• 7(current)
Release [Module] youtube-dl - multi-site playable URL resolver
Wow, very fast reply, thx! Big Grin
(2016-02-01, 19:47)ruuk Wrote: I'll thinking about adding a settings option that allows enabling a dialog where you can select from all the available streams.
That would be great and comfortable! Smile

(2016-02-01, 19:47)ruuk Wrote: Whatever method you have of running Kodi on the Pi, I'm pretty sure you have python available in the OS - which means you should be able to put youtube-dl on your Pi and run it from the command line
I use OpenELEC with Kodi and Python is on board but i like the ability to control Kodi and your module with the "touchpad" from the Yatse remote control app on my mobile phone without a comand line/type.
On my Laptop i use the "youtube-dl -x --audio-format mp3 "url"" command to convert the video file directly to mp3, if i only need the audio part from a vid. Is a settings option like this possible in the future, too?

I will reply your pm as soon as possible but now i get an error:
"You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:.... "
I`m registered since yesterday and my profile is apparently not full activated.

regards
(2016-02-02, 02:54)S1l3NC3 Wrote: I will reply your pm as soon as possible but now i get an error:
"You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:.... "
I`m registered since yesterday and my profile is apparently not full activated.
It may be because I am a team member. If you're OK with it and the link isn't something that is not allowed on this forum, you can post it here. You can also share it on IRC in the channel #ruuk on freenode.
(2015-08-19, 13:21)ruuk Wrote:
(2015-08-19, 05:56)tirani Wrote: Hi,
I am trying to use youtube-dl control to download a video (on windows)
I get this error:
Error: m3u8 download detected but ffmpeg or avconv could not be found
ps.
youtube.com download works fine.

Some streams cannot be downloaded within the add-on and youtube-dl needs to use an external program. This is what the message is telling you. You need ffmpeg installed to download this stream.

Hi ruuk
I am using this in Windows and I am getting the same error. Which directory should I copy the ffmpeg.exe (static compiled) into.
Thanks
(2016-02-02, 09:30)gujal Wrote:
I get this error:
ps.

Some streams cannot be downloaded within the add-on and youtube-dl needs to use an external program. This is what the message is telling you. You need ffmpeg installed to download this stream.

Hi ruuk
I am using this in Windows and I am getting the same error. Which directory should I copy the ffmpeg.exe (static compiled) into.
Thanks

Don't know off the top of my head, not a windows user. Somewhere in the system path. Sounds like a job for Google Smile
(2016-02-02, 09:49)ruuk Wrote:
(2016-02-02, 09:30)gujal Wrote: Hi ruuk
Thanks
Don't know off the top of my head, not a windows user. Somewhere in the system path. Sounds like a job for Google Smile

Okay could not get it working with ffmpeg.exe, may be you are looking for library rather than executable. So I installed avconv which had all the dll files. Now youtube-dl is not giving the previous error, however it starts downloading, and immediately stops.
The way I am using is by playing a stream and while playing go back into program menu and run youtube-dl control, and select "Download currently playing video"
The Kodi log shows the following message. Can you please let me know if it is something wrong on my side. Thanks
Code:
22:54:15 T:4520  NOTICE: script.module.youtube.dl: youtube_dl core version: 2015.12.23
22:54:15 T:4520  NOTICE: script.module.youtube.dl: DOWNLOAD SERVICE: START
22:54:15 T:4520  NOTICE: script.module.youtube.dl: Loading from queue. #1 this session
22:54:16 T:4852   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-1:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\threading.py", line 810, in __bootstrap_inner
        self.run()
      File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\threading.py", line 763, in run
        self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
      File "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.youtube.dl\lib\YDStreamExtractor.py", line 262, in _handleDownload
        result = download(info,util.TMP_PATH)
      File "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.youtube.dl\lib\YDStreamExtractor.py", line 342, in download
        YoutubeDLWrapper.download(info)
      File "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.youtube.dl\lib\YoutubeDLWrapper.py", line 285, in download
        return fd.download(name, info)
      File "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.youtube.dl\lib\youtube_dl\downloader\common.py", line 342, in download
        return self.real_download(filename, info_dict)
      File "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.youtube.dl\lib\youtube_dl\downloader\hls.py", line 34, in real_download
        if info_dict['http_headers'] and re.match(r'^http?://', url):
    KeyError: u'http_headers'
22:54:17 T:4520  NOTICE: script.module.youtube.dl: DOWNLOAD SERVICE: FINISHED
Thanks a lot for your help
Would this module work for watching "Live Streams" on youtube. I have a little youtube addon I wrote that works great for everything except live streams. Once the live streams turn into videos my addon works great but while they are marked "Live Streams" they don't show up.
(2016-03-08, 02:15)Justice2318 Wrote: Would this module work for watching "Live Streams" on youtube. I have a little youtube addon I wrote that works great for everything except live streams. Once the live streams turn into videos my addon works great but while they are marked "Live Streams" they don't show up.

From my own experience I can confirm that this script definitely works with Live streams when using vanilla Kodi , I also know that some forks do not (e.g. those with a version number of 19.2 definitely don't work)
Hi,

thanks for packaging youtube-dl as addon. It makes life so much easier. I rewritten my small addon for watching videos from livestream.com with it and it makes my own code 10 times smaller.

It seams that livestream.com plugin in packaged youtube-dl doesn't work any more on some newvideos because of changes on the web site. This issue might be relevant: https://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/issues/8794
But when I'm using latest released command-line version of youtube-dl, it works. So my question is - what would be the best way to fix issues like this when it affects only one particular web site? Can I just find location of livestream.py in installed package and replace it with github version? Or is it better to wait for updated plugin from repo?
Just let me know here (like you just did) and I'll update the youtube-dl core (which I'll do today).
Information 
Version 16.306.0

Changes:
  • Updated youtube-dl core to 2016.03.06

On Kodi repo, pending mirror updates.
Information 
Version 16.318.0

Changes:
  • Updated youtube-dl core to 2016.03.18
  • Fix error when viewing youtube-dl core info from settings
  • Fix (hopefully) encoding error when checking for .part files on some platforms

@S1l3NC3: Newest version should hopefully fix your issues. If you read this, give it a try and let me know.

@gujal: The core youtube-dl code where the error you posted occurred has changed, so hopefully at least that error is fixed.
I was experimenting with this add-on, using the download controller to download a vevo file while it was playing in Kodi.

It threw an exception and it seems like the youtube-dl external.py was expecting 'http_headers' in the info object that control.py was passing to it in downloadPlaying, but couldn't find it (and indeed, I don't see that it would be set). Log is here: http://xbmclogs.com/p0hj0ysnx
action starts at line 2315 when I have a keymap RunScript((script.module.youtube.dl)

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
I get this error:
ps.

Hi! I followed the instructions in this "How to"-guide but i still get the same error as mentioned above. I installed the 64-bit version as I'm running 64-bit windows. Any idea what am I doing wrong?
Information 
Version 16.327.0

Changes:
  • Updated youtube-dl core to 2016.03.27
  • Fix error caused by missing http_headers in info when ffmpeg is used

• 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Module] youtube-dl - multi-site playable URL resolver2