• 184(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
I am seriously considering getting an Intel NUC, and was wondering what type of remote control works best with them. Do they have infrared built in? I use a Harmony Ultimate for the rest of my equipment; would this work for the NUC, or is some type of a keyboard needed, as is usually the case for Windows?
(2016-03-27, 04:48)jmalcolm001 Wrote: I am seriously considering getting an Intel NUC, and was wondering what type of remote control works best with them. Do they have infrared built in? I use a Harmony Ultimate for the rest of my equipment; would this work for the NUC, or is some type of a keyboard needed, as is usually the case for Windows?

I am using my logitech Harmony remote with my NUC and the do have IR sensor, some of the functionality doesn't work but most does.
Still trying to figure out how to program it completely.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
A fantastic thread ! You've saved me hours of internet trawling.

BTW. The Plural of Firmware is Firmware not Firmwares. You don't say for example, look a those sheeps in the field.
I have read some articles which do claim that Firmwares is acceptable . It isn't
Software, hardware, firmware, and information. Are all mass or more commonly called collective nouns. In every situation they are used, they do NOT have an 's' at the end. That is just plain wrong !!!
@movie78 and @jmalcolm001, the Intel IR functionality is lacking. I'm using FLIRC w/my NUC... only thing it can't do is power it on, otherwise perfect. I have Launcher4Kodi auto-booting my NUC up to Kodi.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-03-28, 02:19)hdmkv Wrote: @movie78 and @jmalcolm001, the Intel IR functionality is lacking. I'm using FLIRC w/my NUC... only thing it can't do is power it on, otherwise perfect. I have Launcher4Kodi auto-booting my NUC up to Kodi.

I got most off the remote working now, i install MCEremote addon,the only thing missing now is the Context Menu.

I did try the Flirc, works great no settings needed.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
W/MCEremote addon, you don't need to do anything else? Just program Harmony for MCE device?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-03-28, 02:55)hdmkv Wrote: W/MCEremote addon, you don't need to do anything else? Just program Harmony for MCE device?

Does the Context Menu menu work on your Harmony?
(2016-03-28, 03:14)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-03-28, 02:55)hdmkv Wrote: W/MCEremote addon, you don't need to do anything else? Just program Harmony for MCE device?

For the context menu just long press the OK button. I have a few different Harmony remotes - all seem to work just fine. Just find the NUC model in the database (I'm not sure it matters as the DN2820 works using the D34010 settings and vice versa.
(2016-03-28, 08:04)woronczak Wrote:

For the context menu just long press the OK button. I have a few different Harmony remotes - all seem to work just fine. Just find the NUC model in the database (I'm not sure it matters as the DN2820 works using the D34010 settings and vice versa.

Will try to assign the LONG PRESS OK to the menu button on my Harmony,report back and let you know if it works.
moved here, sorry
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2294531
Deleted

I have Kodi doing everything I want it to with my NUC and Harmony (Microsoft Media Center PC SE). I use the Kodi add-on Keymap or something like that, and then on the Harmony I have Menu set to the '#' key, and then go to the keymap, have it change the button, and click that on my remote. I also set a button to . and do the same for subtitles, so it can do everything I want it to do, including turning the NUC on and off.
(2016-03-28, 15:06)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-03-28, 08:04)woronczak Wrote:
(2016-03-28, 03:14)movie78 Wrote: Does the Context Menu menu work on your Harmony?

Will try to assign the LONG PRESS OK to the menu button on my Harmony,report back and let you know if it works.

You don't need to assign it differently -with the default nuc keymap installed on harmony, hold the OK for half a second and the context menu appears
(2016-03-29, 15:00)woronczak Wrote:
(2016-03-28, 15:06)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-03-28, 08:04)woronczak Wrote: For the context menu just long press the OK button. I have a few different Harmony remotes - all seem to work just fine. Just find the NUC model in the database (I'm not sure it matters as the DN2820 works using the D34010 settings and vice versa.

You don't need to assign it differently -with the default nuc keymap installed on harmony, hold the OK for half a second and the context menu appears

Thanks!

Figure it out, I was able to add a keyboard to my Harmony remote and then assign C to the Menu bottom.

All looks good and everything is work great.
All Done,The Intel NUC DN2820 going to be my ALL IN ONE KODI device, I am beginning to pull the plug of some on some of my devices.
Raspberry Pi2 ==Done
WeTek Core == Done
ZiDoo X5/6 Pro == Done
VidOn Box == Done

Still in service.
Minix NEO U1 == For BLURAY MENU Fonction with VidOn Kodi
ChromeBox == Still hanging in there until I complete the full migration to the Intel NUC
  • 184(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17