• 3(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-03-28, 23:43)brazen1 Wrote: Hey, don't you have a DD+ sample someplace?
Wanted to test it on Nvidia HDMI passthrough, then we know if it's v.17, afedchin build, or NUC hardware.
Got a link? I'll test it for you guys. I'm not using NUC you know......
Sure, I have a couple in the A/V samples wiki here. Another DD+ sample here from @wesk05 (the 3rd track has DD+).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
So, I just received my NUC2820 from ebay and... it's not even booting :\
I get an error message: PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, check cable.
I'm also not even able to access the BIOS to see if something is going on in the boot order.
Sent a PM to the seller... I'm pissed.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2016-03-29, 01:19)ArieS Wrote: So, I just received my NUC2820 from ebay and... it's not even booting :\
I get an error message: PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, check cable.
I'm also not even able to access the BIOS to see if something is going on in the boot order.
Sent a PM to the seller... I'm pissed.
Try Ctrl Alt Delete
I hope you order the the correct RAM.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
I just tried that, I still get the same error message.
For the RAM I got these: http://www.amazon.com/Crucial-PC3-12800-...ge_o00_s00

Please tell me they are the correct ones :\
Someone said I should get the i3 NUC because it was a little cheaper and would do everything I wanted... glad I got the i5 D54250WYK. I would recommend holding off on any major purchase just to test an alpha version of Kodi. Just my two cents for everyone looking to buy something that works. Things will change, it will get better, but let the process happen first.
(2016-03-29, 01:37)ArieS Wrote: I just tried that, I still get the same error message.

Your RAM is compatible..
Do you have your boot drive ready,it looks like your device is set to boot on the network
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Ok. I'm getting Dolby Digital but I don't know if it its DD+? My AVR turns Dolby Digital red with an additional 'D' after it but no +.
I get the same AVR symbol using an external player (PDVD) so that eliminates v.17 or afedchin build.
Remember this is Nvidia HDMI passthrough.
I assume the file you linked is indeed DD+? It says so on video during playback but I don't know?
Audio: Dolby AC3 48000Hz 6ch 640kbps [A: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1, 640 kb/s]
Audio
ID : 4352 (0x1100)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : E-AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Muxing mode : Stream extension
Codec ID : 132
Duration : 1mn 34s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 500 bps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 5.75 KiB (0%)

I noticed something that may be of interest to you guys complaining of audio but no video.
It may even be why so much Intel driver confusion. You'll have to check.

Make sure your AVR is on.
Go into Windows audio properties. (right click audio icon in tray, select Playback Devices)
Highlight your AVR and run through the config at the bottom of the properties window.
Go back to the properties window when finished.
Double click on your AVR in the properties window.
Go to supported formats tab to verify your audio capabilities.
Go to the advanced tab.
Your default should be 16 bit 48000 Hz. Dvd quality.
You can probably select 16 bit 192000 Hz Studio quality although DVD is perfectly correct to use.
If you try to use anything higher like 24 bit, you will get audio.
You will not get video even though 24 bit is supported.
Did you mistakenly set this high because the windows test passed cuz it won't pass in KODI.
Now open KODI and make sure all is well.

Lastly, Best Match might be wisest in KODI settings/System/Audio output/Output configuration
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2016-03-29, 01:44)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-03-29, 01:37)ArieS Wrote: I just tried that, I still get the same error message.

Your RAM is compatible..
Do you have your boot drive ready,it looks like your device is set to boot on the network
I have Windows 10 on a USB stick but it doesn't matter if I plug it in or not, it just won't boot.
(2016-03-29, 02:13)ArieS Wrote: I have Windows 10 on a USB stick but it doesn't matter if I plug it in or not, it just won't boot.

F12 should give you the boot device / setup menu
@brazen1, which AVR do you have? I have a Denon AVR-X2100W, which shows "DD+" with DD+ 5.1 and 7.1. For latter, I use the DD+ 7.1 channel check from the A/V samples wiki to confirm all 8 channels are working.

That's the exact RAM I bought for my Celeron NUC.
My Family Room Theater
I have an Onkyo TX-NR616 and it is DD+ capable.
It's a 7.2 but I'm only using 5.1 currently.
Just tried playing the file with MPCHC but it's only decoding PCM using that player.
I'm pretty sure PDVD decodes DD+ but again the symbol shows no plus using that file?
I can even shine a light on the AVR display and see the + symbol that isn't lighting.
Not sure what else or how else I can check for you guys.
Do you know of an actual title that was released in DD+ back in the day, like before you were born?
I may have it. LoL. Yep, I'm ancient. Now where'd I set my Geritol down at?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2016-03-29, 02:29)brazen1 Wrote: Do you know of an actual title that was released in DD+ back in the day, like before you were born?
I may have it. LoL. Yep, I'm ancient. Now where'd I set my Geritol down at?
LOL, I'm just as ancient, but not sayin' by how much Wink. DD+ isn't common thankfully. Just tried the usually reliable Blu-rayStats.com site and came empty.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-03-29, 02:29)brazen1 Wrote: I have an Onkyo TX-NR616 and it is DD+ capable.
It's a 7.2 but I'm only using 5.1 currently.
Just tried playing the file with MPCHC but it's only decoding PCM using that player.
I'm pretty sure PDVD decodes DD+ but again the symbol shows no plus using that file?
On an Onkyo AVR, Dolby Digital Plus is displayed as "Dolby D+"

If you are using LAV filters in MPC-HC, then it cannot output EAC3 extension stream in M2TS file. The author of LAV filters had mentioned way back in 2011 that he wasn't going to spend any time fixing it since Dolby Digital Plus is an uncommon codec. It should however output standard Dolby Digital from EAC3. If you convert the M2TS file to MKV format, it WILL output Dolby Digital Plus.

PowerDVD shouldn't have had any problem with Dolby Digital Plus. Is the audio output mode set to "Non-decoded high-definition audio to external device"?

(2016-03-29, 03:12)hdmkv Wrote: LOL, I'm just as ancient, but not sayin' by how much Wink. DD+ isn't common thankfully. Just tried the usually reliable Blu-rayStats.com site and came empty.
Dolby Digital Plus was extensviely used in HD-DVDs not so much in Blu-rays. I have 10 HD-DVD titles and all of them have Dolby Digital Plus (My poor Toshiba HD-XA2 player Sad Sad). It looks like studios have now resurrected Dolby Digital Plus and are using it for secondary language(s) Atmos tracks.
Hi, for a few minutes I had canceled the order DN2820 and ordered a NUC NUC6I3SYK with 2x4GB RAM. I will report how it works ;-)
Yes, please post your experience, especially as @movie78 had "blurriness" issue w/NUC6I3SYK.

@wesk05, how could I forget HD DVD's. Had a whole bunch at one point. Found an old thread at AVSForum showing HD DVD's w/DD+.
My Family Room Theater
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10