• 213(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2016-03-16, 12:33)oldpoem Wrote:
(2016-03-16, 02:36)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 16:28)huhn Wrote: smoothmotion and SVP try to achieve different things and shouldn't be compared and are no real replacement for each other.

23p source on a 60 hz screen example
smoothmotion trys to display the frames in a way that it looks like you are watching it at 23hz and it is as smooth as as the source could be. it never trys to make it more smooth than the source so it is not changing the creators intend.

SVP on the other hand is creating new frames and is trys to make the source as smooth as a real 60 FPS video.

this is a very big difference.

Sure, I could agree with that. But they both look the same to me. Even smooth motion is artificial compared to 3:2 pulldown.

I really doubt it. It was very different thing. Surely can't be look the same. I believe you said that you don't use SVP so just stop with that.

Many (myself included) prefer no frame interpolation since it's artificial and result usually feel unreal. But in certain cases like animation I prefer using SVP over normal matching refresh rate method.

I didn't mean that literally. I find no matter how convincing the frame smoothing/interpolation is, it just doesn't look right. Those who use frame interpolation can enjoy it. I tried to get into smooth motion on my 60 Hz display and it just doesn't do it for me. 24p playback with blurring and stutter is still the only format that I find looks "right."

When new movies on UHD are shot at 48 fps, video will look as good in motion as it does when it is stationary.
(2016-03-17, 03:11)Talguy Wrote: ok guys I'm back with more issues (No I haven't soved the media rules and SVP issue yet). I just downloaded "The New Batman Adventures", a cartoon I loved when I was a kid. When I go to play it I get the following error from reclock.

After looking at the format of the video and comparing it to other videos that have been encoded using xvid with an mp3 audio track I noticed that this show was the only one with 24kHz audio. So reclock is complaining about my hardware not supporting this which it seems it doesn't based on the screen shot below. Windows repoorts it as a TV but I have a Yamaha RX-V677 in between my HTPC and TV. It supports about every format. Also I noticed that all the other videos encoded the same have a 48kHz audio track.

So how can I get reclock to render a 24kHz audio track when it says it doesn't support it?

I set ReClock to 96,000/24 bit int. padded to 32 and haven't had this problem.

Sanear will likely have a new release soon. It should replace ReClock.

The recent activity can be seen here: https://github.com/alexmarsev/sanear/commits/master.
@Warner306 right after I posted this I figured out a fix that is similar to yours. I have it at 192kHz/ 24 bit int padded 32 bit with Best since interpolation. Been testing it will every type of audio format I have and it seems to be working just fine for everything. Thanks for the quickreply.

Also I haven't been able to find anything on Sanear so thanks for the link. It will be nice to replace reclock with something that is actually being maintained.
reclock -> audio settings -> PCM options -Sample rate -> set it to something that is supported.

encoding with 24 khz must be a terrible rip...
(2016-03-17, 03:23)Warner306 Wrote: Sanear will likely have a new release soon. It should replace ReClock.

The recent activity can be seen here: https://github.com/alexmarsev/sanear/commits/master.
Why do you say that? I see activity stopped almost one month ago...
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2016-03-14, 17:12)djoole Wrote: Anybody having problem accessing his NAS via SMB?
Sometimes, often after watching an episode or a film (located in the SMB share), when I want to launch another one, i get a YES/NO dialog like "the video is not here anymore, do you want to remove it from library"
When I go see system statistics (skin dependant i think), network is shown as "not connected", without IP adress etc.
And after a while network is up again..
During this problems, Kodi is the only one not seeing the network (ie SMB share is OK from file explorer)

I had the same issue with Jarvis 16.1 + DSplayer, and had to return to Jarvis 16 Beta 1 (November 15 release), which is very stable. Issue seems to be gone since then.
(2016-03-17, 12:35)ashlar Wrote:
(2016-03-17, 03:23)Warner306 Wrote: Sanear will likely have a new release soon. It should replace ReClock.

Why do you say that? I see activity stopped almost one month ago...

There was a conversation on GitHub that has been removed. The developer said the next release would be "sooner than later" and he was trying to finish the "ReClock thingy."

In the next couple of months, there will likely be a new version. This is 32-bit/64-bit software, I believe, so it should replace 32-bit ReClock.
(2016-03-17, 14:33)ferodo01 Wrote:
(2016-03-14, 17:12)djoole Wrote: Anybody having problem accessing his NAS via SMB?
Sometimes, often after watching an episode or a film (located in the SMB share), when I want to launch another one, i get a YES/NO dialog like "the video is not here anymore, do you want to remove it from library"
When I go see system statistics (skin dependant i think), network is shown as "not connected", without IP adress etc.
During this problems, Kodi is the only one not seeing the network (ie SMB share is OK from file explorer)

I had the same issue with Jarvis 16.1 + DSplayer, and had to return to Jarvis 16 Beta 1 (November 15 release), which is very stable. Issue seems to be gone since then.

