• 2(current)
Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
@BORIStheBLADE, thanks.

@wesk05, I just finished testing with Koying's SPMC 16.1.2, which has these options regular Kodi doesn't...

I tried all three above, and with DD+, I either got no audio, just 2.0, or standard DD5.1. No matter what, I couldn't get Q10 Pro to output DD+ 5.1 or 7.1, or even multichannel PCM. Best Q10 Pro can do is output DD+ as standard DD5.1.

I also tried setting Q10 Pro's audio output to "LPCM" vs. "RAW", but got same results as above.

Why the heck is DD+ such a PITA for media players or HTPC's to bitstream?! In any case, I know WeTek Core can, as can Minix U1.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-03-27, 01:32)hdmkv Wrote: @wesk05, I just finished testing with Koying's SPMC 16.1.2, which has these options regular Kodi doesn't...
You need to play with the similar settings for passthrough device which you can see if you scroll down. I don't think those audio output devices actually have any effect on passthrough audio.

Doesn't the Q10 Pro have a native video player? Have you tried it on that. If that doesn't work, it is probably not going to work with Kodi.
I did do that... just not in my screenshot above. I make sure what I have selected for 'Audio output device' is always the same as what's selected further down for 'Passthrough', whether Android, OpenELEC or Windows Smile.

BTW, interesting results with DD+ with Intel h/w here. Another solution that seems to have trouble with DD+.
My HT
(2016-03-27, 02:29)hdmkv Wrote: I did do that... just not in my screenshot above. I make sure what I have selected for 'Audio output device' is the same as what's selected further down for 'Passthrough'.

BTW, interesting results with DD+ with Intel h/w here. Another solution that seems to have trouble with DD+.

OK.

I think I had mentioned that I was getting 5.1 PCM from Dolby Digital Plus on those Windows 3D builds. I don't know what I did, but now all I get is multichannel PCM. I installed and reinstalled the drivers multiple times, but no go. Looks like I will have to reinstall Windows.
You can get multichannel PCM if DD+ is disabled under passthrough. However, 7.1 DD+ is output as 5.1 PCM, as with 5.1 DD+.
My HT
(2016-03-27, 03:04)hdmkv Wrote: You can get multichannel PCM if DD+ is disabled under passthrough. However, 7.1 DD+ is output as 5.1 PCM, as with 5.1 DD+.
What system are you now talking about?
Sorry, Intel w/@afedchin's builds.
My HT
(2016-03-27, 03:11)hdmkv Wrote: Sorry, Intel w/@afedchin's builds.

Well... I was getting PCM even with passthrough enabled, but like I mentioned I might have messed up something. Now, even with passthrough enabled, from all codecs I only get 7.1 PCM.
(2016-03-26, 21:50)wesk05 Wrote: There are at least two titles released for the EU region that have been reported to have secondary audio tracks in Dolby Digital Plus Atmos (American Sniper, Everest). There could be many more titles out there. Dolby Atmos does work with the passthrough v16 build and also with SPMC. In Kodi v17.0 all Dolby Digital Plus tracks are decoded to PCM. So, there will be no Atmos from Dolby Digital Plus. The reason given by @fritsch was that FFmpeg cannot correctly identify 5.1 vs 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus and also some other reason that I can't remember now.

As for the Q10 Pro, if it cannot passthrough Dolby Digital Plus from it's native video player, it is definitely something that needs to be fixed in firmware. You could try SPMC 16.1.2 and see whether it is any different.

Here is a sample with Dolby Digital Plus Atmos (the third track) - Unbroken Dolby Digital Plus Sample

All the tracks in Dolby Atmos demo discs have secondary Dolby Digital Plus Atmos. If the Dolby Atmos samples provided in the Wiki are direct copies from the disc, they will have Dolby Digital Plus Atmos. BTW, those dropbox links are dead.

