• 15(current)
Broken Yahoo! Weather
(2016-03-29, 08:11)OTinley Wrote:
Quote:How can I get it? Will update be automatic?
It should get updated.

Thanks. On kodi add-on was updated but what about Openelec? Will it be updated too?
(2016-03-30, 07:57)Mr Dan Wrote:
(2016-03-29, 08:11)OTinley Wrote:
Quote:How can I get it? Will update be automatic?
It should get updated.

Thanks. On kodi add-on was updated but what about Openelec? Will it be updated too?
If you have updates enabled then you should get the update. It's out already and the fixed add-on works.
Is anyone else having troubles with the weather updating today? It has been sitting at 32 degrees all day long, and refreshing doesn't fix it.
(2016-04-13, 03:03)amcfarla Wrote: Is anyone else having troubles with the weather updating today? It has been sitting at 32 degrees all day long, and refreshing doesn't fix it.
Yes. It died for me a few hours ago.
Was using the updated version.
Ended up using the edited default.py here :
It works again if I don't rotate the location.
Yes, I'm running weather.yahoo on Jarvis under Android, and since a few days I've had weather update problems. Based on the addon error log it looks like it might be a Yahoo problem, but I'm not familiar enough with it to say.

Code:
18:45:12 T:1838548096   DEBUG: weather.yahoo: version 3.1.1 started: ['/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc16/files/.spmc/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py', '1']
18:45:12 T:1838548096   DEBUG: weather.yahoo: weather location: 9807
18:45:12 T:1838548096   DEBUG: weather.yahoo: forecast data: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
    <rss version="2.0" xmlns:yweather="http://xml.weather.yahoo.com/ns/rss/1.0" xmlns:geo="http://www.w3.org/2003/01/geo/wgs84_pos#">
    <channel>
    <title>Yahoo! Weather - Error</title>
    <description>Yahoo! Weather Error</description>
    <item><title>City not found</title><description>
    Weather Data not Available at the moment
    </description></item></channel></rss>
    <!-- fan496.sports.gq1.yahoo.com Mon Apr 11 16:34:54 PDT 2016 -->
18:45:12 T:1838548096   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
     - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
    Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
    Error Contents: list index out of range
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc16/files/.spmc/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 220, in <module>
        forecast(location, locationid)
      File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc16/files/.spmc/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 104, in forecast
        properties(query,loc)
      File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc16/files/.spmc/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 145, in properties
        set_property('Current.Condition'     , condition[0].attributes['text'].value.replace('/', ' / '))
    IndexError: list index out of range

EDIT: I also looked through and tried the edited default.py from previous post, and can confirm it works.
This works fine for me. So far I haven't had any problems rotating locations. Thanks for sharing the default.py file.

(2016-04-13, 04:01)OTinley Wrote:
(2016-04-13, 03:03)amcfarla Wrote: Is anyone else having troubles with the weather updating today? It has been sitting at 32 degrees all day long, and refreshing doesn't fix it.
(2016-04-13, 04:01)OTinley Wrote:

Thanks for the info. I will give that file a try and see if it resolves my issues.
The Yahoo Weather addon was completely blank for about a minute this morning and then it suddenly started working.
i will update the addon to use the 'new' api.
there are too many issues with the current one lately.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I have a question why does extended forecast not work when yahoo offers a 10 day forecast?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/weather/unite...ia-2471217
(2016-04-14, 22:41)gate1975mlm Wrote: I have a question why does extended forecast not work when yahoo offers a 10 day forecast?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/weather/unite...ia-2471217

the addon provides a 7 day forecast through the standard weather info.

enabling extended info in the addon, just to provide three extra days isn't worth it imo.
yahoo doesn't provide any of the other 'extended' items like hourly forecast, weather alerts, weather maps, etc..
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hey Bud what is the latest version?? Also Everytime I shutdown my box and restart I get an error msg for yahoo weather..and then doesn't work...any ideas
Current version is 3.2.0 , was updated within 24 hours.
ronie.. with the newest version, everytime i start up, i get the script error.. have to reset location settings constantly, any advice?
thanks..
(2016-04-15, 15:03)oksauce Wrote: with the newest version, everytime i start up, i get the script error.. have to reset location settings constantly, any advice?
thanks..

I had the same issue after updating 2 days ago.
I had to uninstall the add-on completely, deleted the folder.
I then re-installed from the Kodi repo and have not experienced the error since.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yahoo! Weather1