DSPlayer hasn't been changed since Beta 1, so that seems unlikely. Wanilton has simply been syncing from the Jarvis branch. This would include any change that does not have to do with DSPlayer. So the player behaviour could not have changed.
can't get nextpvr working. I followed the steps exactly and it's not loading. I use the latest kodi w/ dsplayer 16.1 rc2, windows 10 x64.

Log produces this error when trying to open a channel -

Code:
0:38:59 T:884  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Successfully added "" - DiplayName:  to the graph
20:38:59 T:884  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "NextPVR HTTP Source" to the graph
20:38:59 T:884   ERROR: CFGLoader::InsertSourceFilter Failed to load file in the splitter/source
20:38:59 T:884   ERROR: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Failed to insert the source filter
20:38:59 T:884   ERROR: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Failed to load filters rules
20:38:59 T:884  NOTICE: thread end: CDSGraphThread::OnExit()
20:38:59 T:5256   ERROR: CDSPlayer::Process - Failed creating DS Graph
20:38:59 T:7500   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.nextpvr_7186.pvr

so looks like nextpvr splitter is not loading. however, i registered the ax files and windows seems to say it is successful. however, it's not working. my filtersconfig and mediasconfig match the guide exactly. any ideas on what I can try to fix this?
edit ignore
(2016-03-17, 22:07)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-03-17, 14:33)ferodo01 Wrote:

DSPlayer hasn't been changed since Beta 1, so that seems unlikely. Wanilton has simply been syncing from the Jarvis branch. This would include any change that does not have to do with DSPlayer. So the player behaviour could not have changed.

Yes, I had another instance of loosing SMB network just yesterday on Nov 15 release. But I figured out the following. If I map a network drive on one of the NAS folders, and then locate in inside Kodi as a Video source, it won't be lost, even if the other sources are lost!! So it worked for me, at least for now. Just map a network drive in Windows for one of the NAS folders, or all of them where you store your content, and then find it inside Kodi. It should work.
(2016-03-16, 22:33)djoole Wrote: I don't remember this isengard issue.. and what is this screensaver bug you're talking about?

The screensaver thing is like, Kodi goes into screensaver mode, then when it resumes, it freezes. Happens on Jarvis.

The bug from Isengard 15.2 DSPlayer Edition is different, it's not a freeze but a crash. I looked at the log, searched for the error message online and narrowed it down to DSPlayer because I found a thread here on Kodi forum where people who used very old builds of DSPlayer (older than aracnoz's involvement) were having it. I decided to revert to vanilla 15.2 and the bug was gone, in fact 15.2 seems rock solid ATM, without any of the quirks I've found in various builds of Jarvis 16. There's little reason for me to use Jarvis because all my favorite skins are fully supported on Isengard but not so much on Jarvis.

This bug is probably related to shaky DX11 support since, due to integration with madVR, I believe DSPlayer Isengard was compiled from experimental DX11 build, so it makes sense that the same thing would happen on both 15.2 and 16.1 if the bug isn't solved by 16.1.
(2016-03-18, 06:27)ferodo01 Wrote:
(2016-03-17, 22:07)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-03-17, 14:33)ferodo01 Wrote: I had the same issue with Jarvis 16.1 + DSplayer, and had to return to Jarvis 16 Beta 1 (November 15 release), which is very stable. Issue seems to be gone since then.

Yes, I had another instance of loosing SMB network just yesterday on Nov 15 release. But I figured out the following. If I map a network drive on one of the NAS folders, and then locate in inside Kodi as a Video source, it won't be lost, even if the other sources are lost!! So it worked for me, at least for now. Just map a network drive in Windows for one of the NAS folders, or all of them where you store your content, and then find it inside Kodi. It should work.

I'll try that thanks!
SMB problem is down to Microsoft implementation of SMB. In Windows 10 it has been introduced since windows update around Nov last year. Not sure if it's the same as on other version of Windows. There is a workaround for now but MS announced that they'd try to fix it is next march/april update.

For workaround now I remembered for other OSes - Windows included edit registry and access remote share through IP address instead of network name. But for Windows - Windows there is less problem , map network drive is usually enough.
The more I read about it, the more I think I'm gonna gracefully pass on the free update to Win 10. When the time will be right I'll gladly pay. But I'm tired of doing beta testing for multibillion dollars companies. I'd rather beta test open source for free, at least there's a logic there.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
  • 213(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47