• 254(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2016-03-26, 14:38)Steph09 Wrote: The auto delete thing has been unchecked & when I do check it I just get the 'item not in playlist' error as soon as the video starts to play & I guess it tries to remove it.
Are you wording that as your EXACT experience?
It's different to mine.
In my Watch Later list, it plays fine.
The auto delete option is checked but it won't delete the watched video automatically.
The context menu asks to delete it and then I get the 'item not in playlist' error.
The accumulating watched videos being unable to be deleted happens on a freshly virginal SD card with OpenELEC and YouTube only being installed.
Same on a virginal Nexus Player with Jarvis installed after being reimaged after my experiments of helping out Kaskade.
Hi,

did anyone else have the Problem, that the viewed videos are not listet in the watch history?

I run Oprnelec with kodi on a raspberry pi 2
(2016-03-27, 16:24)jdf76 Wrote: here is what i'd like you to do.

go to the file manager.

then profile directory

addon_data

look for plugin.video.youtube

delete that folder via the context menu.

then once you've done this, launch the plugin again you'll get prompted to re-do the setup.

If this doesn't work let me know what happens and we're start out from there.

Jeff

(2016-03-27, 13:02)fedprod Wrote: Also getting "playlist item not found" error Just updated to ...20.5 thinking that would fix it
[Kodi 16 on a Nexus 7v2 running android 4.4.4 with reTouched] Damn google and sudden api changes. >:[
Absolutely no change, i did that beforehand already since i thought it might be a old config derp. Stil not able to delete vids from my watch later list.
Sorry i misunderstood, i thought this was related to an API issue and not the watch later issue.

Jeff
hi guys im getting age restriction error even when i sign in https://goo.gl/photos/WG2DniAgSXhGBuLDA
(2016-03-27, 23:31)skepguy Wrote: hi guys im getting age restriction error even when i sign in https://goo.gl/photos/WG2DniAgSXhGBuLDA

That's the exact error I get. There are one user here who is able to get those kinda vids working also, we don't know why yet.

Can you check your birthday date in your g00gle account?
hey guys, would someone mind listing what are the current issues with the plugin. Any issues. Don't ask for plug-in inprovements, just tell me what the issues are so we can try and work on those. I'll do what i can based on my coding experience with other languages but i wont guarantee a speedy fix. Once they are fixed, i'll shoot a message to the repo keeper (kolifanes) and ask him to update only after i check it out to make sure it works. If kolifanes agree's i'd like him only to do updates to people who are participating in the fixes and not random people who just throw patches here and there. I think that will be a step in the right direction on how to get a team for the plugin.

So I have....

1. Watch later list does remove the actual video from the list (automated or otherwise)
2. Age restriction blocks people from watching the Video.
3. Adding channels to "favorites" doesn't auto-update

Am I missing anything?

Thanks
Jeff
Update in the 'inappropiate vids' mess :

I've just created a fresh new g00gle account (now with complete birthday in it) and a fresh new Jarvis instalation, on my W10 desktop computer.

Same problem.

By the way I'm using this add-on -> https://github.com/Kolifanes/plugin.vide...1.20.5.zip

log -> http://pastebin.com/AynTDj5s

####EDIT###
OK, now I understand even less what the heck is going on here. Now it works.

The only thing I could have done is to go to youtube in Windows and try to play the vid. Then I agreed with the message regarding content and play it. Maybe after that, it works. The strangest thing is that I did this when found this problem in Raspberry, and it didn't worked. Maybe I can't be an adult in the eyes of google with the old account, as I didn't supplied my complete birthday when I created it.

Well, at least we have some feedback here Smile
(2016-03-28, 22:09)jdf76 Wrote: 1. Watch later list does NOT remove the actual video from the list (automated or otherwise)
Added missing 'not' to 1.
ahh thx!

(2016-03-29, 00:40)*Spider* Wrote:
(2016-03-28, 22:09)jdf76 Wrote: 1. Watch later list does NOT remove the actual video from the list (automated or otherwise)
Added missing 'not' to 1.
(2016-03-28, 22:09)jdf76 Wrote: hey guys, would someone mind listing what are the current issues with the plugin. Any issues. Don't ask for plug-in inprovements, just tell me what the issues are so we can try and work on those.
"My Subscriptions" does not sort by date. It's unclear why; Bromix was unable to figure it out either. It doesn't even sort by date inside each page, much less overall. Maybe a problem with the API? Who knows.

If you're setting up a github for the addon, why not invite people to open issues so they can be tracked properly? Most structured way to do it.
1. Watch later list does NOT remove the actual video from the list (automated or otherwise)
4. My Subscriptions does NOT sort by date

Cut off time will be end of the week and I'll have a final list to tally up.
Regarding My Subscriptions not sorting by date, whilst this might technically be true in the Kodi sideblade, My Subscriptions are still sorted by most recently added (I guess this this is how the api delivers them) so this still ends up resulting in a list that is chronologically correct.

My Subscriptions on Kodi matches the order of My Subscriptions on YouTube.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2016-03-28, 23:33)Kaskade Wrote: The only thing I could have done is to go to youtube in Windows and try to play the vid. Then I agreed with the message regarding content and play it. Maybe after that, it works.

Maybe that will end up being the only way to fix this issue. Google asks for your consent and grants you permission.

Btw, please don't choose anymore smoking girls for troubleshooting. That was disgusting of her behaving like a chimney.
(2016-03-29, 08:23)jmh2002 Wrote: Regarding My Subscriptions not sorting by date, whilst this might technically be true in the Kodi sideblade, My Subscriptions are still sorted by most recently added (I guess this this is how the api delivers them) so this still ends up resulting in a list that is chronologically correct.

My Subscriptions on Kodi matches the order of My Subscriptions on YouTube.
In version 5.1.20.4, I have the same behavior wrt #4 that jmh2002 does. My Subscriptions works just fine for me and is in the correct order.

(2016-03-29, 01:53)jdf76 Wrote: 1. Watch later list does NOT remove the actual video from the list (automated or otherwise)
4. My Subscriptions does NOT sort by date

Cut off time will be end of the week and I'll have a final list to tally up.

Concerning the list of issues itself, I have a very minor cosmetic issue. I don't know if it's part of the add-on itself or just in the repositories but, the description says, "YouTube is a one of the biggest video-sharing websites of the world." That should probably say, "YouTube is one of the biggest video-sharing websites in the world." Like I said, very minor issue but, if we're listing issues, changing a text field should (hopefully) be an easy fix.

Thanks for everyone's work trying to keep this wonderful add-on updated. I really enjoy the ability to add API keys in the GUI itself. Makes it much easier to setup.
  • 254(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20