• 108(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-03-16, 04:26)Milhouse Wrote: No problems here.

Can you run the following in my OpenELEC test build:
Code:
texturecache.py jd movies "reservoir"
texturecache.py nc movies "reservoir"
cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | pastebinit
and paste the output (note I've assumed your "Reservoir Dogs" movie has the English title).

I ended solving the problem this way:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2283064

Thanks
Any ideas when the binaries of inputstream will be merged with your builds?
Ok I tried a clean build of OE 6.0.3 and confirmed all working fine with passthrough of DTS and DD

Downgraded to 229 and it will play the film "300" with DTS sound without intervention but it is not shown as DTS on my Amp but as "Digital" only and it does not sound right.

Downgraded to 218 and as above

Downgraded to 201 and as above

Downgraded to 129 and it would no longer boot, rainbow screen.
(2016-03-16, 00:22)arnoldjan Wrote: I am not a programmer, so I can only hope the line is picked up during one of the updates during development.

No, it will never be picked. We are producing the correct output without that line.
Adding the line means are are not producing a valid stream, but but fools some equipment that deliberately disallows DTS passthrough,

Insert the sdcard into windows. Open the config.txt file in the directory that is visible (e.g. with notepad).
At the end of that file insert this line:
Code:
hdmi_audio_config=0x200
Hooray for 0315 and pull 9359! For the first time since build 0310, recorded TV is working again. Thanks!!
I had a crash the other day after installing 314. It seems no matter what I do I cannot get the backup addon to recover a saved file. The add on itself comes up in error as soon as Kodi is opened. Then it does not open and has an error. Should I post a log here or is the backup addon not even worth troubling anyone.

Thanks
I have been installing dailies for the past week and somewhere along the line the play/pause and stop buttons on my TV remote stopped working. A problem with the CEC? I can't say for sure when it started though... sorry. I mainly wanted to test the HEVC playback functionality on my RPI3, which is much better than on my RPI2 but still not quite there for 720p, still stutters at times and 1080p is a no go for now, to be expected, I guess.

Anyone else experienced this Remote Control issue? Any steps I can do to help reproduce, short of reverting to 6.0.3? I used default install with Estuary theme. Foolishly switched to the touch interface skin without any option to go back to Estuary so I was forced to delete the userdata.xml for the skin...
Maybe that contributed to the Remote Control problem?

I am a dummy... the remote was set to VCR for those buttons specifically... all working fine for the Remote... false alarm.

Another thing though, I have read about sound issues in previous posts, now this might be unrelated but ever since Openelec5 I think. whenever I turn on the TV my RPI leaves suspend mode as it should (CEC setting) and the TV switches to the HDMI port RPI is connected to. So far so good. However, the Hifi System is connected via coax and optical directly to the TV and I do not get any sound out of it unless I either do a quick tap on the "Test Channels" on the speakers (where white noise is played) or switch input source to something else and then back to KODI, if I don't do that, KODI will remain silent. No biggie really as I always just press the "Test Channels" button on my Hifi Remote and I am not sure it really is KODI or maybe my Hifi setup, altough as I said, it did work at some point before...

Cheers!
(2016-03-16, 13:57)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-03-16, 00:22)arnoldjan Wrote: I am not a programmer, so I can only hope the line is picked up during one of the updates during development.

No, it will never be picked. We are producing the correct output without that line.
Adding the line means are are not producing a valid stream, but but fools some equipment that deliberately disallows DTS passthrough,

Insert the sdcard into windows. Open the config.txt file in the directory that is visible (e.g. with notepad).
At the end of that file insert this line:
Code:
hdmi_audio_config=0x200

Popcornmix, you made my day :-) adding the line did the trick.
Now Dolby as well as DTS work instantly.

On my Windows Kodi box it works without changing the config, so probably the Intel windowsdriver is ...
more intelligent? less picky? But then again, Linux is no Windows
(2016-03-16, 21:24)arnoldjan Wrote: On my Windows Kodi box it works without changing the config, so probably the Intel windowsdriver is ...
more intelligent? less picky? But then again, Linux is no Windows