Q10 pro with himediaplayer on my onkyo report Dolby TrueHD, i have test some Atmos without problem( Dolby TrueHD downmix).

with hd_dolby_digital_plus_channel_check_lossless Doby Digital as report hdmkv

i don't think DD+ it's a big issues, i don't see lot of BD .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyway..

the big improve of new Q10 it's OMX hardware acceleration

for now it is like in the previous generation needs to use the external player HIMEDIA, but we are at halfway: the hardware decoding work with the kodi 16 ( "vanilla" play market ) player (dvdplayer):

now the standard used by kodi 16, are supported all the decoding most common:
OMX.hisi.video.decoder.mpeg4
OMX.hisi.video.decoder.avc
OMX.hisi.video.decoder.hevc
so no problem for playback of H.265 4k 10bit!

is still missing:
1) auto-switch FPS
2) HD Audio HD , only DD e DTS

on kodi needed for perfect reproduction

the good news also is Expressx Video engine work also with kodi

we hope this was first step fpr better integration in to kodi
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
(2016-03-27, 21:24)looun Wrote: Q10 pro with himediaplayer on my onkyo report Dolby TrueHD, i have test some Atmos without problem( Dolby TrueHD downmix).

You need to select track 3 in the 'Unbroken' sample. That is the one which is Dolby Digital Plus Atmos. As mentioned in earlier posts, studios are releasing titles with secondary language audios in Dolby Digital Plus Atmos. If you only care about English audio and not other languages, then it isn't a problem Smile
(2016-03-27, 21:31)wesk05 Wrote:
(2016-03-27, 21:24)looun Wrote: Q10 pro with himediaplayer on my onkyo report Dolby TrueHD, i have test some Atmos without problem( Dolby TrueHD downmix).

You need to select track 3 in the 'Unbroken' sample. That is the one which is Dolby Digital Plus Atmos. As mentioned in earlier posts, studios are releasing titles with secondary language audios in Dolby Digital Plus Atmos. If you only care about English audio and not other languages, then it isn't a problem Smile

ops, sorry

yes, track 3 with q10 pro out with DD 5.1

only some disney movie are in "Dolby Digital Plus 7.1: Italiano".... very very small number , all movie in italian are DTS or DD, so i watch all movie in english with sub ;-)
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
(2016-03-27, 21:31)wesk05 Wrote: As mentioned in earlier posts, studios are releasing titles with secondary language audios in Dolby Digital Plus Atmos. If you only care about English audio and not other languages, then it isn't a problem Smile
So these secondary non-English DD+ tracks don't have a core DD accompanying them? Similar to TrueHD+AC3?
My HT
(2016-03-28, 00:32)hdmkv Wrote: So these secondary non-English DD+ tracks don't have a core DD accompanying them? Similar to TrueHD+AC3?
Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 does have a core that is basically L, C, R, LFE, downmixed sourround and an extension that has LS, RS, LB & RB. In Kodi, if you enable AC3 transcode, you can get Dolby Digital 5.1, just not Atmos. Q10 Pro has Dolby Audio. I am not sure why it is having issues when using the hardware audio decoder (the native video player should be able to use the hardware decoder).
(2016-03-26, 22:04)wesk05 Wrote:
(2016-03-26, 21:55)ArieS Wrote: Regarding DD+ Atmos, I believe some movies on Hulu on Demand have this kind of audio track.
Hulu? I don't think so. All Dolby Atmos movies on Vudu are with Dolby Digital Plus, but then that is available only on Roku.
Vudu, Hulu, Schmulu, it's all the same to me as I don't use any of them Big Grin
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
What's the issue with "SMB shares access" (as mentioned in that bug list), is it unreliable or not working at all? That's potentially a show stopper for streaming on LAN.

tbh, there's some alarming basic issues for a next-generation box (eg audio sync, mkv stuttering, 4K, HVEC, CEC, PSU quality ...) There's a lot to get right before retail release mid April.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)8