• 1(current)
[Release] Quartz 5 (Jarvis support)
Before starting this thread I'd like to mention that this skin wouldn't be here if it wasn't because of the hard work of Pecinko, credits go to him.

As you all probably know Quartz was originally created by Pecinko. After putting all his effort in Quartz 4, version 5 of his skin was born. Up to recently there was a post for Quartz 5 development lead by Pecinko himself. After having seen all this great work I decided to put myself on the development of this skin to. As you can see I've made a fork of Pecinko his skin. To check out the git repository of Pecinko click here.

So, what to expect from this new thread? In short, you'll find the different links to Git, where you'll be able to download the skin. Next to that the goal is also to get your feedback or possible enhancements I could implement for this skin. I would like to accentuate that I would happily merge other forks into this Quartz version if this is requested. Next to that you'll find different polls etc.

Notice
As you all know Krypton is already there.. currently this skin will only work on Jarvis. Effort is being put in this skin to port it.. any help is greatly appreciated off course. In the meanwhile certainly report any bugs or weird behavior, I'll try to fix those along the way.

Download

https://github.com/TPX01/skin.quartz.jarvis

Latest Jarvis release: 5.3 release notes (Download)

There are multiple versions you can download.
  • Master Choose this version if you want to have the latest version of the skin.
    Download

• Development Check out the the latest changes that have been made to the skin but keep into account that some things are experimental. To keep development clean and structured you'll also see feature branches. These branches are features on which I'm working but are totally not ready to put into a new release.
    Download

Todo
  • Remove cleanup when updating DB
  • Various small fixes
  • Cleanup files that aren't used anymore
  • Small redesign of popups
  • Add 3D logo posters that are 3D tagged

Release history

Not satisfied with the latest development? You can always download an older release..

https://github.com/TPX01/skin.quartz.jarvis/releases

Images

watch gallery
Reserved for future purposes
Can't seem to get Live TV to work. It imports channels from the PVR backend but clicking on the Live TV menu option brings up a blank screen.
(2016-03-16, 16:02)live4ever Wrote: Can't seem to get Live TV to work. It imports channels from the PVR backend but clicking on the Live TV menu option brings up a blank screen.

To be honest, I didn't test the PVR myself yet. Something that I'll have to put on my todo list. Thanks for reporting..
Hi TPx001 , thanks a lot for your effort , it's looks great
One issue , when I try to change views in any add on the context menu box does not work it doesn't show
In the default kodi skin it works properly ,
For any future to do list
Thanks a lot
(2016-03-18, 23:17)Yigo Wrote: Hi TPx001 , thanks a lot for your effort , it's looks great
One issue , when I try to change views in any add on the context menu box does not work it doesn't show
In the default kodi skin it works properly ,
For any future to do list
Thanks a lot

Can you specify which addon? I'll try to work on the skin tomorrow or Sunday..

Is this the same issue as described below?

Thanks for the input Wink
(2016-03-18, 23:37)TPX001 Wrote: Is this the same issue as described below?

Hi TPX001,

I don't know if you have looked at the second issue yet?

If it would make life easier, I can provide MyMusicNav.xml, MyMusicSongs.xml, MyPics.xml and MyPrograms.xml which fix the problem with the View Options Dialog setting being ignored in 5.1.7.

At the very least, it would allow a diff to be performed with 5.1.7 so that the changes could be mirrored into your latest version.

Cheers

Steve
(2016-03-19, 13:28)james_ss Wrote:
(2016-03-18, 23:37)TPX001 Wrote: Is this the same issue as described below?

Hi TPX001,

I don't know if you have looked at the second issue yet?

If it would make life easier, I can provide MyMusicNav.xml, MyMusicSongs.xml, MyPics.xml and MyPrograms.xml which fix the problem with the View Options Dialog setting being ignored in 5.1.7.

At the very least, it would allow a diff to be performed with the 5.1.7 version so that the changes could be mirrored into your latest code.

Cheers

Steve

Should be OK.. I already found where to add the settings. Will fix it asap.
OK, brilliant!
(2016-03-19, 13:35)james_ss Wrote: OK, brilliant!

Fixes have been added.. you can checkout the development branch if you want.
(2016-03-19, 20:29)TPX001 Wrote: Fixes have been added.. you can checkout the development branch if you want.

Sorry for the late response - I'd forgotten to subscribe to the new thread.

Yes, I'll checkout it out in the week.

Thanks again.

Steve
Hi TPX001,

Great work on renewing the Quartz skin, I like it a lot! It also seems to work more smooth than the previous version of quartz.

Coming from Quartz on XBMC I have a question: Is it possible to change the thumbs on the TV show shelf to display the episode thumbs instead of the Show poster? Or is that the new default of Kodi?
Minor suggestion: Is it possible to include an option to change the yellow colour of the skin to a different one?

Thanks in advance.
(2016-03-23, 14:45)Mendel Wrote: Minor suggestion: Is it possible to include an option to change the yellow colour of the skin to a different one?

Sorry, I found that option already, the blue is perfect!
Great work glad to see someone has picked up the development of this brilliant skin. Do you have plans to add widgets or rework the way we edit the home menu items maybe you could look at adding script.skinshortcuts to may this a lot easier?

thanks again for picking this up it much appreciated.
So far no plans for having wdigets in this skin. I'm planning to release a couple of new features soon. I'll keep you guys posted or you can checkout the feature branches if you're curious.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Quartz 5 (Jarvis support)0