My guess is the windows driver has the same bug we used to have of not flagging compressed audio.
With that bug some equipment won't accept the passthough.
New OpenELEC.tv Krypton build #0316: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.4.5 #1 Wed Mar 16 21:05:19 GMT 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Mar 15 2016 14:51:23
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 1bf9a9a77026af9128a339c82d72e331d3532ee4 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160316210347-#0316-g0026734 [Build #0316]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
002492.034: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC.tv master (0026734b, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (78fcdb33, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock5 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-4.4.y
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes latest bcm2835-driver master (951799bb, ahead +4)
  • Includes latest dcadec master (0e074384, ahead +139)
  • Includes latest kodi-platform master (92583ef9, ahead +2)
  • Includes latest libcec master (6d68d212)
  • Includes latest libnfs master (3c26ce1e, ahead +13)
  • Includes latest p8-platform master (38343e0a)
  • Includes latest addons: peripheral.joystick (af822765, +47), pvr.argustv (c05bf4ff, +23), pvr.demo (32ef5073, +19), pvr.filmon (188ef9ab, +25), pvr.hdhomerun (4f3a3949, +30), pvr.hts (303920d8, +62), pvr.iptvsimple (d4fcb214, +25), pvr.mediaportal.tvserver (5815d770, +50), pvr.mythtv (b9dd8762, +29), pvr.nextpvr (d41be111, +25), pvr.njoy (af1d68ea, +17), pvr.pctv (f60f00a9, +23), pvr.stalker (91074ad3, +21), pvr.vbox (329fd13d, +25), pvr.vdr.vnsi (902a3cd1, +30), pvr.vuplus (135f1b03, +21), pvr.wmc (f0c62cfc, +30)
  • Includes commits from service.openelec.settings/, ahead +1 (OpenELEC)
  • Include [env] e7cbe9cb: xf86-video-intel: explicitely disable TearFree and TripleBuffer
  • Include [env] ed774729: Intel: Implement Passthrough-Range
  • Include [env] 3a6268c9: VAAPI: Enable EGL
  • Include [env] 98c65e6a: Kodi: Use Limited Range by default
  • Include [env] compare: ffmpeg: Additional Jarvis 2.8.x patches
  • Include [env] patch: Enable game controllers in manifest, add repository.kodi.game
  • Include [env] patch: Enable pvr addons, disable pvr updates
  • Include [env] patch: Clean Kodi view cache on startup
  • Include [env] patch: Add extra headers needed by 3D BD MVC
  • Include [env] patch: Add arm libwidevinecdm.so
  • Include [env] patch: Add support for dynamic device tree overlays
  • Include [env] patch: Set default volume steps to 20
  • Include [env] patch: Bump libbluray - include MVC support
  • Include [env] patch: Enable other binary addons
  • Include [env] patch: Reinstate version check service add-on - avoid black screens on x86?
  • Include [env] patch: Update inputstream.mpd settings
  • Include [env] patch: Binary-Addons: Package inputstream.mpd
  • Include [env] patch: Add experimental splash video
  • Include [env] patch: kodi: peripheral.joystick binary addon
  • Include [env] PR:4500: kodi: update to 17.0
  • Include [env] PR:4537: [scripts] Add PKG_SOURCE_NAME for non-standard package tarballs
  • Include [env] PR:4661: stripping changes
  • Revert [env] 46b9b7b3: rtmpdump (Reason: use newclock5 bump)
  • Include [pkg] PR:7030: CNetwork - implement IPv6
  • Include [pkg] PR:8645: [video] Add season/TV show artwork to episodes/seasons even if they have their own fanart.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8824: videodb: fix smart playlists not honoring "Show empty TV shows" setting.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8922: [guiinfo] extend ranges for listitem properties
  • Include [pkg] PR:9334: [chg] decrease volume steps to 20
  • Include [pkg] PR:9343: [xbmc] [gui] fix media source workarounds
Build Highlights:
  1. NOTE: DVD playback remains temporarily disabled
  2. Drop PR8723, breaks streaming services
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [VideoPlayer] A set of small bug fixes. (PR:9341, 3 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [guilib] Resolution::FindClosestResolution: don't switch between scre… (PR:9364, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • Improve parameter handling in copy files functions (01024c9b)
      • Fix installation of xbmc.json and kodi.guilib (68d26700)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • [VideoPlayer] Fix enabling stereo when resume MVC playback. (4ce640ac)
      • [VideoPlayer] Notify player about video parameters change if stereo mode of decoded picture was changed. (3e460428)
      • [VideoPlayer] Don't change stereo mode in SelectionStream till opening video. (f8642c13)
  3. kernel 4.4.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • BCM270X_DT: Add dtparam for uart1 (7c37c763)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-03-16, 10:31)thent Wrote: Any ideas when the binaries of inputstream will be merged with your builds?

Which binaries in particular?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-03-16, 19:22)nb2a Wrote: I had a crash the other day after installing 314. It seems no matter what I do I cannot get the backup addon to recover a saved file. The add on itself comes up in error as soon as Kodi is opened. Then it does not open and has an error. Should I post a log here or is the backup addon not even worth troubling anyone.

Thanks

Post a debug log, but probably needs a fix in the OpenELEC Settings addon.
(2016-03-17, 00:25)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-03-16, 19:22)nb2a Wrote: I had a crash the other day after installing 314. It seems no matter what I do I cannot get the backup addon to recover a saved file. The add on itself comes up in error as soon as Kodi is opened. Then it does not open and has an error. Should I post a log here or is the backup addon not even worth troubling anyone.

Thanks

Post a debug log, but probably needs a fix in the OpenELEC Settings addon.

Thanks Millhouse
Debug log
http://xbmclogs.com/pl0egg42e
(2016-03-17, 00:35)nb2a Wrote: Thanks Millhouse
Debug log

That's a third-party add-on - you really should contact the add-on maintainer for support.

It has a dependency on the httplib2 module. If you installed the backup addon from a zip or repository and it declares the dependency correctly then it should have installed script.module.httplib2 automatically. You can install script.module.httplib2 from here: https://mirror.umd.edu/xbmc/addons/jarvi...-0.8.0.zip
(2016-03-17, 00:52)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-03-17, 00:35)nb2a Wrote: Thanks Millhouse
Debug log

That's a third-party add-on - you really should contact the add-on maintainer for support.

It has a dependency on the httplib2 module. If you installed the backup addon from a zip or repository and it declares the dependency correctly then it should have installed script.module.httplib2 automatically. You can install script.module.httplib2 from here: https://mirror.umd.edu/xbmc/addons/jarvi...-0.8.0.zip

Thanks again! It worked like a charm Milhouse. Thanks for your help and patience.
  • 108(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6