Dang I was really hoping to keep my display at 60HZ for certain videos when using SVP and for all other change the display to what every the source's frame rate is

(2016-03-13, 22:39)Warner306 Wrote: I don't have enough experience with SVP to understand why it starts with every rule. I would suggest abandoning SVP and using smooth motion in madVR instead. Or completely eliminate frame interpolation and stick with refresh rate matching, which is actually considered the correct way to playback a video. If you wanted to use smooth motion, you could make a madVR profile rule for the filename "Animation," similar to how it is done in Kodi.
I've determined that this isn't a SVP issue. I have the SVP manager always running and all it is doing is wait to connect to FFDShow Raw filter when it becomes active. Even without SVP running the FFDShow Raw filter loads up. It seems like the Rules system isn't detecting all the rules correctly. I'm not sure why.

Does anyone have any complex Media rules setup that I can use as example and possibly test out?
(2016-03-13, 22:39)Warner306 Wrote: I don't have enough experience with SVP to understand why it starts with every rule. I would suggest abandoning SVP and using smooth motion in madVR instead. Or completely eliminate frame interpolation and stick with refresh rate matching, which is actually considered the correct way to playback a video. If you wanted to use smooth motion, you could make a madVR profile rule for the filename "Animation," similar to how it is done in Kodi.

smoothmotion and SVP try to achieve different things and shouldn't be compared and are no real replacement for each other.

23p source on a 60 hz screen example
smoothmotion trys to display the frames in a way that it looks like you are watching it at 23hz and it is as smooth as as the source could be. it never trys to make it more smooth than the source so it is not changing the creators intend.

SVP on the other hand is creating new frames and is trys to make the source as smooth as a real 60 FPS video.

this is a very big difference.
(2016-03-15, 16:28)huhn Wrote:

smoothmotion and SVP try to achieve different things and shouldn't be compared and are no real replacement for each other.

smoothmotion trys to display the frames in a way that it looks like you are watching it at 23hz and it is as smooth as as the source could be. it never trys to make it more smooth than the source so it is not changing the creators intend.

SVP on the other hand is creating new frames and is trys to make the source as smooth as a real 60 FPS video.

Sure, I could agree with that. But they both look the same to me. Even smooth motion is artificial compared to 3:2 pulldown.
(2016-03-16, 02:36)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 16:28)huhn Wrote:

Sure, I could agree with that. But they both look the same to me. Even smooth motion is artificial compared to 3:2 pulldown.

I really doubt it. It was very different thing. Surely can't be look the same. I believe you said that you don't use SVP so just stop with that.

Many (myself included) prefer no frame interpolation since it's artificial and result usually feel unreal. But in certain cases like animation I prefer using SVP over normal matching refresh rate method.
(2016-03-16, 02:36)Warner306 Wrote: Sure, I could agree with that. But they both look the same to me. Even smooth motion is artificial compared to 3:2 pulldown.

and you are sure there is nothing wrong with your TV?

the usually effect of SM is that the image appears less sparp. if it get's more extreme at lower refreshrates you may see ghosting but SM is not capable of more it can't do more to the source.
The latest Isengard build appears to have a critical bug that makes Kodi crash when it's idle for a longer time. A search for the error's description brought me to DSPlayer. Since I can't yet use Jarvis because of that screensaver bug, I guess it's end of the road for DSPlayer to me. Sad Back to MPC-HC as external player for me, it seems... Or the standard Kodi player.
I don't remember this isengard issue.. and what is this screensaver bug you're talking about?
ok guys I'm back with more issues (No I haven't soved the media rules and SVP issue yet). I just downloaded "The New Batman Adventures", a cartoon I loved when I was a kid. When I go to play it I get the following error from reclock.

After looking at the format of the video and comparing it to other videos that have been encoded using xvid with an mp3 audio track I noticed that this show was the only one with 24kHz audio. So reclock is complaining about my hardware not supporting this which it seems it doesn't based on the screen shot below. Windows repoorts it as a TV but I have a Yamaha RX-V677 in between my HTPC and TV. It supports about every format. Also I noticed that all the other videos encoded the same have a 48kHz audio track.

So how can I get reclock to render a 24kHz audio track when it says it doesn't support it?
  • 212(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47